Organization: Clinton Roof Truss
Location: 16 five avenue,
Name of Position: Truss Designer
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Salary: To be determined
Job Type: Full time
- Maintain a positive relationship with all staff & clients using good communication skills
- Being able to read and understand blue prints in order to produce floor and Roof Layouts using "Mitek Sapphire Structure" software and then transfer the information into "Mitek Engineering" software.
- Have an understanding of the building codes which will relate to either residential, commercial or farm projects
- Be able to take on a project from start to finish without assistance
- Being able to communicate with clients to ensure that the project is understood by all parties. Make sure if any errors are found in the design stage the client and contractor are kept in contact with to ensure minimal errors on all projects.
- Communicate as required with, Sales Reps, Building Officials and Customers to resolve any concerns
Qualifications & skills needed:
- CET Civil/Architectural Engineering diploma or degree
- Design experience
- Knowledge of Mitek Sapphire Structure and Mitek Engineering software is a must
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Estimate costs and materials
- Examine drawings for errors and compliance
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong mathematics skills
- Strong attention to detail
Clinton Roof Truss is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit and select applicants only on the basis of their qualifications by always selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Clinton Roof Truss doesn’t discriminate applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, visible minorities or any other status protected by the federal and provincial law.