Portfolio Banking Architect
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Design and lead the implementation of an Enterprise Solution Architecture based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring Enterprise Solution Architecture compliance.
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the portfolio applications from current to future state
- Document all solution architecture analysis and development work.
- Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to align systems or infrastructure to the defined architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures, or culture) and financial impact of the Enterprise Solution Architecture.
- Work closely with the enterprise program management office (PMO) or project office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Ensure proper visibility and traceability technical decisions.
- Work with Portfolio Directors on a regular basis to discuss the management of the portfolio landscape, standards, and roadmap
- Meet with VP’s and Directors of business units as appropriate to ensure appropriate visibility and management of technical decisions
- Work closely with IT Engineering and vendor implementation teams to provide technical direction and oversight throughout the lifecycle of project delivery
Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience in at least two architecture disciplines including technical architecture, application architecture, integration architecture, and information architecture.
- Deep experience with multiple architectural patterns.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and client/server systems.
- Experience implementing solutions using various integration SOA middleware technology products.
- Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate the political waters.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of the situation.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
Indeed - 9 months ago