Urgent Position for our client in Toronto
Position: Build and Release Engineer
The Release Engineer will work with quality assurance, development and IT infrastructure staff to design and manage development and test environments including deployment, release management. He/She will perform regular deployments of our major and minor software releases. The position calls for active development of the release portion of the build & deployment tools. This position will manage and improve the existing build and deployment processes between all test and development environments for all releases.
- Coordinate and execute the creation of new development and test environments for software development.
- Maintain a birds-eye-view on concurrently executing code versions and releases within the various test environments.
- Troubleshoot development/test environment related problems that may arise during the course of normal business.
- Expand on the existing toolsets being used to automate the development and test environment management, providing requirements and recommendations to the development team responsible for the tools.
- Monitor build activity and assist with debugging and troubleshooting builds and deployments
- Assist in the design and implementation strategy for new software technologies (third party or in house) in development and test environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Five years of relevant experience is required, including a strong technical background in operational support of medium to large scale infrastructure and development environments.
- Experience with operating systems (Linux and Windows); Unix shell / bash scripting; application servers and associated programming languages such as Weblogic/Java, .Net (optional) and databases, such as, Oracle and optionally other DB such as DB2 and or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with building/deployment tools, such as Ant, Maven (optional), custom written.
- Thorough understanding of software development and release lifecycles is essential.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Subversion (mandatory).
- Working knowledge of systems as well as systems and process automation through the use of API’s and Web Services.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and software with strong process management and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete application deployment processes and automation.
- Offshore delivery experience (working with a remote development team).
Interested?? Please email me or reach me Tel: 416-364-6376 x 2032
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard