Please note that this position is an overnight 8:00PM to 8:00AM postition!
NUMBER OF POSITIONS:
Assistant Operations Manager
CMN Global Inc., a Europ Assistance Group company (www.europ-assistance.com), has been located in the Markham/Thornhill area for over 12 years, and serves international health insurance companies by managing medical treatment provided in the US and Canada.
CMN provides medical case management, claims processing and manages its own PPO network to discount US medical claims. Providing excellent service and communication to our clients is crucial to our customers' success.
Our environment is one of innovation, patient empathy, superior customer service, collaboration, and team work. We reward strong performance, offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional growth and career development. Our total compensation package also includes: a Group RRSP program, Wellness Programs and free parking.
Please visit us at www.cmn-global.com to see how we help patients, reduce health costs and maintain a strong employee culture.
CMN has an immediate need for an International Assistance Coordinator to work with our clients.
- Review new medical referrals including medical repatriations.
- Print and review the After Hours abeyance, individual abeyance and rounds abeyance at the beginning of each shift.
- Communicate with the in-office staff at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Answer all first calls/emails from patients, providers, clients, etc. and directly responds to requests or routes appropriately.
- Manage all communication with empathy recognizing that the situation may involve emergent or stressful medical circumstances.
- Transfer sick/late calls to applicable Case Management Supervisor.
- Pre-certifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage and verifies system eligibility data as applicable.
- Open case in system by completing all applicable fields and documents comprehensive “opening case note”.
- Request benefits from insurer or determines benefits by directly accessing insurer’s system and documents appropriately in system.
- Coordinate clinical demands with After Hours Nurse or NOC.
- Responsible for coordinating air ambulance procedures.
- Designate new cases to After Hours Abeyance for appropriate assignment.
- Monitor incoming faxes and distributes per departmental protocol.
- Monitor and manage email in client specific boxes and task assignment as noted on the AH schedule.
- Performs all work in a PIPEDA and HIPAA compliant manner.
- Ensures strict standards for claimant/client confidentiality and complies with organizational and governmental regulations/policies.
- Participates in the Ontario Apprenticeship Training Program (as required).
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a must!
- 2+ years of office or customer service experience preferably in a medical environment.
- Post secondary education or related equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of and experience with medical terminology, healthcare systems issues and requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making/analytical abilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment
- Excellent organizational capability
- Exemplary telephone customer service skills
- Experience in Medical Insurance industry.
- Experience in Travel industry or Major Medical industry.
- Experience with United States Medical system.
- Experience with non-North American medical system.
- Previous Case Management experience.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING
January 25, 2013