CVS Caremark
5,532 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent environment for employees and customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Syosset, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: freindly environment
Cons: increase suscesptibility to community sickness
Very organized and professional staff. Pharmacy is very well kept and there is an increasing growth of customers. Pharmacists are very well trained are able to handle the array of situations that can arise in the pharmacy retail business.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you get out of it as much as you put into it.
I learned a lot from the entire team at multiple stores and from the online courses. Everyone I encountered was willing to help me learn different aspects of the job. Cross training and team work are very important to the teams I worked with.
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service/Sales representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
The management do not treat employees well. They fire people unjustly and bully their employees.
Peaceful and quiet
Customer Service, Stock, Maintenance, Cash (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2012
Pros: peaceful and quiet
Cons: not many hours.
CVS was a peaceful store and was relatively easy to be a part of and integrate with.
Very nice work enviorment with excellent staff and managers
Customer Service - Temporary (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2014
Typical day at work is easygoing but can get hectic in the afternoon when more customers come into the store. Coworkers are friendly and everyone works well with one another.
Great place for part-time job, cons area I worked was ghetto
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), saint paul mnJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great workers
Cons: ghetto area, mean customers
-Good place to start for part-time job, co-workers are very nice. Some Most customers are very crabby. The area I worked was ghetto so I was robbed a few times. The place is always kept clean, managers and cashiers always working hard to satisfied customers.
Diverse and varied place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 30, 2014
Working in management is where you'll get your best training: operations, inventory control, finance, sales forecasting, scheduling, HR Functions stay or take your skills elsewhere.
Not enough employee's
Cashier (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: hardly any breaks, unfair guest comments.
They only had two employees for front of store a manager and cashier, and usually the manger was busy in pharmacy or elsewhere, and you were expected to greet every customer and cashier wait on perfume and photo center and do your other duties, put up stock, check expiration dates etc. and customers got to grade whether you greeted them and walked them – more... to item which was unfair because sometimes you were waiting on someone else or busy doing the other duties. – less
productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor/Management (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2014
Working with regular customers is probably my favorite part of my job.
The people I work are also a fantastic part of my job, always willing to learn new things.
Managers here are always willing to teach you anything you are ready to learn.
Great place to work with great people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: health care, 401 benefits
-A typical day at CVS is making sure that day to day task are completed.
-I've learned that working together as a team is essential to complete all task.
-I believe it is the management responsibility to teach and coach employees so they can succeed.
-showing respect to your co-workers will often follow respect back.
- hardest part of the job is when – more... you can't make every customer happy.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is running an efficient store. – less
Secure job, but no career advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: no career advancement opportunities, poor management at district/regional/corporate level
When hired, I was promised several career advancement opportunities. However, 6 years later, I still have not seen any come true. Stores are always understaffed due to ridiculous payroll constraints.
Fast- paced evironment where there is always something new to learn
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room for growth and no incentives
A typical day working at CVS for me is filling 300-400 prescription daily and constantly moving at a fast pace. At CVS you're learning new things non stop. I became more excel in knowing the different types of drugs and what they are use for and how to fix problems we face during billing insurance. Both my co- workers and the management team is helpful – more... and hard working and friendly towards customers. The hardest part of my job is not being able to advance from where I am now in the company. The thing I enjoy the most working at CVS is the reactions we get when a customers comes in and do not expect their medication to be ready and it is or when they are shocked that we can acknowledge them by their names when we see them walk to the counter. – less
Getting to know someone
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJuly 29, 2014
Always meeting new people and getting to know the regulars. Fun people to work with
An Intense Corporate Culture
Client Service Manager, HR Shared Services (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: strong community of colleagues
Cons: work / life balance is sadly lacking
CVS Caremark has a very strong corporate culture and brand integrity. They operate very strongly toward their Vision, Mission and Values statements.

Like any other corporate culture there is a great opportunity to grow and be developed there. However, there is also an opportunity to lose a great deal of work/life balance.
Fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, New YorkJuly 29, 2014
While I did work for CVS for many years, it was more convenience because they were willing to work around my school schedule. I did enjoy working there and loved the customers and became quite close with many of them but upper management didn't always treat us very well. I did learn a lot about managing and delegation since I was in charge of a staff – more... of over 15 people. – less
Pharmacy Tech in training
Pharmacy Technician in Training (Current Employee), Minot, NDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great experience with part of the medical field.
Cons: minot has so many people our store is usually very hectic.
I work with others to take in needed information and process/fill patient prescriptions. We are also cashiers and perform customer service duties in store and through the drive thru window. We have work stations that do different parts of the whole job. We have contact with insurance companies and patients. In all steps we are working to serve our patients – more... to the best of our abilities to improve total health. – less
Good Company
Clinical Training Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 28, 2014
Overall, this is a great place to work. Salary is a little on the low end, but it's great to have a job.
Average Company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: pay
Typical place to work; great job stability. Pay is ok. I enjoyed my time there, but I was offered a better job opportunity.
exterm performance
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: noting
Cons: many
exterm performance for the underpayed employees . not a well organized company.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with – Read more