Position: Junior XML Analyst – P&C Insurance
CSIO (Centre for Study of Insurance Operations) is Canada's industry association of property and casualty insurers, brokers and software providers, committed to improving the efficiency and competitive position of the broker distribution channel by overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions such as XML, EDI and standardized forms that will move insurance information and the P&C industry forward.
We currently have an opening in our Montreal location for a Junior XML Analyst.
CSIO is where Insurance, Standards and Technology all meet. The broker distribution channel is experiencing a significant shift as they move to reduce their paper and legacy transmission models in favour of more modern technologies like XML. As a junior XML analyst, you will be placed at the forefront of this historical moment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with XML standards team to develop, test and publish multiple mapping artefacts
- Liaise with relevant organizations and individuals to put together a knowledge base of mapping rules
- Collaborate with a planning committee to prioritize mapping efforts
- University degree in Computer Science
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Able to work independently
- Strong trouble shooting skillset, able to identify root cause of unexpected outcomes
- Experience working on a team with diverse groups of representation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, VB or VBA programming is an asset)
- Hands-on experience with XML and schemas
- Knowledge of XMLSpy or other XML authoring tools is an asset