CSC Employee Reviews

Okay place to get started
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 September 2016
My only raise in the last 5 years was because of a management reorg and my 'manager' had nothing to do with the contract I was working on.

At the least my direct managers and leads were good folk the overall culture is about getting new clients which is good if you are a sales guy but a whole lot of so what if you are the sysadmin actually keeping things running and working.

Anyway no raises and the feeling like they want to sell a big hunk of the contracted service part the company do not contribute to a great overall rating.
Cons
no raises
Conducive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2016
Managers, supervisors are very accommodating and approachable. They will give you extensive training before employment. They have healthy and professional working environment. Employees are very cooperative and supportive. They work as a team.
Pros
Efficient and employees are competitive
Cons
Many employees are under agency
Challenging place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Canada9 September 2016
Like every large organizations - things take time to move forward. There is a lot of history and processes at play. CSC is transforming itself and shedding a lot of people along the way. Ultimately, it will transform itself but may take time.
Pros
vast opportunities in many disciplines
Cons
easy to get lost in the matrix
had a great team
senior network technician in the engineering dept. (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2016
had a great team and salary/recognition was not good. Some of the work culture of other departments were just not what I was used to with Nortel. But did meet great people.
Pros
work from home and great team members
Cons
salary and hrs worked
Wonderful experience
Security and Screening Guard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2016
I really enjoyed working the Pan am games. Great experience. The food they provided was terrible at best, but they did provide food. The weather was hot and they didnt provide water everyday,
Pros
great working experience
Cons
terrible lunches
CSC changing for the best??
Service Executive- (Current Employee) –  ...26 April 2016
CSC has been going through change for the last 3 years and have let go some really good people. Alot of focus has been put on targets and numbers and skills that they require rather than focusing on their employees. M=
Pros
People
Cons
Salary, overworked, constant change
Fun working environment
Commercial Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Canada21 March 2016
We would check the eligibility of the company for commercial insurance and if it was eligible, we would provide them with a quote. The hardest part of the job was to decline a company for insurance and at the same time, the best part was able to give them a peace of mind with an insurance policy.
Good Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON23 May 2016
Slightly unorganized scheduling breaks, great time working with fellow officers during the Pan Am games, rotated positions keeping guards alert, spend long time on your feet, but nothing too hard
funand enganging environment with opportunity for growth
Security Guard/ Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
- the salary was reasonable
- the employees were all friendly
- the environment was relaxed
- the hardest part of the job was being scheduled overnight
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
inflexible hours
productive workplace and great co-wokers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
It was a very good learning experience for me in the security industry. I got to understand what skills and abilities it requires to be a good and active security guard.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Contract hours
forensic nursing a very rewarding carrer
Ambulatory Service Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, NB18 April 2016
very challenging and unpredictable environment, very great team work, and support, opportunity exist for continued learning and are appreciated for your expertise.
Productive and ever changing work days
Property Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON10 April 2016
Interactions daily with the clients we served and oversee contracts and contractors to fulfill the mandates set out by Public Works.
Volatile times, though fundamentals are ok
Local Lead, GDN Workplace Field Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2015
Having transitioned to CSC, I was concerned that our team would continue to shrink as offshore employees got more experience. What I found, however, was that my customer relationships and agility in the workplace were appreciated enough that my security at CSC was ok. Loss of contracts, however, threaten to end my time there.
Pros
Had some autonomy
Cons
Have had many dfferent managers, often with competing priorities
Csc
Security CSC Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guard17 February 2016
it was a fun place, got to meet new people and the age group there was around my age, so i got along with the other guards no problems, we also got free lunches and dinner depending on the amount of years that your working.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no cons
Good benefits, however things got worse...
Knowlege Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2015
CSC was at great place to work at early on, the benefits were amazing and the people pretty nice.

However a while ago things started to turn and too many people were let go, the company is definitely shrinking pretty fast, as services are moved over seas and deteriorate clients are leaving at a rapid pace...
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Company is obviously on the down turn, moving tons of ressources overseas
Well organized and very punctual
Kitchen server & cleaner (Former Employee) –  Agassiz, BC12 February 2016
Prepare meals and serve customers. Collect all meal trays and utensils, clean & disinfect.. Assured a positive & clean, and friendly environment. Learned great teamwork and great organizational skills.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2016
Going to different events and doing security checks to make sure they are safe and no illicit drugs or alcohol is being brought in.
full-time - multiple cases during one work day
Aboriginal Elder/Spiritual Guide/Case Planner (Former Employee) –  St.-Anne-des-Plaines, QC7 November 2015
I was the only First Nations employee working in position, with co-workers who were self-identified Aboriginal Employee's, making it difficult to develop a strong team effort, because I felt I was teaching them, and I wasn't getting paid to teach.

I enjoyed my job as case planner with the men in regional reception and SHU.
Pros
easy to perform duties, with case planning and networking
Cons
unable to focus on my duties carried out, because all the staff were self-identified Aboriginal Peoples with lack of culture or knowledge
fun workplace
Computer Specialist Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2016
working in the technical support was a very good start in my career, to learn more in how to handle angry customers and provide them with best service in the minimum time.
Securty is fun
Security Guard/ Venue Screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 September 2015
People often believe that working fast food is bad, but it really teaches you the power of teamwork and the effectiveness of time management. You meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences, which in turn, will aid you greatly in the future.
Pros
Free lunches and co-workers.
Cons
It's really hard work when it gets busy.