The CSS Pension Plan, located in Saskatoon, administers a defined contribution pension plan and provides pensions for more than 40,000 past and present employees of 379 Canadian Co-operatives and Credit Unions across Canada.
The CSS Pension Plan is seeking a highly motivated, conscientious individual to play a key role, as part of the CSS management team. The Communication Manager will have primary responsibility for implementing the Plan’s new Communication Strategy.
In this challenging and exciting position, you will review, align and develop the Plan’s communications to meet members’ needs and support the Plan’s business objectives. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of the Plan’s publications, annual report, member statements, seminars, workshops, as well as for support for the Plan’s website. You will also ensure that the Plan’s communications meet the regulatory requirements applicable to registered pension plans.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required to succeed in this position will have been acquired through a degree in journalism/marketing/communications, with five to seven years experience managing the delivery of multiple communication strategies. Adult education knowledge beneficial; knowledge of pensions preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience preparing quality communication materials including:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing, graphics design and production.
- The ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a communications role including planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating communication activities.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing stakeholders’ communication needs.
- Demonstrated experience developing communication issue papers, strategies, policies and guidelines.
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The position reports directly to the Plan’s General Manager.
Please forward your application and a cover letter, including salary expectations, attn: General Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition closes April 15, 2014; however, the position may be filled sooner.