Position: Commercial Lines Business Analyst
CSIO (Centre for Study of Insurance Operations) is Canada's industry association of property and casualty insurers, brokers and software providers, committed to improving the efficiency and competitive position of the broker distribution channel by overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions such as XML, EDI and standardized forms that will move insurance information and the P&C industry forward.
Currently we have an opening in our Montreal location for a Commercial Lines Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the collection, development, analysis, documentation, and communication of commercial lines business needs and requirements generated from CSIO working group requirement sessions.
The ideal candidate will successfully perform this function by having a strong understanding of information systems and commercial insurance underwriting knowledge to effectively analyze requirements, develop functional specifications, business and technical use cases and business process workflows.
- Ability to facilitate requirement sessions with multiple business partners in to define and improve commercial lines forms, standards and business processes.
- Understand the relationship between business needs, functional requirements, data and integrated technology solutions.
- Innovative in solving problems and identifying, proposing and executing solutions.
- Review and develop recommendations for enhancements to standards
- Test and review standards and develop strategies for adoption
- Provide weekly status updates to management of accomplishments and issues
- University degree in Computer Science or Business
- 5+ years’ experience as a commercial lines business analyst
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- CIP designation would be an asset
- Proven ability to interface successfully with multiple customers at all levels of an organization
- In depth understanding of commercial lines business with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Knowledge of XML and schemas