Available Positions current and upcoming contracts.
Require Current Ontario Security Guard Licence. For those who do not hold a licence, please see training information below.
For those who wish to obtain information on Security Guard Training and cost, see www.thecommissionaires.com or call 613-384-7895 ext 106 or 102.
As Canada’s largest security organization, Commissionaires provides complete security solutions that integrate highly trained personnel and technology. Our continued growth requires some additional expertise to complement our team.
Title: Security Guard
Location: Brockville, Smiths Falls/Perth Region, Kingston and Cornwall
Date Posted: 26 October 2012
Closing Date: 30 Jan 2013
Commissionaires Security Solutions Kingston is the largest security provider in Eastern Ontario excluding Ottawa, with established clients such as Educational Institutions, Commercial Industry, Municipalities, Provincial Government and Government of Canada. Our Regional Office is located in Kingston with District Managers and offices in Peterborough, Cobourg, Belleville, Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent Customer/Client Communications Skills;
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain a Federal Secret Security clearance (min 10 years
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School Diploma, Good Physical Health;
- Hold a current and Valid Ontario Drivers Licence;
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and
- Fluent English language skills – speaking and writing;
- Priority will be given to candidates who hold a current Ontario Provincial Security Licence;
- Be a permanent resident of Canada.
Benefits include; Vacation Days, Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Shared Group RRSP, Bereavement Leave, Jury Selection/Duty Compensation, Uniform Purchase Allowance, Honours and Awards Recognition Program and Supervisor Professional Development Courses.
Application Procedure - Please forward your resume to:
District Manager: Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Kingston & Region Division, Brockville District Office, 779 Chelsea Court, Unit A-1, Brockville, ON K6V 7E6
District Manager: Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Kingston & Region Division, Kingston District Office, 737 Arlington Park Place, Kingston, ON K7M 8M8
District Manager: Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Kingston & Region Division, Cornwall District Office, 14 Third Street East, Cornwall, ON K6H 2C7
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Historically, many of the men and women employed by Commissionaires have served/serving in the Canadian Forces (Regular, Primary Reserves, Canadian Rangers and CIC) or former RCMP. We continue to encourage former Law Enforcement Officer’s from all three levels of government and citizens of good character to apply.
- All applicants must be: at least 18 years of age, reliable, computer literate, hold a current Ontario Driver’s Licence, Ontario Security Guard Licence and available for shift work. Clear criminal record and able to obtain a Federal Security Clearance (min 10 years verifiable history), CPIC/VSS.