CVS Health
6,741 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
CVS its was a good experience
shift leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: gets really slow at times
not a bad place to work at, i liked working there. the day went pretty fast and the co workers were pretty nice.i had good experience woking there and alot of fun. not a bad place to work
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Very busy work days with processing prescriptions and keeping accurate records. Always a joy providing great customer service and making a difference in the world with keeping people healthier and living longer lives.
Co-workers are amazing, Management is difficult
CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MichiganJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers were amazing, customers were great
Cons: management, pay rate
I was hired in working the day shift however was asked to work afternoons and/or midnights on a regular basis. If you refused you would lose hours the next week. Management was unaware of the goings on in the store and often reprimanded employees about issues that they (management) were not well educated about themselves.

I personally worked midnights as a favor for my store manager and was placed on them permanently, although I had informed him numerous times that the shift would not work with my schedule.

I enjoyed working with the public and my co-worker worked as a team. We tried to support each other as much as possible.
Nice place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, Ga.January 27, 2015
Pros: being able to help others
A typical day at CVS is to make sure that the store is stocked with merchandise for customers, assist customers when needed. While working for CVS i learned that working in the pharmacy is totally different that working in the front of the store. I worked with a GREAT team of co workers, everyone worked as a team to get things done in a timely manner. The hardest thing about working for CVS was leaving. The most enjoyable thing was meeting and talking with the customers and learning to check out customers in the pharmacy area.
Fun place to work slight issues.
Photo lab supervisor/Customer Service Retail (Current Employee), Wichita KSJanuary 27, 2015
CVS is a awesome place to work, if you have an open schedule. I love what I do but they just cut hours for everyone and there's just not enough to go around. My boss is awesome and every other store manager i have met working there is also awesome. Everyone has a great personality!
I enjoyed working there, if I could only work there again...
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Jasper, INJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: work with customers, being shift supervisor, working with good people
Cons: phone scams
I have learned so much , every day I learned something new!! I loved the fact of working my overnight shift , counting drawers, doing deposit, cleaning the store, just getting the store ready for the next day ! The hardest part of your job is your coworkers if you do not cooperate and work together it will be hard to do your job. I would love to work at cvs again ,but I was involved in a phone scam and I guess I am not rehireable period.
fun place of professionalism
Cashier (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 30 minutes to an hour break
Cons: health care
a typical day of work was going to work and doing what is asked of me to. I learned how to stay professional through whatever the situation is. my co-workers where very friendly and they welcome me with open arms. the hardest part of the job was maintaining the task that was asked of me do to the fact of short staff members. the most enjoyable part was seeing the smiling faces that came into my job.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: laid back, easy-going environment
Cons: short breaks
A good day at CVS would start the moment I walk through the door, and a fellow cashier gives me a smile that automatically brightens my day. I learned that when you take time to listen to a customer, that goes a long way with pleasing them. My co-workers are like my family, and I love them all. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with an angry customer. I'm still working on that. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my CVS family.
Exellent
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), Doral, FloridaJanuary 27, 2015
Exellent, productivity, good customer service,m good place to work
CVS
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Odenton, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: short breaks
It is an okay place to work to get an idea of how a pharmacy works.
Fine for Part Time Students
Cashier (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, low pay, over worked
I've been working at CVS while perusing my degree
it has pushed me to finish my degree for the mere fact that working there is awful.
many opportunities to interact with the public
Cashier (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: cashiers do not work over 29 hours weekly
Main job responsibilities include greeting customers and directing them towards products they want. You learn to use the telxon scanner to keep inventory updated and damage out expired merchandise. Team environment where all employees are encouraged to support each other. Typical retail difficulties with dissatisfied customers. The best part of the job is meeting so many people in the area and learning new things from them.
Very demanding job with high expectations that will teach you a lot
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, expensive healthcare (compared to other companies)
Very busy work day. Taught me how to multi-task very well. Love the people I work with. Exhausting. Physically demanding. Mentally draining at times. High expectations with scores and metrics.
Productive and interesting place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Assisted members with filling prescriptions. Both my co-workers and the members that I spoke to were pleasant and made my job enjoyable.
Cvs Pharmacy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), 630 lexington AveJanuary 26, 2015
i worked in this company for four years almost and still working here. I've learned a lot of work and gained a lot of experience and being part of the management i had to make sure store looks good at the end of my shift and i got the best compliments for being a nice person with costumers. i had the best co-workers and worked as a team and that helped alot. All jobs are hard but if we enjoy it and work on it nothing looks hard
staff were very friendly and felt like family
cashier (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the staff felt like family, everyone was friendly
We assisted customers with products, made sure the products were always stocked and presentable, ordered new stock, rang up customers. As photo supervisor I trained new employees, maintained the cleanliness and safety of the photo lab, repaired photo equipment, trained other photo supervisors in the region on the new photo software, assisted customers with their photo orders,ordered new photo products.
Customers make this job enjoyable.
Shift Supervisor TraineeMarch (Former Employee), Racine, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: awesome people and customers as long as your friendly and helpful.
Cons: few or no breaks given. small staff so if someone calls off you're stuck.
Constantly busy enviroment. Learned management skills including counting safe and operations as a whole. Management is more like a personal basis and how you communicate with them. I got along more with co-workers then the store manager and the corporate people that frequented. Truck day and really busy customer days are the hardest days. My regualr customers were the most enjoyment i got from this company.
slow pace
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Norwalk CaJanuary 26, 2015
clock in and the day would drag. very slow pace unless it was alot of customers. Co-workers we very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was the co-workers and the hardest part of this job was the pay and the hours.
Training
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bad training, depends who you get.
Some Supervisors there do not like helping you at all.When I was in training,Supervisor I had was on her phone texting while I had my hand raised up for 5mins.When she got to me,she didn't clearly answer my question.She said she will just send the information and steps by email later on.I didn't receive it,later the next day.Thats when I ran into the question with a patient.I got my supervisor to help me,instead of showing me the steps.She did it on her own to help the patient.After work,I received the news the I was laid off.That supervisor does not demonstrate good traits of a leader.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more