We are a live events based company in Brampton, ON.
Seeking a full-time bookkeeper/cashier able to work 3 weekdays in office and all weekends at live events. Basic accounting skills, the ability to work with and manage the procedures required, advanced skills in Excel, computers and knowledge of accounting software is essential as well as the following:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Effective investigation and problem solving skills.
- Numeracy, and an understanding of finance and accounting concepts.
- Proactive and can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with accounting software (Simply Accounting) and office productivity tools.
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables.
- Keen eye for detail, and the ability to spot potentially fraudulent or dishonest activities.
- Professional, well-organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to share information and keep others up-to-date.
- Very organized and systematic by nature.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
This position includes physical setup/takedown of equipment and interacting with guests. An excellent command of written & spoken English is required. The individual is required to work all weekends & statutory holidays, travelling within Canada. At the live events the individual will be responsible for conducting high end transactions for our customers in accordance with policy and procedure.
- College Diploma/Certificate in Accounting/Bookkeeping, or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in the accounting field
Indeed - 4 months ago
We are an events based company in the GTA area.