Do you have a passion for leading and developing a team of trades-people? Do you want to work in a high paced and dynamic environment and join a team committed to bringing our products to consumers across North America? Then you may be the person we are looking for!
Our Client is a manufacturer and marketer of a new generation of meat alternative food products, is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Maintenance Manager to join their growing team.
Their beautiful new facility is located in the Vancouver area and offers competitive wages (with benefits), a modern and secure work environment and the opportunity for personal growth and success based on individual and team performance.
This position will appeal to an individual who has a minimum of 5 years of experience supervising a Maintenance department and wants to be a part of something very new and exciting in the food manufacturing business.
- Manage a team of Millwrights / Electricians/Technicians to carry out day to day maintenance work and provide direction to undertake preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is conducted with Safety, Food Safety, and Product Quality as fundamental requirements.
- Ensuring the building, machinery and services (electricity, steam, refrigeration etc.) conform and are maintained to legislative requirements.
- Works in close partnership with Operations team and implements modifications required to fine tune production process.
- Analyzes machinery down time/ utilization and implements solutions to ensure that equipment operate at the rated efficiencies.
- Establishes and maintains operational metrics statistics/reports for the department.
- Oversee the monthly expenditure so as to ensure maximum return for the allocated budget.
- Work in close partnership with OHS Coordinator to ensure that all maintenance staff are trained and practicing all necessary safety requirements. Also to ensure timely completion of all safety related work-orders.
- Acts as a primary point of contact and key resource person to meet with equipment suppliers in bringing latest improvements to the company.
- Develop and improve policies and procedures relative to the servicing and maintenance of all production equipment and facilities in the most cost effective manner.
- Investigate and solve production problems that appear to involve inadequacies of equipment and / or operating techniques. In addition, review manufacturing processes and recommend where process improvements can be made to operational efficiencies.
- Oversee the efficient and cost-effective inventory of parts and equipment for the Maintenance services.
- Provide visible leadership to maintenance personnel with respect to the induction of new employees; the promotion and maintenance of a corporate standard of safe equipment, safe work habits and housekeeping in areas under his/her control; The development of his subordinates by planning and providing training opportunities for improving efficiencies and adequate succession planning.
- Work closely with production to establish the condition in which equipment must be maintained in order to avoid costly damage and operational losses. Maintain equipment in such a condition that is adequate to achieve designed capacity.
- Recommend modification or replacements to equipment to provide increased running time by reduced maintenance downtime and / or costs.
- Responsible for preparation of the Maintenance budgets, and ensure that budgets are met.
- Obtain quotes on equipment or facilities, and either submit for approval, or approve within designated limits.
- Arrange for emergency outside repair and related services, with prior approval, and be responsible for inspection and approval of the resulting work or services.
- Provide required technical assistance for the training of operating areas when new equipment is being brought on-line.
- Participate in general studies pertaining to plant expansions, new product lines, and diversification.
- Work cooperatively with leadership to develop capital plan, capital projects and preparation of capital requests.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years in a Maintenance Manager / Supervisor position
- 5+ years experience in fast pace food processing environment
- Demonstrated success supervising people in manufacturing and/or food processing operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide quality customer service
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Strong planning, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects with tight deadlines
Indeed - 12 months ago