CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through CIBC's three major businesses (Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking) – CIBC provides a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. CIBC invests in their businesses, their clients, their people and their communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to their shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to their employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with their clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. CIBC is proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
Currently seeking a BRANCH MANAGER for *Yellowknife
Yellowknife Branch Facts:
- One of the largest rural branches in the CIBC network.
- CIBC has the largest market share of any bank in the NWT.
- CIBC has the largest branch net work in NWT with 5 branches.
- Level 8 salary range is $79,550 – $99,450 plus a Remote Living Allowance of 24,863 yearly
- The branch has 25 employees on staff. With another 7 in Imperial Service and 4 in Commercial Banking.
*Branch staff consist of:
-11 CSR’s (Customer Service Reps)
-2 BSR’s (Branch Service Reps)
-7 FSR’s (Financial Service Reps)
-1 ABM Service (Assistant Branch Manger)
-1 ABM Risk
-1 Sales leader
-1 BM (Branch Manager which CIBC is filling)
*The branch will exceed its Net Sales target in 2013… and it exceeded its 2012 Net Sales target as well.
-As a Branch Manager the main challenges are keeping existing employees and resourcing new employees and the training of all employees. If these things are done well than the Branch can surpass its targets.
Imagine working in a fast paced environment where you coach, motivate and reward
Assistant Branch Managers along with a team of 12 or more sales and service employees to help clients reach their financial goals. At CIBC, you’ll enjoy an exciting career that’s very rewarding, where you’re making a difference in our employee & clients’ lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
As the Branch Manager, you will work with your team to foster a client-centric focus, enhance the client experience and accelerate profitable revenue growth. You are responsible for achieving branch business goals, mitigating risk and ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality service in one of our largest branches. You will be focused on meeting or exceeding client expectations and service standards. Through your leadership, you will help clients and employees achieve what matters to them.
- Through your seasoned coaching skills, assist your team to achieve all sales and service targets
- Identify client concerns and implement action plans to address client feedback
- Effectively partner with other CIBC divisions who may have offices located within the branch (Imperial Service, Small Business, Mid Market and Private Wealth)
- Actively promote and maintain effective partnerships with peers, colleagues, businesses & community partners
- Manage all cash holdings and branch expenses
- Hire new employees to join the branch team and ensure that all new and existing employees have acquired the appropriate knowledge to effectively and efficiently perform their duties
- Monitor branch activities and risk to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and controls while minimizing fraud, forgeries and irrecoverable losses
- Responsible for ensuring optimization of the operational capability of the branch
- Act as Mutual Fund Compliance Officer for the branch
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of branch equipment (i.e. bank machines, cameras, time locks, computers, etc)
- Mentor new Branch Managers within the district
What CIBC is Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have completed the required courses, IFIC or CSC (Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course) and BME (Branch Manager Examination) prior to the start date
- Must have well developed leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment to the achievement of business goals and superior performance
- Must have very well developed sales management and coaching skills. The ability to use a variety of coaching techniques to help employees determine client needs, overcome objections, identify additional sales opportunities, negotiate and close the sale, while strengthening client relationships
- Must have the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work of others and self; being flexible to adapt as necessary
- Should have previous management experience and the required skill developing employee capabilities, managing employee performance and of performing recruitment activities
- Should have professional experience working with financial products
- Proven leadership skills with experience managing team(s).
- Ensure the consistent delivery of high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed client
- expectations and service standards.
- Achieve the branch business goals.
- Lead, coach and develop the service /sales and operations support teams to create a positive employee experience and build team capability.
- Optimize the operational capability of the branch.
- Proven sales and coaching experience.
- Strong background in teamwork and partnering.
What You Need to Know
Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays)