CVS Caremark
5,681 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Bad place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Ledgewood, NJAugust 21, 2014
This company does not care about their employees. They don't care if you don't make money. They cut hours constantly, give you horrible raises, and don't have good benefits. They also don't care how much time you've invested in them, to managers and cooperate you're nothing and replaceable. You work hard and have nothing to show for it.
stressful environment
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: no breaks
No good management skills did not allow for a successful working environment.
Clean place, love it.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2014
Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it. Clean place, love it.
nice retail company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New Carrollton, MDAugust 21, 2014
It was a typical company to work for with friendly co-workers and customers when I worked there
CVS Pharmacy Is Really A Nice Place Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 20, 2014
I believe that CVS Pharmacy is a nice place to work, I currently work in the pharmacy there and I enjoy it. It's a nice environment to work, they have flexible hours which is great if your going to school. And my co-workers are caring, and professional, and really enjoy helping people.
fast paced environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2014
Good company to work for to gain experience. Good co-workers, good benefits, such as insurance, stock options, 401k etc
An acceptable place to start, but not a great place to stay.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, paid certification, good learning experience
Cons: low pay, short staffed, poor corporate employee relations
One thing I can say about my work experience at CVS Pharmacy is that it was a great learning experience. Not planning on becoming a Pharmacy Technician, I started out as a cashier and was given a wonderful opportunity to develop a highly diverse set of skills in customer service, management and employee relations. Since retail hours are relatively flexible, – more... I was also able to continue going to school full time while also working full time. Also, since I was employed by the pharmacy, I was able to pursue National Pharmacy Technician Certification at no personal cost to me, something which can be upwards of $2,000. This certification, combined with the flexible schedule and work experience allowed me to grow into an employee well suited for a variety of job opportunities.

As is the issue with many jobs, retail or not, the cost of running the company often times negatively affected employees. Constant cutting of hours and freezing of wages eventually turned a great learning experience into a job with no foreseeable future. I was a certified health care professional whose wages were in bottom 10% of the national average for any generic retail position. Eventually the cons of the job outweighed the pros and the decision to find a new opportunity was essentially made for me.

Negativity aside, I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent working for CVS Pharmacy. I became confident working with customers and I knew that I was a valuable asset to my team. Given the opportunity, and if the financial and advancement setting were appropriate, I would not hesitate to work in a similar environment in the future. Despite its flaws, I never would have been able to find the amazing job I have now were it not for the experience I gained working at CVS. – less
Too much work, not enough help
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 20, 2014
Pros: it pays decent
Cons: everything
-Expect a lot to get done, with very little help
-Expect to work 6-7days a week, 10-12 hours a day
-Expect to get called into work when you actually do have a day off
-Expect to have plenty to keep you busy
Ok place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXAugust 20, 2014
It was an ok place to work to start a career. But it required long hours and difficult working conditions.
Fortune 500, isn't always best for its' colleagues
Manager, Account Management (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: expensive healthcare, poor corporate culture, high levels of bureaucracy
As a publicly traded company, CVS Caremark focuses on the bottom line and everything else - its core values, compliance, work/life balance, and what is best for the members it serves comes secondary.
Great Company to work for
Clerk/Shift Supervisor B (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: interacting with the public, flexible with my full-time work schedule, nice people to work with
Cons: retail can be tricky with working a lot of days and odd hours, but with being part-time, i don't have that issue.
I only work part-time and its only one day a week, which is Friday. I work just one day because I have 2 boys that are in school...and it's usually from 5:30-11 at night...which is not good for days that they are in school. On a typical workday, I am ringing up customers, providing customer service, putting up ad signs, price changes, and counting money – more... and completing the deposit. I also print off photos for customers, put up stock, and supervise other cashiers that may be on the shift as well. – less
CVS is a decent company to work for, customer service is a high priority
Cashier at CVS in Sylva NC (Former Employee), Sylva, NCAugust 19, 2014
its a good part time job, not worth the hassle for full time, pay dosent increase till manager level
Fun work place
planograms
price changes
mark downs
seasonal sets
productive workplace, management needed some improvement.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch on truck days
Cons: expected to do a managers job without the pay
customer service was held to a high standard, Co-workers were friendly and got along very well. Truck days were celebrated with lunches
Enjoyed My Job
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Manchester, CTAugust 19, 2014
I had to help assist customers with there questions on there medications and to also make sure they were taking the correct dosage and to make sure i was filling the medication correctly. i would be glad to get a job here .
Very Productive yet comfortable setting
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Dover, DEAugust 19, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, great staff
Cons: weekly hour cuts
The atmosphere is very friendly and light. Coming in to work everyone speaks and smiles. Everyone helps everyone; if one is busy at their assigned station, another will go to help them until they are caught up; you never have to ask or be told. The pharmacists are very knowledgeable & answer any questions. They encourage growth & promotions. There is – more... encouragement to go to pharmacy school. The staff is provided with Pharmacy Degree program information as well as monthly pharmacy literature containing the latest information. I will say that I am gaining weight because when I come in my favorite soda is in the mini fridge & pizza is ordered at least once a week. That isn't something that would keep me there, but they make sure that we eat & take our breaks, they provide fruit & vegetables as well. I enjoy pretty much every aspect of my job, of course sometimes hours are cut & as a full time I go from 40 hours to 30 but I understand. – less
its fine
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), worcester, maAugust 19, 2014
long training, but its helpful and theres a lot to learn. good company. super busy stores.
Friendly environment
Benifits Investigator (Current Employee), Irving, TxAugust 18, 2014
This is a warm environment where we all work together as a team to perform our daily task and promote each other to do our best.
Very Productive, fun work place!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Rincon, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pharmacy Tech. This was a fun-filled exciting job. There was so much to learn and the people were super friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Corporation (CVS Caremark) is a provider of prescriptions and related healthcare services in the United States. It – Read more