The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is dedicated to working within the community to fulfill heartfelt wishes for children diagnosed with high-risk, life threatening illnesses. Established 27 years ago, the Foundation has developed the capacity to deliver nearly 1000 wishes annually; more than all other wish granting agencies combined. To date, we have worked with more than 19,000 families across the country.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results oriented, self-directed individual to fill the role of Fundraising Coordinator in the Saskatchewan Chapter. Reporting to the Chapter Director, and working from the Saskatoon office, you will be responsible for aspects of fund development, volunteer management and awareness creation in Saskatoon and the surrounding area. While the position requires collaboration with staff and volunteers, a successful Fundraising Coordinator must be capable of independent activity and work with limited supervision. Your previous experiences position you well to facilitate growth and development within The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada, thereby ensuring that our wish granting legacy lives on. The demands of the job are great, but the rewards are even greater.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing organization that has a profound impact on the community, the position of Fundraising Coordinator may be right for you.
- Plan and manage first party events including Wishmaker Walk for Wishes, Exile Island and other opportunities as they may develop.
- Support organization and execution of community events run by third parties.
- Assist with public and media relations; manage subchapter specific promotions and support national campaigns.
- Generate new business in a variety of revenue streams.
- Activate & engage existing donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with existing prospects and stakeholders.
- Leverage chapter staff, local Advisory Board members and other volunteers to grow our presence in the community.
- Create and deliver reports; create and conduct presentations.
- Create and/or maintain accurate records.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Post secondary education and/or related experience.
- Event management experience.
- Fundraising experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven networking skills.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities; capable of meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Professional and diplomatic.
- Self starter.
- Computer competencies: MS applications; experience with Raisers Edge is an asset.
Note: Occasional weekend and evening work is required as is access to a reliable vehicle for occasional travel.
If you are interested in being part of this growing organization that has a profound impact on the community, the position of Fundraising Coordinator may be right for you. Please submit your resume in confidence, WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS, via email no later than Friday, January 18, 2013. Please ensure your subject line reads “Fundraising Coordinator”. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Join our team and help deliver valuable services to the community. Imagine the difference that a wish can make. We have never refused an eligible child their wish and with your support we’ll never have to.