Position Type: Full-Time (Permanent, On-Call, Weekend, Day, Evening)
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Mature couple required as live-in Superintendents in a centrally located high rise building. Duties to include interior/exterior building maintenance with an emphasis on daily cleaning. Must have strong communication skills to excel in positive tenant relations. If you are efficient, organized and consider yourself a ‘people person’, please submit your resume highlighting relative life and work experience.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities and operations in a residential apartment building, which include:
- Distributing any letters, notices and copies of leases that must be delivered to tenants.
- Cleaning the building, including halls, walls, stairwells, elevators and vacant apartments.
- Showing apartments in the absence of our Rental Agent. This includes providing tours of the building and apartments, providing information about our amenities, and answering any questions.
- Maintaining harmonious relations with the current tenants, and is available to tenants for general inquires about building operation, garbage removal policies and schedules, storage concerns...etc.
- Daily recycling and garbage removal operations within the building.
- Maintaining all fire prevention requirements and perform fire alarms tests as required.
- Frequent communication with our Property Manager.
- Three or more years experience
- Minimum high-school education
- General understanding of basic apartment building operations
- Knowledgeable with repair and general maintenance an asset
- Flexible schedule and able to work evenings and weekends and handle emergency calls
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Must have your own vehicle
- Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)