CVS Health
6,532 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Not a great place to work
Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
never enough help to do the job we are suppose to do It's a very stressed job to have.
It was a good place to learn
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 23, 2014
Good place to learn and gain experience but could have the employees work a little less.
Stressful, fast paced, poor work environment
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Janesville,WiDecember 23, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: no breaks or lunches. training. coworkers
If you don't have experience I don't recommend this pharmacy the lead tech is exceptionally rude and has no desire to help you or answer questions. She is the reason most of their techs quit. However the management and pharmacists themselves are exceptionally nice. You often work without a break or a lunch because it is so busy. You are always doing – more... six things at once and can never finish one thing before being told to do another. They basically only hire for a 11-8pm shift because the other two techs don't work past 5:30-6. Training really is "figure it out for yourself" – less
Easy job to do kinda dangerous
Cashier Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 23, 2014
I ran the front counter at the cvs on lane in the heart of campus, on Easter Sunday I was held up at gun point and walked around the stone. The guy wanted me to open the locked cases and pretend to ring him out. After that I became more afraid of our customers and began to make mistakes at the register.
Health Care
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Katy, TXDecember 23, 2014
CVS pharmacy is a great place to work. Opportunities for advancement are endless. Management is fair with making decision. Working at a 24 hour store typical day is very busy and multitasking skill are put to use at every minute. Helping my customer to feel satisfied in every aspect of what CVS has to offer is the most enjoyable part of my day.
Great environment and co-workers!
Cashier (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great discounts.
Cons: short break.
I typically only work on Saturdays. On Saturdays 3 employees are scheduled to put up next weeks sale signs. I usually put the signs up near the front so I can watch the register. My shift is usually a 4 hour shift, so it takes all my time to put up the weekly sale signs.
productive fun workplace, but poor pay and little change of job advancement.
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Cons: few to no breaks, poor compensation, poor management
I had no pharmacy experience prior to working for CVS Health. I did learn a lot on the job, and made some great friends with my co-workers in the process.
However, there are more disadvantages to advantages to this job. It's no secret that CVS pays its pharmacy technicians very little compared to other pharmacies. Yearly raises are little at best. The – more... company is constantly cutting hours while expecting more and more out of employees. The sick policy is ridiculous - the company would rather have people visibly ill handling people's medications with compromised immune systems than calling in sick. They have an 'occurrence' system, so every time you call in sick/go home sick, it's an occurrence - even if you get coverage and bring in a doctor note. I had a co-worker who had pneumonia and she was still forced to work.
If this is your sole source of income, it is very hard to make ends meet. If you are certified, you don't make any more than someone who is not, so don't bother.
Honestly the only benefits to this job were that I got to learn a lot about the retail pharmacy industry, and the benefits are pretty good. – less
Fast paced and noisy and a terrible place to work.
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: rude managers
CVS Caremark is mainly understaffed and is run by managers who only think about more production, not one concern for the employee. They have no clue what is going on in the facility. Leads and Admins and Supervisors walk around all day playing pocket pool. The pay is terrible for the amount the business makes. Would not recommend this job for anybody. – more... It is a FACTORY not a pharmacy. – less
I worked for CVS for 2 years. Boy, let me tell you!
Forklift Operator, and occasional picker (Former Employee), Waverly, NYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: i loved the job that i was doing, vacation ph and paid sick days are great
Cons: micro-managed, fake caring from the upper ups, lazy hr workers
I have never been so relieved to loose a job at the warehouse, and I am the type to tough it out thinking everything will be fine as long as I do what I am suppose to do. Not at this job. There is very little job security. You have to be in certain departments to be capable of making it. Select few in the other departments have to have a "fighter" personality – more... to them. This is at the Chemung/Waverly, NY warehouse mind you.
Example: As a picker, they give you an RF unit to scan onto a ticket. You have to slap that onto a tote, and the shelves behind you have lights that light up under the product that the store orders and how many. The problem is that it rates you on how fast you go and you have to be fit enough to do "aerobics" for, on the norm, 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week (seasonally 8 hrs a day, but that is not common). They give you sections to work in. Some of them are rated realistically, but MOST sections are not exactly. There are sections where it is a trap. I'm talking ... nobody can make it in the section. The "fighters" that have been there for a long time know where those spots are. As a short person, this job, which is the main position in the building, would not be capable of making the same rate as a taller person in the same section.. but that's why they make the bottom two shelves flat right? So the shorter people can climb all day to get what they need. That is just one example of one job position, and a small portion of it at that. It's definitely not that people don't want to work, it's that they rate you unrealistically to their expectations, but that could be another story in itself. They don't cycle through such an enormous amount of people for no reason. I've seen GOOD people loose there job there sooo many times because they couldn't meet unrealistic expectations that they got stuck in. The rules at CVS in the office is ...... they do what they want. I received top incentive in my job position and I was also the only one in my little department to do it on the regular, but the lower pay sugared with incentive pay is still not enough to have high stress and anxiety over. Plus, they don't care or notice when you go out of your way and go over and beyond what is expected of you. You are just as disposable as the lazy person next to you, you just might last a little longer. Yes, management might notice you and love you, but it is the office people above them that fire people so freely who don't care. I've seen quite a few people have literal break downs many times during my time there. It is not that uncommon... that should tell you enough what it is like to work for this company. All of that is fixable, but as long as everything is "fine" and getting done in their eyes, that is all that matters to them. I hope that things improve drastically in the near future, but in the mean time, I am going to get a different job that pays what it is worth. – less
Ouch
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CaliforniaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: lots of ot
Cons: lots of ot - and lots of blame
Big Mistake. Miserable management and resources. Upper management is full of criticism, but no solutions.

This has been the absolute WORST pharmacy experience I could possibly imagine. There have been outright lies told - by management, a painful, disheartening experience.
extern
Extern-Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2014
I did my extern here and everything I learned was very useful. I loved the hands-on learning. The employees were very heart warming and wasn't afraid to teach me their jobs. They gave me information that I was going to need to know in order to apply for a job.
productive environment
Front-End Associate -Pharmacist Asst (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 20, 2014
Pros: guest services
Cons: n/a
I loved the guests, employee discount, and environment. The company work was easy and fast.
Great work environment with more than enough opportunity for advancement.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Monroeville, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free tea, benefits, unlimited overtime, advancement
Cvs/Caremark is by far the best job i have ever had. Working with all the customers on a daily was the best part of the job because I enjoy helping customers with their questions, concerns or any problems they may have and actually able to execute the issue. The job also offered awesome benefits through the company which I took full advantage of along – more... with the unlimited Overtime. – less
Slow paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Northfield, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: paid lunches, decent pay
Cons: union.
Typical day consists of basic retail job functions. Assisting and ringing customers, department presentation, etc. Supervisors perform key holder protocol and cash deposits. Slow paced environment, not for someone who desires growth within company.
Fast pace, and was always kept busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Adelanto, CADecember 20, 2014
This was a summer job only. It could not coop with my school schedule in the fall.
Fun Workplace
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Turlock, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: hours and pay
i did my externship there it was a fun place to work it was small people got along good it was very enjoyable staff very nice to work with the store i work for was fast pace like it
Productive and fun company to work for and excellent reputation
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), 11 E. 14th ST. Chicago Heights, IlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: photo machine stayed down often, had to walk to back to let customers in the restroom
CVS was a great place to work. I met and got to know alot of the customers, helping them with product selections and information. But the entire team made the store a smooth running operation.
looking for another work enviornment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJDecember 19, 2014
looking for another career opportunity looking to further my career
Nice and relaxed environment to work and good flow of constant work.
Compliance Analyst - AML Compliance (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILDecember 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria and lounging area in the building with garage parking
Cons: short breaks
Working the in the AML Department I daily look at wire transfers to create Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) on customers who have passed the daily or monthly thresholds limits.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more