Our client is looking for a recent grad or a sales professional with 1-2 years of experience. This individual should have an understanding of agriculture from his/her degree or work experience. In this role you will build relationships with customers, negotiate contracts and will always be learning about the ins and outs of agriculture.
- Negotiating price, spot vs. contract sales, maximizing netbacks, distribution of weekly price lists, tracking claims, communicating trends for improvement opportunities, prospecting, building relationships.
- Short and long-term strategies using supply and demand forecasts.
- Understand alternate feedstuffs, competitors and the marketplace.
- Comply with the corporate code of ethics and policies.
- Improve on the company’s competitive position.
- Collaboration with Manufacturing Teams, Peers, Management and Stakeholders within other departments is a key success factor and vital to cohesive teamwork and execution of tasks.
- Build relationships with customers, stakeholders and influencers with the marketplace
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness or equivalent.
- Agricultural background a plus.
- Organizational skills and motivation are required.
- Effective communication skills verbally and written.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Software Programs, (i.e., Excel, Access, Word).
- SAP experience, a plus.
- Bilingual in French, a plus.
- Willingness to travel between plants and customers.
Indeed - 11 months ago