CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. Beyond whom we are as a company, CNA stands for its focus on customers, values and financial strength. In Canada, CNA offers commercial insurance products and services, including property and casualty and specialty insurance products, notably marine, where we are the country’s largest writer of "wet" marine risks, and surety. With headquarters in Toronto, we also have four regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Montreal. For more information, visit our web site at www.cnacanada.ca.
Reporting to the AVP, Operations, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to act as a general support person for claims and branch administrative activities.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Low-Touch small $ Claims handling using checklists in place to verify all information exists to set up and pay out the Claim with limited Adjuster intervention.
- Adjust small dollar (< $1,500) Worldwide Express courier related claims (UPS/DHL) independent with limited supervision.
- Enter new claims in Senator, enter payment and reserve transactions in Senator, and set-up e-file file for claims being handled, and preparing and issuing Acknowledgement letters or emails to Claimants. Includes utilizing and updating the internal Claims Management System (CMS).
- Daily Claims Cheque issuance including obtaining signatures, photocopying cheques, filing cheque copy and back-up in claim file or in CMS system, and mailing cheque and appropriate back-up to Claimant.
- Deductible processing, invoicing, & collections with strict timeframe follow-up and resolution.
- Subrogation and Salvage processing, data entry, and working with outside Subrogation vendors.
- Filing requirements for both Standard Lines and Marine Claims Departments following strict Records Management protocol.
- E-File (Mail Matching) upload and tagging to E-File Claim number (Daily). Including scanning of hardcopy correspondence and upload to E-file.
- Covering reception for breaks as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- An interest to pursue a career in the Claims field.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and have an ability to resolve problems with customers.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment meeting specific deadlines, while demonstrating good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work both independently within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Flexibility with working hours will be required; predominantly 8:30am – 4:30pm and flexible working shift 11am – 7pm (3 to 4 month’s per year) on a rotational schedule with other members in the department.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years customer service experience in an office environment.
- A University/College diploma in Business Administration or a related field.
- CIP or working towards completion of same is a definite asset, but not required.
- Previous Claims support services experience or underwriting knowledge is an asset, but not required.
Job: Customer Service Claims
Primary Location: Toronto
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has...