CVS Caremark
5,540 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent environment for employees and customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Syosset, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: freindly environment
Cons: increase suscesptibility to community sickness
Very organized and professional staff. Pharmacy is very well kept and there is an increasing growth of customers. Pharmacists are very well trained are able to handle the array of situations that can arise in the pharmacy retail business.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you get out of it as much as you put into it.
I learned a lot from the entire team at multiple stores and from the online courses. Everyone I encountered was willing to help me learn different aspects of the job. Cross training and team work are very important to the teams I worked with.
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service/Sales representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
The management do not treat employees well. They fire people unjustly and bully their employees.
Peaceful and quiet
Customer Service, Stock, Maintenance, Cash (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2012
Pros: peaceful and quiet
Cons: not many hours.
CVS was a peaceful store and was relatively easy to be a part of and integrate with.
Fast, fun and friendly culture, we care about each other , people are # 1 priority..
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great bonus!
Cons: some of pur programs are too slow.
On a typical day we open the store around 7am , I got to work around 6:30am to ensure daily deposit is completed ,I ensure the store is grand opening ready , in order to ensure superior customer service , I spend sometimes analyzing the daily schedule to ensure proper staffing levels, responding quickly to all back – up calls. Ensuring all employees – more... are asking can I help you find something/walk customers to the products they are asking for by modeling, coaching, and recognizing.
All team members establishing and modeling a great looking Store attitude and face the store to planogram because I always treat them like my own family , I care for them all and I always go the extra miles for all of them.
I have learned that sometimes all it takes is a smile and listen to a customer/employee can make a great impact.

I always provide honest feedback, coaching , mentoring and recognition Driving a safety culture; leading by example, actively participating in my safety culture, and immediately addressing safety concerns. Leading store to uphold legal standards in the area of compliance including meal periods, rest breaks etc...

The hardest part of my job is when my delivery truck show up 3-6 hours late at least twice a month ...I never know in advance when the driver will be late until I call to find out myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom to motivate and inspire my team on a daily basis.
I am happy just for waking up in the morning , being positive, fair, firm and consistent are the way for me. – less
Productive environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2014
Receive prescriptions, both over the phone and in-person. Enter prescriptions into computer database. Dispense medications. Assist patients at the cash register. Work with insurance companies. Multi-tasking in high-stress environment.
fun workplace with my co-workers
shift supervisor (Former Employee), west orangeJuly 31, 2014
CVS wasn't the greatest job with the management at the time.
productive place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
the most enjoyable part at this job was having to resolve customer service issues.
Productive, fast pase environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 31, 2014
Management needs improvement, but great first job. Learned many skills that will help me in my personal and business future.
very busy enviornment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 31, 2014
Assisting customers with medical needs and medication, very fast paced.
It was a busy placeto work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: was a good place for a starter not much work to accomplish
Cons: the break was short
On a typical day, I do feed the canisters as medications runs through them, this is what we referred to as opt file .Some times I move to packaging section. Co-workers were always there for each other as we do team work. The had aspect of the job was when all the canisters were out of medicine in them. the most enjoyable part of the job is on packaging.
Very nice work enviorment with excellent staff and managers
Customer Service - Temporary (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2014
Typical day at work is easygoing but can get hectic in the afternoon when more customers come into the store. Coworkers are friendly and everyone works well with one another.
Great place for part-time job, cons area I worked was ghetto
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), saint paul mnJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great workers
Cons: ghetto area, mean customers
-Good place to start for part-time job, co-workers are very nice. Some Most customers are very crabby. The area I worked was ghetto so I was robbed a few times. The place is always kept clean, managers and cashiers always working hard to satisfied customers.
Diverse and varied place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 30, 2014
Working in management is where you'll get your best training: operations, inventory control, finance, sales forecasting, scheduling, HR Functions stay or take your skills elsewhere.
Not enough employee's
Cashier (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: hardly any breaks, unfair guest comments.
They only had two employees for front of store a manager and cashier, and usually the manger was busy in pharmacy or elsewhere, and you were expected to greet every customer and cashier wait on perfume and photo center and do your other duties, put up stock, check expiration dates etc. and customers got to grade whether you greeted them and walked them – more... to item which was unfair because sometimes you were waiting on someone else or busy doing the other duties. – less
productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor/Management (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2014
Working with regular customers is probably my favorite part of my job.
The people I work are also a fantastic part of my job, always willing to learn new things.
Managers here are always willing to teach you anything you are ready to learn.
Great place to work with great people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: health care, 401 benefits
-A typical day at CVS is making sure that day to day task are completed.
-I've learned that working together as a team is essential to complete all task.
-I believe it is the management responsibility to teach and coach employees so they can succeed.
-showing respect to your co-workers will often follow respect back.
- hardest part of the job is when – more... you can't make every customer happy.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is running an efficient store. – less
Secure job, but no career advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: no career advancement opportunities, poor management at district/regional/corporate level
When hired, I was promised several career advancement opportunities. However, 6 years later, I still have not seen any come true. Stores are always understaffed due to ridiculous payroll constraints.
Fast- paced evironment where there is always something new to learn
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no room for growth and no incentives
A typical day working at CVS for me is filling 300-400 prescription daily and constantly moving at a fast pace. At CVS you're learning new things non stop. I became more excel in knowing the different types of drugs and what they are use for and how to fix problems we face during billing insurance. Both my co- workers and the management team is helpful – more... and hard working and friendly towards customers. The hardest part of my job is not being able to advance from where I am now in the company. The thing I enjoy the most working at CVS is the reactions we get when a customers comes in and do not expect their medication to be ready and it is or when they are shocked that we can acknowledge them by their names when we see them walk to the counter. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with – Read more