Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, the Contracts Administrator will participate in all phases of the acquisition and procurement management cycle as well as the sales and customer management cycle. The Contracts Administrator will see to the overall administration of contracts and purchase orders with respect to all changes and amendments and ensure the controls systems are updated with latest commitment information. Stated generally, the Contracts Administrator will ensure that CMC and its contractors and suppliers perform within the obligations as set out in commitment documents. The incumbent will also be responsible for completing the procurement process for minor and miscellaneous requests for proposals, contracts and purchase orders in a specific facility area.
- Proposal preparation.
- draft contractual language for various agreement; ie buy- sell, supplier, license
- Participate in contract negotiations with customers and major suppliers.
- Maintain contracts and subcontracts throughout the life of the project.
- Monitor contractual performance and relationship.
- Support the Product/Program Manager in daily activities regarding all aspects of product shipments (product backlog).
- Complete needed MRP tractions in support of on time delivery requirements Experience with BAAN would also be an asset.
- Licensing experience would be an asset
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems relating to material shortages, capacity constraints, product definition and shipments to customers
- Resolve issues regarding late payments or invoice issues.
- Ensure that CMC company policies and procedures related to internal accounting, administration, financial processes, and applicable reporting are followed.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries.
- Government contracting experience would be an asset.
- Bachelor's Degree with specialized study of the Administration, law or Engineering.
- 5 or more years of related experience in contracts administration.
- Government contacting experience
- Excellent negotiation and client management skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all MS Office software.
You are highly motivated to make a positive difference. You are reliable, self managing and get things done right the first time. Your propensity to take ownership and responsibility is in balance with your ability to perform well in a team environment. Exceptional problem solving skills allow you to consider the details and complexities of issues, while still driving for results.
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages members of designated groups to apply for jobs.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -