CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. Beyond whom we are as a company, CNA stands for its focus on customers, values and financial strength. In Canada, CNA offers commercial insurance products and services, including property and casualty and specialty insurance products, notably marine, where we are the country´s largest writer of "wet" marine risks, and surety. With headquarters in Toronto, we also have four regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Montreal.
For more information, visit our web site at www.cnacanada.ca.
Reporting to the VP Branch Manager, the Senior Underwriter will be responsible for the following:
- Production of new business and maintenance of a large renewal book of business. Includes risk analysis, pricing, negotiating, setting terms, and referrals to management as necessary. Submitting, negotiating and binding reinsurance when required in writing.
- Review claim reports and provides underwriting action if required.
- Monitor the book to identify trends, areas of opportunity and/or areas for improvement
- Service existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention.
- Develop and manage relationships with assigned group of brokers. Complete broker visits and develops plans as per goals set each year.
- Perform Underwriting audits, as required.
- Ensure Underwriting Assistant/Associate Underwriter meets service standards for document handling and workflow is appropriate and timely for business unit.
- Coaching and mentoring of less experienced underwriting staff.
- University degree, combined with CIP designation (or progress towards completion), with 7-10 years of commercial property and casualty or marine underwriting experience;
- Strong marketing skills to enable profitable growth of a book of business.
- Must have familiarity with the brokers in the community and expertise and knowledge of distribution and the competitive market environment.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, making sound underwriting decisions with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated coaching skills.
- Must be fluent in French and English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Commercial and Auto experience/knowledge is considered an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has...