Network Operations Administrator (Toronto)
Urgent Position for Network Operations
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
The Customer Network Operations Centre (NOC) is a dynamic 24 x 7 x 365 team environment playing a core role towards the high availability of the mission critical Customer Service. The NOC team:
- Actively monitors the Customer Infrastructure
- Reactively resolves any incidents which occur and ensure these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
The NOC Team consists of Team Leaders, Operations Unix Administrators, Operations System Administrators, Operations Administrators, and NOC Operators.
As a Network Operations Administrator you will:
- Monitor the Customer Infrastructure using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise.
- Work as part of a team to log and resolve any incidents ensuring that strict Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
- Escalate any incidents that cannot be resolved within specified times frames to the relevant Engineering groups and work with them as a team until the incident is resolved.
- Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
- Ensure the upkeep and continuous improvement of the Customer Infrastructure by performing periodic maintenance.
- Act as the first point of contact for any Network related problems between RIM's NOC and its Carrier partner's NOC.
- Act as the second point of contact for any Customer related problems which are raised with the Contact Center and then escalated to the Customer Network Operations Center.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in an IT Administration or Network Operations setting
- Experience with Windows, Linux, UNIX (Sun Solaris), networking technology and email systems
- Experience with Databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Internet technologies (Mail: SMTP, POP, IMAP ; Web: HTTP, HTTPS ; DNS)
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude under stress situations
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work rotating 12 hour Shifts in a 24x7 Operations environment.
- Experience with Remedy
- Experience with Sendmail/Postfix, Cisco and Ironport technologies
If Intrested please email your resume