Position Title: Bilingual Youth Worker
Education & Experience: (Minimum)
- Community College diploma relating to Child and Youth Worker CYW or Community and Justice Services
Purpose of Position:
- To provide counseling, care, supervision and or custody of youth in a community based Youth Justice Residence or Treatment Residence or Transitional Casework.
Skills and Knowledge Required: (Minimum Skills Required)
- Bilingual (french and english)
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Seek management guidance on policy implementation.
- Ability to engage with youth in a caring and productive relationship.
- Ability to function independently and within the framework of the team.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism from team members.
- Competence in recommending and implementing decisions and plans based on policy.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation (CFSA & YCJA), agency personnel policies and all operational procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adolescent behaviour and development related to youth.
- Ability to exercise appropriate authority, common sense.
- Ability to write clear, concise accurate reports and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to access appropriate community resources and initiate new programs.
- Ability to control self and the youth by proactive means.
- Ability to drive.
- Up to date training in UMAB, First Aid.
- Ability to use technology, computer, databases, internet, SharePoint.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach Life and Social Skills
- Provide guidance and Counseling (individual and group)
- Implement programs (e.g. recreation, life skills)
- Ensure the safety of youth and all others when working.
- Ensure all specific responsibilities of job position are completed.
- Ensure that all scheduled appointments have been communicated and/or fulfilled
- Complete intake and discharge planning.
- Liaise between: family, community, police, ministry, schools, probation and other agencies.
- Complete internal and external reports.
- Complete all administrative duties.
- Maintain ongoing and detailed communications with your supervisor at all times.
Veuillez s.v.p. soumettre votre CV ainsi que votre lettre de présentation à: demande @ cofrd.org
Please send your resume and your cover letter to: demande @ cofrd.org