CMI has been operating and employing skill tradesmen such as machinists, welders, and millwrights in St. Catharines since 1922. We are a progressive custom manufacturing facility that understands the importance of having successful, satisfied, and happy employees with a balanced work/family life. We at CMI strive for excellence and product reliability which in turn provides our employees will job security for decades to come. We are looking for additional skilled tradesman to join our team/family to begin a long lasting satisfying career with us.
Setup, operate, and program CNC Lathe or Mill
· Read blueprints
· Develop required G & M code
· Read and interpret blue prints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions, surface finishes and tolerances of finished work pieces
· Inspects work in progress and upon completion for adherence to drawing specifications
· Verify dimensions of machined parts for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, height gauges, depth micrometer, thread gauges and other specialized instruments
· Machine custom parts and hold a 0.001” tolerance
· Work in a safe manner according to the Occupational Health and Safety
· Strive for continuous improvement.
· Other duties as required
· Minimum 4 years machining experience in a custom machine shop environment is an asset
· Or 2nd or 3rd year machinist apprentice
· Completion of machinist apprenticeship program or possess a general machinist certificate preferred
· Physical demands require the ability to handle weights up to 25 kg (55 pounds)
· Be familiar with technical requirements, machine set-up and maintenance
Salary & Benefits:
· Up to $30/hour depending on skill level and experience.
· Full comprehensive health & dental benefit plan
· Pension RRSP contribution matching
· Low employee turnover