CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Imagine you’ve just helped a young couple with the purchase of their first home and they’ve given you something equally important, a smile that says thank you for helping them take the right steps to achieve their goals and aspirations. At CIBC, you’ll enjoy an exciting sales and service career that’s very rewarding, where you’re making a difference in our clients’ lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
Using proven sales and service skills, you will be able to provide an exceptional experience for new and walk-in clients. Your ability to understand and meet client needs will be key to your success.
– To provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs through the utilization of CIBC Financial tools
– Will be required to plan business activities to meet weekly sales, service and referral targets for personal and small business clients
– Will be responsible for proactively initiating phone calls to book appointments with clients to discuss their needs and to offer financial solutions
– Accountable for accurately capturing and validating clients’ personal and financial information, ensuring all documentation is completed in accordance with CIBC policies and procedures
– Act as Branch Manager during his/her absence
– Demonstrate a strong code of ethics while adhering to and protecting client privacy
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Preferred candidates will have completed the required courses, IFIC, or CSC (Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course) prior to the start date. Exceptions may be made available, however required accredidation must be in place within 3 months after start date.
– Must have prior professional experience working towards and achieving sales targets
– Must have initiative and the ability to build strong relationships
– Should be organized and detail oriented
What You Should Know
– Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
– Location: North York, Markham, Richmond Hill, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Etobicoke, Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Cambridge, Guelph, Waterloo, Kitchener etc.