CVS Health
6,378 reviews

CVS Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
productive and fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: short breaks
i love CVS all my co-workers were great and loved me and everything i did. the most enjoyable part about my job is the customers and environment. the management was awesome everyone had great experience. I have learned many things for instance i learned how to use some tools we have for the store. for te most part i was very familiar with the way things – more... went. the hardest part of the job is when some co-workers were very playful and did not take work very serious at times. – less
Good place to work for entry level experience
Lead Pharmacy Technician / Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to work independently and learn
Cons: long periods without a break and lack of knowledge from management
Overall working for them on entry level I learned a lot. Management could stand more extensive training I found that they were unsure of actually company polices. I had a good time in the work place felt like a small family due to small staff.
Great Company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Camp Springs, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: very rewarding company to work for
Cons: manangment was not always nice or approachable.
Receptionist, greeting prospective student,processing payments, filling. Coworkers are awesome.
Business Oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), Center, TXNovember 20, 2014
You get to meet all kinds of different customers. It is a fun learning experience.
STRESSFUL
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Medford, NJNovember 20, 2014
Pros: no lucnh
its a very stressful job they treat you nothing like an employee they treat you like a slave with no breaks and no lunches even when you work an 8 hour shift or longer. Customers treat you like your not a person and nothing is organized
Progressive pharmacy aimed at healthcare
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad,CANovember 20, 2014
CVS PHARMACY strives to be the leader and name in healthcare. The company is team oriented and works hard to promote a strong healthcare system that is geared to promoting health and wellness.
Didnt Like the Job
Client Benefits Specialist/ QA Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Definitely not a desk job worker. The hours are long and the pay was not worth it.
Stressful and fast paced environment
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Wind Gap, PANovember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, stability
Cons: corporation mentality, limited advancement
Working in a pharmacy is a stressful, fast paced work environment that requires concentration and diligence. There isn’t much difference between each day, but my coworkers and immediate management are great workers and help ease the stress.
overall a good job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), schertz txNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: management
I help people every day. Filling they're medication, helping them with any problem that may occur, and making them happy.
I have learned a lot working in a pharmacy like insurance and the ins and outs of returning things to a warehouse,there is so much to learn and grow learning.
One thing i do not like about working there is the management. It is very – more... unprofessional and i do not agree with a lot of things that go on being unsaid.
I enjoy helping people it is what i want to do for the rest of my life. – less
Organized place
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee), Ponce,PRNovember 19, 2014
You have to work fast and put patients before your task. If you follow the company's policy you wont have any problems.
Fast pace environment.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: employee discount program
Cons: lack of training
A typical day at work would be reviewing tasks prioritizing, and delegating to the right employees.What I learned was to work as a team player. Management could either work against or with you depends on the location. Co-workers were interesting because they each had an unique attitude. The hardest part would be to give excellent customer service while – more... completing high priority tasks. The most enjoyable part of working there would be, building relationships with customers and greeting each other by name. – less
Excellent View into the World of Pharmaceutical Medication
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bronxville, NYNovember 19, 2014
I was educated in HIPAA guidelines for protection of personally identifiable information. I also learned SIG codes and laws surrounding pharmaceutical prescriptions. I had heavy client interaction which helped me further develop my customer service and communication skills.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2014
Its a fun environment and also very fast paced. However it can be also very slow depending on your location. My coworkers were all very good people who had always helped me whenever I needed something. CVS is very good about helping with a flex schedule if you are part time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping the customers and them – more... really showing their appreciation. The hardest part would be sometimes trying to do so many things at once. – less
Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Walpole, MANovember 19, 2014
People were great but very short staffed. Some of the customers were difficult to handle at times but if you were to talk to them in a polite matter they seemed to calm down quickly. Some of the pharmacist were very knowledgeable and helpful to figure out problems.
Productive work place.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Pekin, ILNovember 18, 2014
Cons: not enough hours.
I learned so much in such little time at CVS. I learned how to fill prescriptions and inventory all of the medication. Overall it was a good place to work.
A busy environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2014
Weekdays are virtually non-stop with the phones ringing, patients coming in looking to fill prescriptions, and trying to maintain between 3-6 tasks at any given time. Between the hours of 9-6, it is just pushing to try to keep up with the workload.
It was very fast paced and demanding
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 18, 2014
It was a very productive environment. My boss was stern yet fun, and always kept things lively. the nights were long and boring but overall it was interesting to say the least. I met a lot of interesting people.
Not Much To Say
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 18, 2014
Learned a lot in a little bit of time. The training is great. I enjoyed the Job Culture more than anything.
I love what I do.
Certified Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i work with, learning about drugs, the satisfaction of getting my work done.
Cons: family time. no much of it
Every person who works at Retail Pharmacy, can agree with me... it is very hard sometimes. But when you love what you do, there is always something positive at the end of the day.
I work at a 24 hours store, currently we do about nine hundred scripts a day, and with flu season starting, is just gonna get worse.. But when you resolve a problem, or get – more... a prescription ready for a patient, and they look at you and give your that "thank you", that stress goes away and the satisfaction of a work well done is all you need. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Health

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more