CVS Caremark
5,874 reviews

CVS Caremark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse environment where you can meet many different people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: no advancement within the company
Typical day at work would be interacting with customers, specially the ones who are unsatisfied with the products.
Involvement in many different charities
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: able to use your head phones
Cons: health benefits could have been better or at least cheaper
Typical day was fast pace & at times challenging, but was also my favorite part of the job. Job security was good but the advancement was difficult to get. Co-workers were great. Management was not that involved.
Energic persons need apply
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Albans, WVSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: the rate of pay
We are a fast paced pharmacy who prides ourselves in excellent customer care. I was a line cook before I came to work at CVS. They took me in and trained me from the floor up and I am so thankful for the chance to become the super tech I have strived to be.
This job isn't for everybody. You have to be quick in solving problems especially when it comes – more... to trouble shooting things such as insurance issues or even upset customers.
I enjoy my work within the retail pharmacy world and hope to continue in my chosen field. – less
CVS was a wonderful place to work
Store Manager/Trainer (Former Employee), DeLand, FLSeptember 16, 2014
CVS is one of the best companies I worked for. I worked for them out of high school for 5 years. The company is well organized and management is helpful. Everyone is well trained. I can not say anything was not enjoyable with CVS
Least paid techs of all major retail
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: you have a job.
Cons: they don't care about you, as much as they pretend to.
Daily: guaranteed abuse from management and less often costumers.
learned: politics of workplace.
management excluding lead techs: in my exp, pride-full, blather often, look out for other elites.
co workers: desperate, hungry, stressed, cooperative.
hardest part: working very hard and still not being able to pay bills and eat.
most enjoyable: doing – more... work properly and covertly so when management tries to find an area to criticize you on, they look like fools – less
Close knit family oriented
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employees care about you
Cons: needed more hours
Everyone cares about each other and the especially the customers. Its fast paced and they really try to work with you for schedules. Lower pay than I'd like and could never get full time but would still go back if I had the chance. Great company!
fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2014
is a great way to develop skill in communication and increasing a amount of experience in customer services.
productive workplace
Pharmacy Technican/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Gardendale,AlSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: i just enjoy doing my work
Cons: short breaks
very busy environment that i enjoy doing
management does their job very well
i work with nice people whom i get along with
the hardest part of my job is trying to get everybody to play their part with inventory
the most enjoyable part is my customers
Productive work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: long days
A typical day is working at a fast pace. Dealing with customers and offering great customer service. The hardest part of my job is that it's hard sometimes to get everything done because it a very busy store so you have to be able to be very organize.
very busy so they had good team work
During the externship I learned how (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2014
some co-workers nice and some mean. All the pharmacist were really nice. it was a very busy store but i learned a lot.most enjoyable part of the job was production, the hardest was drive-thru
A great company to work for.
Pharmacy Service Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great work space
Cons: little flexibility with hours
CVS Caremark provides a relaxed, friendly, environment to work in. By far one of the best Temporary Jobs I ever had.
Great Part Time Job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Whittier, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: set amount of hours, union protection
Cons: understaffing, heavy workload for one person
This place is great if you're going to school, they are able to work with your schedule and provide balance between time at work and home. As a team in general, we are understaffed but we take on work that is meant for two or even three people. The team is always friendly, they're willing to help out if you have questions . The hardest part of the job – more... is the intense volume of customers that visit the store and the abilty to help them as effectively and as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part would be the workload outside of the registers. It's a little more relaxed but still even-paced, You get to interact with people and talk to them and maybe have fun while you're at it. – less
Great stepping stone for prospective managers
Photo Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping customers on their path to better health. What I've learned so far at CVS Pharmacy, is important communicative and leadership skills required to be part of a management team. The management at CVS strongly depends on location and the particular skills, knowledge and experience of the manager of the store. The – more... hardest part of the job may be dealing with problematic or impatient customers, or worse shoplifters. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you were able to help a customer to the fullest extent and building a rapport with them. – less
productive and good place to work
Shift Supervisor B (Former Employee), Brookline, MASeptember 15, 2014
great place to work with flexible schedules great people and good managment
great place to work. can be overwhelming at times.
Cahier (Former Employee), North Fort Myers, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace.
Cons: can at times be overwhelming
A lot of responsibilities for one person to handle at times. especially when the store is overloaded with customers. often times there is only one cashier to operate the entire front end.
Fun and socialable
Customer Service (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always smile
Cons: act as if you have a caring attitude
Busy, constantly moving around getting plenty of exercise, meeting and assiting a large number of interesting people.
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Valley Stream, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Learned high cash handling skills.
Delegated tasks to employees.
Maintained inventory through various daily tasks.
Going Downhill Fast
Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros

-Manager pay and bonus potential are very good, as is the health insurance package.
-Higher ups, for the most part, are very approachable and easy to talk to.

Cons

Labor budgets are cut to next to nothing while workloads are increasing. Store managers should expect to work six or seven days a week, some of those double shifts, and still get – more... daily texts and emails about how they are falling short of expectations and need to work harder. The starting pay for your part time staff is minimum wage, and the expectations are astronomical, meaning that when you finally DO find that cashier or pharmacy tech that can produce to company standards, they will leave as soon as they realize that every single job available on your street will pay them more and offer less stress,
There are only two people permitted on the clock at any one time: the cashier and the manager/supervisor. Since the cashier is at the register, the manager supervisor must:
-act as backup cashier
-act as a backup pharmacy technician
-be the store's janitor and maintenance person
-work out the entire product delivery (within 24 hours, according to company standards. Some stores get as many as ten full pallets of product)
-work all backstock
-Do all HR and banking
-Set all merchandise and do all resets
-complete ordering, inventory counts, ad signage, et al
-all this while the front store is handling 50-60 transactions an hour, this requiring you to be at the register away from these tasks
-If you don't complete these tasks because you are helping provide customer service, you will, get written up
-If you ignore customers in order to complete these tasks, you will get written up
-If you manage to juggle the jobs of four different people by yourself and complete a 16-hour workload for every four hours you work, but the customer service survey shows you only earning a '4' (Very good) on a scale of 1-5, you will get written up.

The structure is physically and mentally exhausting and emotionally deflating. You will become a robot, and that is precisely what they want.

Do NOT take this job if you have a family or friends that you would like to see occasionally, as that will no longer be possible. – less
Enjoyable, horrible treatment toward employees, not enough staff
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2014
This was an enjoyable place to work, as most coworkers were fun to work with. However, there were multiple times where we were severely understaffed. Pharmacists don't get lunch breaks and have to work multiple 14 hour days. I was promised raises and never given them, I ultimately would never work here again.
Tenured employees, simple system
Customer Service Representative Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Good company to work for, common issues with upper management. Advancement and issue and a positive. All managers stay for a while so it is difficult to advance as they are not expanding like they have been in the past.

1 2 3 4 5

About CVS Caremark

CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail – Read more