Who are we?
Copperleaf is a growing software company with some serious blue ribbon DNA. Guided by a leadership team and board that’s chock full of successful technology veterans and powered by employees who create technology that’s part of the solution for the future, we’re on a mission to empower our clients to make optimized and defensible decisions efficiently, intuitively and transparently.
How would you spend $1 billion?
Large utility energy providers have to deal with that question every day. Our products help asset-intensive organizations around the world re-think their traditional approach to capital planning, life-cycle asset planning and budgeting. Simply put, how do you figure out when to replace a bridge, overhaul a power transformer, or upgrade a dam? How much will it cost and how will you pay for it? What should you invest in first? Not easy questions, but our systems help figure it out and help our clients be successful.
We are looking for a proactive Technical Support Engineer, who enjoys the challenges of handling user support, database management, and infrastructure management. You are skilled at self-management and juggling multiple priorities. Being busy, interacting with people, solving technical challenges, interested in continuous learning, and having a keen desire to “fix things” best describes you in your element.
We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions. Your contribution to the team will include: supporting our development team (production, test & sandbox environments); supporting our corporate team (IT hardware & software support), and supporting our customers (product upgrades).
- Working collaboratively with our internal teams and customers, you will handle most of the support issues yourself – and will know when to escalate and ask for help
- User support (helpdesk functions) – this is quite varied and will include a variety of challenges as people run into problems that they need help with – both hardware and software
- Database management – we manage a large number databases representing use cases for all of our customers for internal testing. These need to be maintained and managed together with instances of our software. Tasks will include getting, upgrading and validating databases (Oracle)
- Environment management – we have a large number (about 40) different instances of our own software running in-house for testing, demos, etc. You will have primary responsibility for managing those instances (creating new ones, updating current ones, retiring old ones, etc.)
- Customer upgrades – for some of customers we connect remotely to update their systems. You will become the primary resource for upgrades.
Let us know if you’re a fit for this challenging opportunity. Does this describe you?
- Smart, a quick learner, flexible, works well with people and self-managed.
- Comfortable handling multiple priorities; managing a diverse set of tasks with different stakeholders; and aware of the importance of keeping all stakeholders informed about status as things move along.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent inter-personal skills including: teamwork, respect, courtesy, and discretion.
- BCIT or similar diploma (BCIT Business Information Technology Management or Applied Computer Information Systems) combined with 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
What Our Employees Are Saying
Check out our website to learn more about our people and company – thanks for stopping by.