Our firm has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-organized individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial statements
- Preparing working paper files at the Notice to Reader and Review Engagement levels
- Preparing corporate and personal tax returns
- Implementing various tax planning strategies
- Applying analytical accounting and tax knowledge to identify issues, suggest alternatives, and implement plans
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Completion of an accounting diploma or certificate and/or previous experience at a professional accounting firm
- Understanding of Canada Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and Canadian tax laws and regulations
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience with Caseware, Profile, Excel and Word
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capability of applying strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment
- Excellent client service skills
Our firm is one of the leaders in the industry in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package as well as continuous opportunity for growth within the firm. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience. If you are looking for a professional and highly experienced team of individuals to grow and learn with, this opportunity is for you.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.