CVS Health
5,962 reviews

CVS Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Great team
Store Manager (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: team and culture
Cons: benefits
The team has great energy and they ensure that guest satisfaction requirements are being met daily.
excellent place to intern
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bedford, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: 10 min commute to work
Cons: senority status with job advancement
My experience at CVS health was one interesting journey. I was able to learn the ends and outs of retail pharmacy, straight out of school. I also, intern there, which was a huge difference than being employed there. I was certainly able to utilize the skills I acquired while attending school. Taught me a lot about customer service and patient care.
fun work place inside world wide hotel
SALE CLERK/CUSTOMER SUPORT (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: rude hotel guess
enjoy learning new experience with special management.The double tree hotel is a happy work environment.
a fun workpace and everyone got along if we have a good sales week there where alway a dinner are something to celebrate.
Customer service,cashier (Former Employee), McKinney, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches and if you made top sells you recived a giftcard.
Cons: healthcare
come in and wait on customer . Good management time and co-worker was the same. there was no hard part to this job. Love this job but, when the change of management everything else change .
Busy and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Gardner, MASeptember 29, 2014
On a typical day I would go into work, punch in and ring up customers. In addition, I would also help out with the photo lab on occasion, and stock shelves, do inventory, clean up the store.
Productive work place
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Pearland, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: hours
Its a good work environment. You are up and moving and working in different areas. It allows you to interact with customers face to face and develop great customer service skills and relationships with customers.
Productive Fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2014
The Job pays well and if you are willing to work hard you can be promoted quickly.
Staff Pharmacist
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: get to help the general public with health care needs
Cons: no breaks, short staffed, no enough time to devote to each patient as trained while becoming a doctor of pharmacy
Responsible for verification of medications issued by valid prescribers, managing technicicans, utilizing my clinical skills to advise patients on correct usage of medication including reason for taking, side effects and more.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), North Palm BeachSeptember 29, 2014
Very Nice Customers, Loving Environment. Really nice employers, store is kept very nice and neat.
Staff
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: rude customers.
The staff I work with is wonderful, it makes the days go by so quickly.
Great Company to work for with amazing job advancement opportunities.
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Attica, INSeptember 28, 2014
I have learned so much working for CVS Pharmacy. My typical day at CVS involves maintaining great customer service, making our customer feel like a part of the our family. Always looking for ways to go above and beyond to make them feel important. I prepare scripts through data entry and packaging medications. I also deal with insurance companies and – more... doctor's offices to get the patients what they need. The management and my co-workers are part of my family. They are there for me when I need them and vice versa. The hardest part of my job is seeing customers when they are having an issue with their medication. But on the the other hand making my best part is the customers and when they let me know I made their day. – less
a job is a job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Ok enviorment. some mangagement issues. cool coworkers but alot of gossip
Fun workplace with management opportunities/incentives
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Inkster, MISeptember 27, 2014
Pros: appropriate breaks, benefits, and pay.
Cons: mass customer checkouts sometimes when there are very few employees/hours a bit
Stocking lower/upper galleys with supplies'inventory and outdated products.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Photo Technician (Former Employee), Thomasville, GASeptember 27, 2014
Every day consisted of meeting people and seeing regular faces. Work environment is very productive and fun on a professional level. Management is very helpful and encouraging. You will never be bored and will always feel like you made someone happy. Progressing up the chain is on a steady pace. If you do your job and work hard, getting promotions will – more... come very quickly. The hardest part of the job is just major events/holidays when you have 8 customers or more at once to take care of. – less
Extremely detrimental to your mental and physical health!
Cashier (Current Employee), Denver, NCSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: there are no good things. none. don't even try.
Cons: you work at cvs.
Corporate wants so much done that its humanly impossible to do all in one day plus add the constant back and forth running for customers who never understand and yell at you. CVS PHARMACY sells drugs and if you work here you WILL come into contact with many DRUG ADDICTS asking for needles or stealing cold and cough medicine. When the sun goes down at – more... CVS the crazies come out, welcome to the twilight zone. Management does not care about you in the slightest and the most you can get for a raise your first year as a cashier is thirty cent and I have been told I may have to wait a few weeks or even months to see if I even get a thirty cent raise. Also it doesn't matter if you are PT or FT you are on-call the entire time you work at CVS. Management will pressure you and bully you to get their shifts covered. Don't bother calling the ethics line or HR because you WILL be retaliated against. Trust me, I tried. Managers wont let you take lunch breaks and if you do get a lunch break it is so late that you barely get all your closing tasks done. I once had a manager sit in the office for three hours "writing and email,". No matter how hard you try to do well in CVS and move up the ones who slack and lie and cheat and barely do their jobs get the raises and move up.The insurance pays for next to nothing. I started out making eight dollars and hour. I still haven't seen my raise, and a grocery store across the street from my store pays their cashiers eleven dollars an hour starting out. Eleven. I can bet money they don't have to put up with the same amount of crazy as CVS employees do. Bottom line if you want to have a stroke, aneurysm, or mental breakdown work for CVS. CVS Pharmacy is greedy from the top to bottom, when I first started working for CVS I was told that I would have to work Christmas because people need their prescriptions even on Christmas eve and Christmas day... the Pharmacy is CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! In my store only the front store is open. – less
Enjoy talking and helping customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palestine, TXSeptember 26, 2014
I have learned that it is very important to work as a team and you have to learn to multitask in order to help your customers and still get your daily work done.
Learned a lot
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Engaging with customers to receive prescriptions and fulfill them accordingly
maintain patient records on a regular basis and and implementing HIPAA regulations
Verifying the prescription along with the patient’s insurance policy and printing out an appropriate label
Sort out the correct medication and fill the prescription bottle accurately
Complete – more... sales by being in charge of the cash register
Receiving orders by telephone by doctor and demonstrate customer management skills
Detail oriented – less
job securitity
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee), ellenwood, gaSeptember 26, 2014
Nice compay to have open availability . Nice family oriented environment.
Terrible compensation while CEO making 422x average workers salary....Terrible working conditions...
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), SomewhereSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: what pros?
Cons: health benefits suck, compensation is insulting..
Lets see...they start technicians in the pharmacy at $10.00 per hour IF you are lucky. Some are offered lower. They have "employee" restrooms which are shared with the general public. When general public uses these bathrooms they do all sorts of nasty stuff and there is no one to clean them. Shouldn't that be illegal? If it were a restaurant or any – more... other business they would be fined. Many stores don't even encourage taking breaks. They are ALWAYS understaffed and it is no wonder they haven't killed anyone as a result. They give you a 0.02% annual raise. Meaning if you start at age 18, and get your 0.02% annually you just might clear $14.00/hr by the time your 35. Some pharmacists have applicants who are supposedly very intelligent and blah blah, pharmacist raves about them and schedules meetings with District Pharmacy Manager and Front Store General Manager and somehow applicant receives $15.00/hr rates with ZERO pharmacy experience because he is supposedly a superstar (right). So you have basically wasted the last 10 years of your life for some bozo the clown to come in and be compensated higher than you when he knows NOTHING about pharmacy. Simple put...this company and every other retail chain needs to understand that technicians are the driving force behind the success of the company and compensation needs to be increased in order to keep a happy face on all day. Staff the stores!!!! You cheap greedy turds!!!! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more