The Human resources manager plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations of human resources and personnel departments, and develops and implements policies, programs and procedures regarding human resource planning, recruitment, collective bargaining, training and development, occupation classification and pay and benefit administration. He/She represents management and participate actively on various joint committees to maintain ongoing relations between management and employees.
The Human resources manager performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources or personnel departments
- Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers
- Co-ordinate internal and external training and recruitment activities
- Develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures and negotiate collective agreements
- Administer employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation and participate actively on various joint committees
- Direct the organization's quality management program
- Ensure compliance with legislation such as the Pay Equity Act.
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to personnel management, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
Completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is required.
- At least 3 years of experience as a personnel officer or human resource specialist are required.
Please submit your resume by email to demande @ cofrd.org
Indeed - 21 months ago