Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer (CAMLO)
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full-time
Work Location: Vancouver – British Columbia
CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada) is a subsidiary of Chinatrust Financial Holding Company Ltd. and is amongst the largest and most profitable privately owned banks headquartered in Taiwan. CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada) continues to delivery superior customer value to our clients. We are all about our clients, our business, and our people. As part of a global banking network with industry leading reputation in the Asia Pacific we continue to place our clients in the forefront of our services.
CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada) is looking to expand its operation in Vancouver and we are looking for a Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer (CAMLO) professional with keen attention to accuracy and to detail, strong communication ability, and excellent organizational skills. Ideal candidate will be equipped with extensive knowledge and understanding in AML/ATF risks, as well as understanding in areas of planning, executing, reporting, and development of AML processes and procedures. The ideal candidate have experience from a similar role at another Canadian financial institution. This role is responsible for the entire AML/ATF program including the design, development, implementation, and management. CAMLO is a vital part of our collaborative compliance team that manages the development and implementation of compliance programs relating to all areas of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) laws applicable to CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada)’s operations.
As an important member of our compliance team, you will provide significant contribution in conducting objective, independent risk assessment to the bank’s compliance with AML and ATF requirements. You will be accountable for ensuring that the bank is in conformance with AML regulatory requirements. This involves strong leadership, communication, and AML audit test understanding to ensure alignment with legislation, jurisdictional regulatory requirement, and internal policies and standards.
At CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada), we offer positive customer experience. As a team, will work together achieve what matters most to our clients. We learn, we grow, and we excel together. We Are Family.
- Oversee and manage the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of all aspects of AML/ATF programs.
- Mentor and supervise existing AML team through thoughtful training and communication.
- Ensures guidelines and requirements are in place pertaining to OSFI Guidelines, FINTRAC Guidelines, Canadian Sanctions, and PCMLTFA/R.
- Establish close working relationships with the Executive Management, the Board, and subordinates to identify and assess area potential AML/ATF risks.
- Conducts objective, independent risk assessment to the banks compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) requirements.
- Leads and execute AML audit testing in audits of the assigned business platform. Review audit programs prior to audit engagement to ensure alignment with legislation, jurisdictional regulatory requirement, and internal policies and standards.
- Provides leadership and execute AML component of audits that are rating high and medium AML risk. Participates in AML testing as needed.
- Manages procedures and controls that minimize instances of fraud while protect information privacy and security.
- Ensures that bank’s policies and procedures for deterring and detecting money laundering and terrorist-financing activities are comprehensive, robust, complete, and up-to-date.
- Keeps abreast of all new legislation and jurisdictional regulatory requirement related to AML and incorporate any updates to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Help provide training to branch staff and commercial lending personnel on AML and ATF requirements.
- Communicate key development and changes to the AML team. Ensure all management personnel and staffs are fully knowledgeable of the risks involved and about their responsibilities with regards to Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing.
- Liaise with regulatory organizations on issues related to AML and ATF activities.
Education and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent work experience. MBA an asset.
- 8 to 10 years of Anti-Money Laundering experiences preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of AML risks, as well as knowledge in areas of planning, executing, reporting, and development of AML processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of complex financial instruments and interbank lending.
- Working knowledge of applicable Bank systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of experience in AML/ATF
- Strong local understanding of Canadian AML/ATF regulatory requirements pertaining to FINTRAC, OSFI, PCMLTFA/R, and Canadian Sanctions
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Risk Management framework, AML risk, Operational risks, and AML regulatory requirements.
- Experience in design, development, implementation and management of AML program for schedule 2 Canadian banking institution an asset.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA an asset.
- CAMLI designation strongly preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Problem solving
- Work prioritization for self and others
- Work effectiveness/efficiency
- Honesty and integrity
Please apply with your Resume and Cover Letter with confidence.
CTBC Bank has been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and support open, accessible, and inclusive work environment.
We stand behind the growth of our employees to help them achieve their visions and goals.
Join us and grow with us!
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. We thank all the candidates that have applied and showed interest in working with CTBC Bank Corp. (Canada).