CKUA Database Officer
Are you the Raiser’s Edge professional who everyone turns to for answers? Do you enjoy the challenges and rewards of making a good team great with the support of a superb database? Are you passionate about quality customer service? Do you like music?
CKUA Radio Network (CKUA) is seeking an expert Raiser’s Edge database professional.
Established in 1927, CKUA created the foundation for much of today’s community and public broadcast offerings. CKUA is touted for its original broadcasting and is the curator of a music collection that consists of more than 1.5-million pieces of music spanning almost a century of recording history.
CKUA depends on the loyal and committed support of its constituents to achieve its vision, mission and mandate and has an active Raiser’s Edge database of over 18,000 names, 8,000 of these are monthly donors .
Based in Edmonton, AB and reporting to the Director of Development, CKUA’s Database Officer is responsible for being the administrator and managing all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database. Our ideal incumbent will have an established record of success in working with Raiser’s Edge in a team environment, demonstrating clear communication, respect and trust as well as a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
The Database Officer will serve as CKUA’s expert on RE, providing training, timely and accurate information processing, receipting, reports, research, data analysis and both internal and external customer service. The Database Officer will ensure the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database by updating and expanding the RE policy and procedure manual.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a dedicated team player who is detail oriented, has strong organizational skills, is highly accurate, and capable of maintaining confidentiality and who enjoys working with people.
To be considered, candidates will possess/be:
1. Advanced level, proven proficiency in Raiser’s Edge including standard modules, Events Module, Prospect Module, Volunteer Module, and Media Module.
2. Minimum of 3 years database management experience with a high level of efficiency, accuracy and speed.
3. Experience with mapping and merging separate data sources into Raiser’s Edge.
4. Proficiency in using MS Office software and experience with Crystal Reports.
5. Working knowledge of IATS is considered an asset.
6. Analytic, detail-oriented, results-focused, competent problem solver.
7. Able to anticipate and plan for future events, trends, problems and opportunities.
8. Strong communicator with the ability to distil complex processes/challenges and effectively recommend solutions clearly.
9. Excellent written and verbal skills in English (French an asset).
10. Proven and excellent interpersonal skills
11. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and multi-task with high efficiency.
12. Understanding of fundraising methods, CRA gift receipting and FOIP regulations.
13. Proven capacity to work in a directed and self-directed manner, as well as demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers.
CKUA is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation package.