Location: Downtown Toronto
Build and Release Engineer
The Release Engineer will work with quality assurance, development and IT infrastructure staff to design and manage development and test environments including deployment, release management. He/She will perform regular deployments of our major and minor software releases. The position calls for active development of the release portion of the build & deployment tools. This position will manage and improve the existing build and deployment processes between all test and development environments for all releases.
- Coordinate and execute the creation of new development and test environments for software development.
- Maintain a birds-eye-view on concurrently executing code versions and releases within the various test environments.
- Troubleshoot development/test environment related problems that may arise during the course of normal business.
- Expand on the existing toolsets being used to automate the development and test environment management, providing requirements and recommendations to the development team responsible for the tools.
- Monitor build activity and assist with debugging and troubleshooting builds and deployments
- Assist in the design and implementation strategy for new software technologies (third party or in house) in development and test environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Five years of relevant experience is required, including a strong technical background in operational support of medium to large scale infrastructure and development environments.
- Experience with operating systems (Linux and Windows); Unix shell / bash scripting; application servers and associated programming languages such as Weblogic/Java, .Net (optional) and databases, such as, Oracle and optionally other DB such as DB2 and or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with building/deployment tools, such as Ant, Maven (optional), custom written.
- Thorough understanding of software development and release lifecycles is essential.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Subversion (mandatory).
- Working knowledge of systems as well as systems and process automation through the use of API’s and Web Services.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and software with strong process management and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete application deployment processes and automation.
- Offshore delivery experience (working with a remote development team).
Indeed - 8 months ago