Comtech Communication Technologies Ltd. Is an integrated communications company, providing state-of-the-art network solutions. Comtech provides research and development, design, implementation, construction and maintenance services, ensuring exceptional quality, high – performance networks.
Comtech is currently seeking a motivated and goal orientated 'Financial Controller' to add to the team. As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensuring company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Comtech Communication Technologies Ltd. offers an industry leading compensation range, with a competitive benefits package. Relocation assistance would be provided to the right individual. This position will be based in Weyburn, Saskatchewan or Calgary, Alberta. This role will be offered to an individual who is career oriented & seeks long term growth within this successful, family oriented company.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in accounting or finance.
2. Professional Accounting Designation:
CGA – Certified General Accountant
CMA – Certified Management Accountant