CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. Beyond whom we are as a company, CNA stands for its focus on customers, values and financial strength. In Canada, CNA offers commercial insurance products and services, including property and casualty and specialty insurance products, notably marine, where we are the country’s largest writer of "wet" marine risks, and surety. With headquarters in Toronto, we also have four regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Montreal. For more information, visit our web site at www.cnacanada.ca.
Supervisory position: No
Reporting to the Claims Manager Western Region, the Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the efficient management of property, casualty, and auto claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets policy coverage and determines if coverage applies to claims submitted, escalating issues as needed.
- Sets reserves and authorizes payment within scope of authority, effectively settling claims in most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Coordinates and adjusts investigations of claims of a moderate to high complexity for property and/casualty claims through communication with insured’s and external vendors.
- Assignment of Independent adjusters/surveyors and attorneys in accordance with established guidelines.
- Contributes to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to direct loss cost and claim expense.
- Work closely with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners to share knowledge and developments on claims.
- Ensure proper reports are done in a timely manner and sent to the appropriate Head Office department.
- Makes recommendations on claims policy and processes to further enhance the claim department.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks and projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and US laws and regulations.
- Customer service focused.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and handle high volumes of work
- Comfortable working in a paperless and technologically based environment
Education & Experience
- University or College degree or equivalent business experience with a minimum of 5 years commercial property/casualty claims insurance experience specifically in liability, property and auto.
- CIP or working towards completion of same.
Job: Claims Adjuster
Primary Location: Vancouver
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
CNA is the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has...