CSC

1.7K reviews

CSC Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs I have had
Customer Service Agent/Trusted Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
On a typical day I would:
Document verification and collection for visa processing
Processing and verification of Biometrics data
Handling customer/applicant queries personally or via e-mail, telephone
Procession of value added services
Ensuring all administration and logistics of passport delivery to consulate and applicant
Maintain and record all application data
Responsible for opening and closing Visa application center
I learned that I have great people skills and the is nothing that I cannot do.
Management and co-workers has been a great source of encouragement in difficult situation.
The hardest part of my job is trying to assist older clients with language problems.
Monthly error free reports
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours with out breaks
Great team environment that provides outstanding results.
Customer Service Technical Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MontrealJune 19, 2012
I currently work at the call center for CSC. I am one of the supervisors on the Zurich account. It's a great environment to work in even though it's a really busy account. The team work on this account is exceptional. Everyone is very professional and friendly. The hardest part of the job is to ensure my team meets all the service levels and KPI's. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping my agents motivated and comfortable so we can get the best results from them.

Working here, I have learned to work in a fast paced enviroment. I have learned how to handle escalations by directly being approached from the client. I have learned the importance of having great time management skills.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
nonw
A company with an opportunity to be great.
Major Incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Adèle, QCNovember 4, 2013
I have worked for CSC for 11 years and due to Reduction In Force, was notified of the termination of my position. I have many great experiences with CSC that have allowed learning and growth as an individual working for a large company. I am looking forward to a new challenge and thank CSC and my colleagues.
Pros
large company with many great clients, still lots of exceptional coworkers, potential is huge if it can be realized
Cons
under new management, experiments with a new model will take some time to settle down and get right, value of 'old timers' not appreciated, great culture is lost
Service Desk Multi-lingual skill developer
Service Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  1360 Boul Rene Levesque Ouest, Montreal, QuebecFebruary 11, 2013
CSC is an International company that has many clients in the world, working with them has been a very good experience and has allowed me to learn many things in regards the IT Field and also let me to develop my communicative skills in different languages being able to switch between the languages I speak (English, French, Spanish and Portuguese) very quickly and adapt to any situation and being able to help customer quickly and in their language.
Pros
flexible management and dental and medical (international) benefits given
Cons
schedules (sometimes unusual but doable)
full-time - multiple cases during one work day
Aboriginal Elder/Spiritual Guide/Case Planner (Former Employee) –  St.-Anne-des-Plaines, QCNovember 7, 2015
I was the only First Nations employee working in position, with co-workers who were self-identified Aboriginal Employee's, making it difficult to develop a strong team effort, because I felt I was teaching them, and I wasn't getting paid to teach.

I enjoyed my job as case planner with the men in regional reception and SHU.
Pros
easy to perform duties, with case planning and networking
Cons
unable to focus on my duties carried out, because all the staff were self-identified Aboriginal Peoples with lack of culture or knowledge
Responsible for working on my own, organizing work place to fit needs.
Customer Relations, Shipper/Receiver, Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Winnnipeg, MbSeptember 6, 2012
Mentalling challinging, fun, plan to stay ahead of demand and satisfying.
Inventory, ordering procedures, cycle demands, multible machine operations and great reviewed customer service.
Very fair and trusted your work values and service attitude.
Part of a team, worked together for commmon goals.
Delayed deliveries or pickups.
Meeting new customers who appreciated your help.
Pros
appreciative management and customers.
Cons
workers not showing up on time or not at all.
Volatile times, though fundamentals are ok
Local Lead, GDN Workplace Field Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
Having transitioned to CSC, I was concerned that our team would continue to shrink as offshore employees got more experience. What I found, however, was that my customer relationships and agility in the workplace were appreciated enough that my security at CSC was ok. Loss of contracts, however, threaten to end my time there.
Pros
Had some autonomy
Cons
Have had many dfferent managers, often with competing priorities
Good benefits, however things got worse...
Knowlege Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 1, 2015
CSC was at great place to work at early on, the benefits were amazing and the people pretty nice.

However a while ago things started to turn and too many people were let go, the company is definitely shrinking pretty fast, as services are moved over seas and deteriorate clients are leaving at a rapid pace...
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Company is obviously on the down turn, moving tons of ressources overseas
Productive and stressful
Tech Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 14, 2013
Loggin to the phone and take technical support calls
learnt a lot from Management to applications and support
The management staff were friendly and professional so also my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was not getting an understanding client and the enjoyable part is the relationship I had with co-workers on and off the job.
Pros
acquired knowledge
Cons
stressful situations
CSC
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 2, 2013
everyday was a new challenge with the different kind of calls you would take. eventually became very repetitious and was the same thing everyday as we were not really able to troubleshoot any issues and instead routed everything to our L2 support. Management can be very disorganized at times. They can be very helpful when stuck on an issue. Coworkers were always great. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
Call centre life
CSA (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 16, 2015
Tenure there was acceptable.
Team spirit was fostered and really made going to work more pleasing as you bond grew with your co-workers.
As time passed and Govt. incentives disappeared, the work atmosphere waned, as the move was on to cheaper salary environments; wage raises followed in the same manner.
Pros
Co-workers, surroundings, benefits
Cons
Productive & fun workplace where you can work different venues & events
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Torrance, ONMay 5, 2013
At an event you have to look professional & make sure your clothes aren't wrinkled. Make sure we know what area & supervisor to report to that day. I've learned the nicer you are to people the harder it is for them to be mean. Standing for long periods of time is the most difficult part of my job.
This was a Prison - difficult to review
Retired Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Campbellford, ONNovember 10, 2013
Shift work days, nights and midnights.

Learned a lot about good communication skills.

This place of work or job had several pro's and con's.

It is nice to move on and perhaps enjoy a new adventure and career.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, early retirement.
Cons
can be a very stressful and difficult enviorment.
Compasionate and Caring
Team Leader/Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2012
This company care about their resources! Flex time, working from home when the situation warrented it. I loved working here.
Pros
really had your back from dealing with personal emergency to mentoring your professional goals
Cons
the site i was at limited services & did not offer bench when the account came to an end.
Securty is fun
Security Guard/ Venue Screener (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 14, 2015
People often believe that working fast food is bad, but it really teaches you the power of teamwork and the effectiveness of time management. You meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences, which in turn, will aid you greatly in the future.
Pros
Free lunches and co-workers.
Cons
It's really hard work when it gets busy.
Decent company but a lot of uncertainty
Director (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 4, 2015
Good IT technology company to work for but very unstable with regards to job security and job advancement. The best part of the company are the people who are very dedicated and passionate with what they do.
Pros
good it skills attainment
Cons
job uncertainty
Overall a very good company
Global Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2013
Overall a very good company.
Great benefits and overall environment.
Company has some great people working there.

My overall experience was great, worked 10 years and had some great laughs with all and work on occasion was challenging.
Fun
Security Guard/Screener (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONOctober 13, 2015
Busy and fun work environment. The management was good and supportive of there employees. Taught us a lot about communicating with the public in terms of problems, and how to solve them. Enjoyed working for Pan Am, and to be apart of a big Toronto event.
bonne esprit de travail , bonne compagnie
Charpentier menuisier(compagnon) (Former Employee) –  travaux a ville de chicoutimiSeptember 28, 2015
travaux a executer...construction neuve de condominium ainsi que plusieur travaux dans les boutiques de place du royaume de chicoutimi bonne esprit d equipe et de belle journes de travail
Good company with a lot of opportunities
Senior Software Configuration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2015
Very good people and very good working environment! Gave me great experience and chances! Excellent experience with different projects and teams in Canada and US!