Want to make an impact in the realm of digital video technologies ranging from streaming media to advanced ISR?
Here is your chance.
Our client is looking for a rockstar technical Senior Software Engineer with proficient Software Development skills.
The ideal candidate will have a hacker mentality, enjoys coding, inquisitive, persistent and flexible with strong software engineering skills with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Along with the ability to code, the ideal candidate would have experience working with video compression technology such as DCT, JPEG2000, H.264, HEVC, VP8, VP9 etc.
What's in it for you?
You'll be part of a disruptive innovative, high-energy, collaborative team working on cutting edge technology. You'll have the opportunity to not only disrupt the digital video industry (from digital cinema and streaming media to ISR and space exploration) but also to advance within the company and profit from our success.
You will be offered competitive wages plus attractive incentives.
If you are excited at the opportunity to challenge not only yourself but also the entire digital video industry, then we encourage you to send us your cover letter and resume (Text, HTML, or PDF format) explaining how you would be the ideal candidate for this position.
We prefer in-depth relevant details on your resume, CV, and in your cover letter/email; so don't skimp if it's relevant. Your personal information will be kept confidential.
- Must have minimum 8+ years work experience as Software Development Engineer.
- Preferred 4+ year Computer Science or 4+ year Engineering degree.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen and/or hold US Citizenship.
- Strong software experience required, with knowledge of server hardware as it applies to software solutions.
- Experience with Unix, Microsoft Media Foundation, iOS, mobile web and Android Development, Windows Development, GNU Suite, LAMP.
- Some GUI Development experience.
- Experience with build/releasing software in a large scale, complex C, C++, Intel/ARM/AMD Assembly Language, Objective-C, Java, cross platform environment.
- Hands-on experience to drive a continuing development process from start to final iterations in an agile fashion.
- Excellent software architect with strong development skills; object-oriented design & modelling.
- Willingness to adhere to company's documentation standards.
- Hardcore algorithm design skills.
- Ability to develop encoding optimization algorithms.
- Some knowledge on existing & emerging video compression technology such as DCT, JPEG2000, H.264, HEVC, VP8, VP9 etc.
- Ability to manage time and make reasonable estimates of tasks.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and expository skills.
- In-depth familiarity with software design, implementation, release and support is required, with a strong understanding of sound Web and Mobile design principals/techniques.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and operate in a demanding work environment is important.
- Extensive experience with Digital Video Workflow.
- Graphical or gaming development experience.
- Experience developing GPU, CPU, FPGA, ASIC and chip solutions.
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
- Enjoys working in a start-up type, fast-paced environment.
Come join our innovative team and push the cutting edge of a powerful image processing application forward.
Serious Applicants only. Recruiters and Outsourcing Companies, please don't contact this job poster.
Indeed - 5 months ago