CMS Mechanical is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill the role of Health and Safety Officer at our Timmins location.
- Performing regular field safety inspections and audits
- Report directly to H.S.E Manager
- Communicating safety standards to supervisor and workers to ensure compliance with Company H&S and OHSA requirements
- Ensuring all workers understand their roles with respect to health and safety
- Promote the awareness of hazard identification, elimination and control
- Provide health and safety support to all divisions as assigned
- Ensure all known incidents are reported to the H.S.E Manager in a timely fashion
- To assist in the implementation of H.S.E policies and procedures to enhance the H.S.E management systems.
- Participating on behalf of the employer where required in safety-related activities. These activities will not be limited to but will include activities such as safety meetings, table-top exercises, emergency responses and investigation/inspections
- Investigate incidents as assigned to determine root cause and determine appropriate mitigation to minimize incident recurrence
- Conducting site safety orientation for new hires as assigned
Education & Requirements:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience as a Safety Officer
- Good oral, written, presentation, communication and computer skills
- Ability to develop the appropriate safety documentation, including safety procedure, plan and job safety analysis in a concise and complete manner
- Strong technical safety expertise (risk management and safety management systems, loss control management, hazard identification, incident investigations, emergency preparedness and response)
- Willingness to travel, anticipated travel up to 50%
Please send resumes to the attention of: Jennifer Olaisola
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Tron Power Inc.
- 4 days ago