CSC Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Relaxed and fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 July 2017
Loved working with CSC during the pan am games. I would deffiently recommend it, they are all super friendly and helpful. had no problems at all with the two months of working here.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overnights
Very Toxic work environment
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Management is corrupt, there is a lot of harassment and inequality especially if you are a woman. Training is horrible and mental health is not taken seriously. The work environment is very negative and it is very hard to thrive, job reward is zero. There is a lot of information about Edmonton Institution and its toxic environment in the media.
Pros
overtime is always available
Cons
very hard to stay positive and keep work from affecting your life
Great, friendly work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2017
CSC is a great place to work! Lot's of fun cool and interesting work being done there. Pay is good as well! The only issues is that it can get boring at times and there is more room for creativity.
Pros
pay, food, time off
Cons
boring, lack of creativity
Transport, intense & productive work place
Coordonnateur du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Anjou, FR9 March 2017
I learned to be more efficient & productive. It an ongoing job, thus I need to fix the priority and find the right solution for the issues. The customer pass always first, we need to keep that in mind. With all the calls received, all the emails & costumer roadcalls, we need to keep our focus in our shop too. To keep an eye on the technicians & the jobs to be done
Great Place to work -
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2017
If there is a opportunity to find a job and work for the company do not hesitate to apply and except a position to work for the company. Great benefits.
Pros
Good coleagues. Good managment, room for advancment
Cons
My department being outsourced to another country
I enjoyed this job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON22 November 2016
I got a lot of work experience with limited supervision. I am a very safe lift truck operator and peoples safety is my main concern
Pros
clean, frendly work place
Cons
low pay
Une bonne ombiance de travail
Ingénieur protection cathodique (Former Employee) –  Orgnisation OURHOUD24 September 2016
c'est ici où j'i commencé ma carrière en tant qu'ingénieur, j'ai découvris pleines de bonnes choses.bonne ambiances de travail
Pros
Fonction publique
Cons
Salaire faible
had a great team
senior network technician in the engineering dept. (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2016
had a great team and salary/recognition was not good. Some of the work culture of other departments were just not what I was used to with Nortel. But did meet great people.
Pros
work from home and great team members
Cons
salary and hrs worked
Okay place to get started
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 September 2016
My only raise in the last 5 years was because of a management reorg and my 'manager' had nothing to do with the contract I was working on.

At the least my direct managers and leads were good folk the overall culture is about getting new clients which is good if you are a sales guy but a whole lot of so what if you are the sysadmin actually keeping things running and working.

Anyway no raises and the feeling like they want to sell a big hunk of the contracted service part the company do not contribute to a great overall rating.
Cons
no raises
Challenging place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Canada9 September 2016
Like every large organizations - things take time to move forward. There is a lot of history and processes at play. CSC is transforming itself and shedding a lot of people along the way. Ultimately, it will transform itself but may take time.
Pros
vast opportunities in many disciplines
Cons
easy to get lost in the matrix
Wonderful experience
Security and Screening Guard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
I really enjoyed working the Pan am games. Great experience. The food they provided was terrible at best, but they did provide food. The weather was hot and they didnt provide water everyday,
Pros
great working experience
Cons
terrible lunches
Conducive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2016
Managers, supervisors are very accommodating and approachable. They will give you extensive training before employment. They have healthy and professional working environment. Employees are very cooperative and supportive. They work as a team.
Pros
Efficient and employees are competitive
Cons
Many employees are under agency
Good Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON23 May 2016
Slightly unorganized scheduling breaks, great time working with fellow officers during the Pan Am games, rotated positions keeping guards alert, spend long time on your feet, but nothing too hard
CSC changing for the best??
Service Executive- (Current Employee) –  ...26 April 2016
CSC has been going through change for the last 3 years and have let go some really good people. Alot of focus has been put on targets and numbers and skills that they require rather than focusing on their employees. M=
Pros
People
Cons
Salary, overworked, constant change
forensic nursing a very rewarding carrer
Ambulatory Service Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, NB18 April 2016
very challenging and unpredictable environment, very great team work, and support, opportunity exist for continued learning and are appreciated for your expertise.
funand enganging environment with opportunity for growth
Security Guard/ Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
- the salary was reasonable
- the employees were all friendly
- the environment was relaxed
- the hardest part of the job was being scheduled overnight
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
inflexible hours
productive workplace and great co-wokers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
It was a very good learning experience for me in the security industry. I got to understand what skills and abilities it requires to be a good and active security guard.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Contract hours
Productive and ever changing work days
Property Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON10 April 2016
Interactions daily with the clients we served and oversee contracts and contractors to fulfill the mandates set out by Public Works.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2016
Going to different events and doing security checks to make sure they are safe and no illicit drugs or alcohol is being brought in.
Fun working environment
Commercial Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Canada21 March 2016
We would check the eligibility of the company for commercial insurance and if it was eligible, we would provide them with a quote. The hardest part of the job was to decline a company for insurance and at the same time, the best part was able to give them a peace of mind with an insurance policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSC. Our community is ready to answer.