IMPORTANT : The candidate should be available to work on the weekend and on any shifts (10 hours a day, 4 days a week).
CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM.
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
FORK LIFT / SORT OPERATOR - Possibility to become a Team lead !
Site location: Cornwall
Our fork lift / Sort operator must execute core business priorities including but not limited to shipping and receiving all products or be responsible for operating our sorting line, depending of the company’s business needs.
- Contributes to and cooperates with the Zero harm safety effort within the Service Centre.
- Understands, can identify and acts as final gatekeeper for PQS (meaning?)
- Executes product movements in an efficient manner as prescribed by the Team Leader.
Skills and knowledge
- Recognized forklift certification
- Ability to lead a team and motivate his peers
- Strong organizational skills
- Literacy / numeracy at High School level.
- SAP proficiency consistent with Shipper / Receiver profile (site dependent)
- Fitness level appropriate to manual labor.
- Ability to reliably execute direction.
- Forklift Operation.
- Practical experience in a production / industrial environment
- High speed production environment
- Small tools and equipment.
- SAP (asset)
- Team management (asset)
- Supervisory experience (asset)
- High School Education (required)
- Forklift Certification (required)
- WHMIS Training (desirable)
What We Offer
- Attractive compensation packages
- Company paid benefits
- Employer matched RRSP plan
- Culture of Reward and recognition