The Project Superintendent is responsible for Supervision and coordination of all project field staff members, including subcontractors, ensuring that procedures are followed, setting performance targets, meeting intended completion dates and communicating with the Construction manager . The primary responsibility of the Project Superintendent is to make sure the work is completed on site according to the budget, schedule and high level of quality with full compliance with site/company’s safety policy.
- Understand and follow all CHL Construction processes and procedures.
- Ensure that project budget and costs are properly understood, monitored, controlled and reported.
- Work with the Project Manager to plan the execution of the project. Prepare, review and distribute the detail project schedule. Ensure monitoring, review and control procedures are in place that includes all members of the team including sub trades.
- Oversees the overall operation and dispatch of field work and the multi-facets of the project. Direct, monitor support and train as required project staff.
- Ensure safety procedures and paperwork are implemented and completed by all reporting staff, subcontractors and visitors. Work with corporate safety department to administer and enforce policies and procedures
- Review and/or submits daily & weekly progress reports to the designated parties.
- Record and/or approve timesheets submitted from each project and ensure all data is recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Inspects work continuously to ensure completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Assists and develops training and development programs and delivers said units to new hires as well as ongoing training for existing personnel.
- Maintains a list of all equipment on site and sent from site. Dispatch equipment according to project requirements. Work with facility managers to ensure equipment not utilized on projects is utilized through internal means
- Maintains and reviews the project schedule and scope of work to achieve project milestones.
- Chair/perform toolbox meetings and attend every required meetings in the site.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school diploma and post-secondary education or certification in skilled trades an asset.
- +10 years experience in a supervisory role, preferably in industrial construction
- Experience field supervision.
- Working outdoors in uncontrolled climate conditions, with some time indoors with controlled temperatures
- Travel will be in all types of weather and normal auto and air travel hazards will apply
- Noise level is usually moderate, but can be higher outdoors
- Stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and bending, reaching, and crouching;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity.
- Attention to detail
- Professionally and technically competent
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
We are pleased to provide exceptional contracting services with a safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees. We specialize in...