Barilla Canada has asked CPG Executive Search to find them their next star to own their trade marketing department in Canada. The job is located in a satellite office in Markham Ontario (small office of 8) and will provide internal data analysis, management and accounting of key components of the business. This position reports directly to the country manager in Canada.
- Provide key analytical support to forecasting all finished good items with the Business Teams using historical trends, secondary data and field information to understand changing market dynamics.
- Develop/maintain sales forecast and trade budgeting templates (by broker and retail accounts) as per demands of the business.
- Develop and transmit quarterly budgets for volume, gross sales, commissions, listing fees, trade spending, returns discounts.
- Calculate impacts of various pricing and listing scenarios to budget/P&L.
- Act as point person for forecast performance reporting – monthly scorecard, accuracy report, promotion summary for customer service.
- Participate in weekly Sales and Supply Chain meetings discussing demand planning / Manugistics and act as key lead for local issues relating to forecasting.
- Create daily sales reports and provide analytical support identifying opportunities and/or issues versus budget.
- Act as Adesso (trade management system) lead for entering funds, accruals, quotas and planning.
- Train new brokers on business tools used in their relationship with Barilla (e.g. sales reporting, trade spend management, account setup processes, GS1, Kwikee).
- Maintain master data for SKU specifications, pricing and their dissemination for internal/broker/customer requests and budgeting/forecast purposes.
- Process commission payments for all brokers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly accruals for trade spend, listings, commissions, marketing and research for Pasta and Wasa businesses.
- Assist in coordinating all market launch and product information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 year university degree required, MBA a plus
- 2-4 years’ Sales support and analysis, preferably in the Canadian food industry
- 2-4 years’ experience in Adesso, SAP/BI, Manugistics or similar software
- 2-4 years’ experience in analysing data
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office software
- Experience in ECCnet ProSync sku data maintenance
- Experience in Walmart Retaillink as site administrator
- Familiarity with the accounting process
- Strong presentation, communication and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience developing and generating reports
- Fluency in French a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically as well as potentially internationally
Indeed - 17 months ago