- Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) Mobile Sales, the Regional Director (RD) provides leadership and expertise in directing and managing all sales and service activities across multiple product offers within a Region of the Mobile Advisor Channel in order to achieve/exceed objectives.
- The incumbent provides leadership; direction and coaching to the Area Sales Managers in order to ensure maximum sales and service delivery effectiveness and to drive growth and profitability.
- Individuals should know about the Mortgage Industry and have Market Knowledge
- Must think differently and bring vision to the role and be prepared to push boundaries
· Responsible for the acquisition of new clients to CIBC, delivering volume, revenue and profit growth and achieving cross sell targets for the CIBC Mobile Advisor team within a designated Region.
· Serve as a member of the Mobile Sales Leadership Team responsible for the strategic direction of the CIBC Mobile Advisor Channel. This includes contributing to the development and execution of national sales strategies as well as product, technology and process changes.
· Provide intelligence and understanding of market trends and impact on core business.
· In collaboration with the SVP and Mobile Sales Leadership team, develop and manage an effective business plan, including standards, initiatives and activities designed to achieve overall growth.
· Review and ensure that sales measurement and management systems/processes for the Mobile Advisor Channel are effective and consistent with business needs. Ensure that sales performance, service level metrics, financial results and other performance data are
communicated with clarity and provide the information necessary to understand trends, issues, and opportunities within the business.
· Build a sales and service culture within Mobile Advisor Channel that supports the RDCS customer-centric profitable growth strategy.· Responsible for the development of “hunter” sales capability through the recruitment, development and retention of a group of top performing mobile sales professionals.
· Ensure effective resource allocation using data driven decisioning to maximize growth opportunities within the Region.
· Provide leadership to enhance the client experience by ensuring the client is introduced to the right offer and/or partner (e.g. Branch/Wood Gundy) for their needs.
· Provide on-going advice, guidance & mentoring to direct reports, including coaching on sales and service management disciplines, processes and standards.
· Through active networking and relationship building in the market, establish and maintain contact with key referral sources.
· Responsible for senior level relationship management and effective partnerships with key colleagues.
· In partnership with Retail Risk Management, ensure compliance with the established policies, practices and procedures relative to the securing, monitoring and managing of risk related to the areas of responsibility and accountability within RDCS and Mobile Sales.
· Provide leadership and effective management of Area Sales Managers and Mobile Advisors to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job by;
· Setting appropriate context when assigning targets to ensure that individuals support the achievement of the business unit’s priorities and CIBC’s overall goals;
· Managing performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, identifying and removing obstacles to performance and by explaining how performance expectations align with business priorities;
· Creating a positive work environment and being an effective role model by championing CIBC’s mission, vision and values;
· Ensuring compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect.
· Executives across CIBC, in particular Retail Distribution Regional SVP’s and Market Leaders, key partners in segment groups, Mortgages Lending Insurance & Deposits (Adjudication), Telephone Banking, Marketing, Collections and Credit Risk.
· Mortgage Insurers, Realtors, referral partners and industry associations.
COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, guidelines and controls.· As the manager of people, this job must ensure all employees within the business unit comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and control requirements.
· As a manager of people, this job has the authority to select individuals for hire, assess individual performance and take disciplinary measures up to and including termination (as delegated by the SVP).
· Recommending cost containment and cost reduction strategies
· Response to customer/partner issues
· Recommendation on new initiative or partner opportunity
· Recommendation on prioritization of business initiatives
· Geographic: Region within the Mobile Advisor Channel.
· Number of staff: Average of 10 direct and 150 indirect.
· Contributes to an annual $6.5B new mortgage sales volume target.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Ability to deliver to aggressive financial and business growth targets, ensuring that all risk (operational and credit) and compliance requirements are adhered to.
· Demonstrated experience, expert knowledge and understanding of sales and sales management processes as well as the knowledge required to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective client experience while maximizing business opportunities.
· Strong financial acumen and a strong metrics and process orientation is essential.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly and decisively set priorities.
· Effective and demonstrated problem solving skills sufficient to address client and operational issues in a timely and effective manner.
· Developed business planning skills in order to create business plans and tactics to support the organizational strategies and objectives.
· In-depth knowledge of markets, regulatory environment, and risk issues as well as a comprehensive knowledge of financial services operating practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of the residential mortgage business as well developed contacts in the industry is preferred.
· Understand relevant regulatory and compliance directions both internal and external as they pertain to mortgages.
· Knowledge of industry best practices, performance benchmarks, competitive capabilities.
· Highly developed leadership skills and proven people management skills having managed a large sales force with a bias to new customer acquisition in a commissioned sales environment.
· Ability to manage relationships between various client offers and delivery channels and supplier groups.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate up, down and across the organization.
· Strong influencing skills sufficient to lead and shape thinking and decisions while responding to underlying concerns of a sales workforce, particularly through change.
· Demonstrate ability to resolve conflict and garner support to achieve regional objectives.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective presentation skills.
- Base salary of in and around $100,000.00.
- Total compensation if targets are met around $150,000.00.
- Ideally and preference is based in Winnipeg, open to Saskatoon or Regina.