CVS Caremark
5,450 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent environment for employees and customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Syosset, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: freindly environment
Cons: increase suscesptibility to community sickness
Very organized and professional staff. Pharmacy is very well kept and there is an increasing growth of customers. Pharmacists are very well trained are able to handle the array of situations that can arise in the pharmacy retail business.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you get out of it as much as you put into it.
I learned a lot from the entire team at multiple stores and from the online courses. Everyone I encountered was willing to help me learn different aspects of the job. Cross training and team work are very important to the teams I worked with.
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service/Sales representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
The management do not treat employees well. They fire people unjustly and bully their employees.
Peaceful and quiet
Customer Service, Stock, Maintenance, Cash (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2012
Pros: peaceful and quiet
Cons: not many hours.
CVS was a peaceful store and was relatively easy to be a part of and integrate with.
CVS Pharmacy
Sales Associate / Photo Technician (Former Employee), Kings Park, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexibility
Cons: short breaks
While working at CVS, I learned the true meaning of customer service. My daily goals were to provide the best service to each individual customer and attend to their needs. A typical day at work included maintaining the front end of the store, processing all payments, including cash, debit, credit, money gram, and EBT, locating products for customers, – more... unloading inventory, stocking items, and being a photo technician.

My management were very flexible at times. My co-workers all strived for providing the best service for our customers.

The hardest part of working at CVS was dealing with sometimes stressful situations. Being a photo technician, our busiest time of year for photo processing is Christmas time. During that time our photo machine kept breaking and photo orders kept piling up. It was hard disappointing customers but at the same time being honest about when they will receive their photo order.

The most enjoyable part of working at CVS was knowing that I provided each customer with an attentive attitude and strived to fulfill their needs. – less
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJJuly 21, 2014
Open and closing of the store and pharmacy area. Completing planograms on a daily basis. Receiving and organizing daily truck deliveries. Placing orders for the store. Assisting customers in store and pharmacy as a certified pharmacy technician. Managing associates while on the clock. Writing weekly schedules and training all new hires.
Cvs does not care about their employees
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2014
Cons: little training, poor management, meager pay, no support from company- focus is not on healthcare but solely making money by any means possible
Management is horrible and expects high numbers for customer service while cutting hours and providing little training to their employees. Focus is not on dispensing medications correctly or health of customers but making customers happy, which involves filling C2 scripts that you may not feel comfortable with. Management will support customers who – more... demand their oxycodone rather than the pharmacist's license. – less
Shift Supervisor/Photo-Tech/Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 21, 2014
I worked at this establishment over ten years ago. I learned how to be a photo technician, shift supervisor, and lottery agent. Management was nice. They were all very nice people. There was no hardest part of the job for me. The most enjoyable part was developing pictures.
great store to work in
Pharmacy Technician CPHT (Current Employee), Dallas, PAJuly 21, 2014
I have learned so much from the pharmacists and other tech's they aren't worried about Sharing the knowledge of the job Great store to work in
Productive and fun work environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2014
On a typical da I receive, interpret, enter and fill prescriptions. I have learned about insurance billing and about why certain meictons are used. The hardest part about this job is understanding doctors handwriting. The most enjoyable part about working here is helping individuals become healthy.
Was a good job, but more stress than a combat environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: worked from home, and had a company vehicle
Cons: being on call 24/7, never being able to have a life outside of work
during my workday, I would typically drive 250-300 miles running service calls. covering all of South Texas. the hardest part of the job was that I could never stay caught up, and management was always demanding more than I could give. My customers were great, I had been taking care of their stores for the past 14 years, so they were more than customers, – more... more like an extended family. My co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I went on an emergency call for a critical system outage and the customer immediately knew everything was going to be alright! If it weren't for the hostile environment that my management created, I would never have left. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: my boss loved coffee so we had our cup and talked about what we needed to do for that day.
Cons: when other technicians would say how small our pharmacy was, yet we were best in customer service.
This store started with Eckards then we were bought out by CVS and my store had our change over in 2005. My customers were my part of my family. The are still some that I still keep in touch with. My co-workers were great we all worked hard together as a team. My most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I put a smile on our customers and made – more... sure that if they needed anything they were to call us and we would help. This was a place that I loved going to work because everyday was a adventure. – less
fun to work there
certified pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: fun people
Cons: not enough employees to keep scrpts out on time
very busy but we worked great as a team i learned the importance of team work and responsibility
CVS Pharamcy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middle River, MDJuly 20, 2014
My main duties included ringing the register, answering phone call inquires, cleaning the store, putting up planograms, stocking the store, doing price changes, and of course giving all the customers great customer service. One thing I did enjoy here is the management trusted you enough to do things on your own, you had some trust to do things the right – more... way. A con from this job was lack of hours. – less
productive and very busy
Pharmacist Technician (Current Employee), Yazoo City, MSJuly 19, 2014
it's a very busy store at high volume of scripts a day. there is not enough staff there. most difficult party of the job can be billing some of the customers insurance.
fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
I didn't receive proper training and had to learn everything on my own. There were too many lead technicians and everybody wanted to be boss. Hours weren't enough to take care of my home.
Regular retail job
Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great community image
Cons: not enough staff in high volume stores, management work as cashier long hours at least 4 hours at times.
This company would be great, but there is a disconnect between the District Management and the store management. They are open 24 hours with no contingency plans for adverse weather conditions. I was totally mislead by joining this organization as a store manager trainee. They didn't have enough training hours to get me trained which led to a slower – more... transition to a store manager position. Five months and still had not been trained on payroll. Need a more educated store management force. Employees really deserve to at least have a break after working at least four hours, not seven. – less
Lack of security
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Stoneham, MAJuly 19, 2014
Cvs was overall an alright place to work at,the people i worked with for the most part had great personalities.The lack of pay and advancement was the downfall to working here.
Excessive hours
Store Manager (Current Employee), Islip TerraceJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: excessive hours
I work a minimum of 70 hours per week at a salaried position and all managers are expected to do the same format.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with – Read more