CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quality Organisation
Technical Assurance Lead/ Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), UK wideJuly 29, 2014
Great place to work. Varied works and projects.

Great colleagues focused on delivering successful outcomes.
Good Employee Benefits but no real job stability right now.
Sr QA Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: if you are on the right team - you can work from home several days a week.
Cons: still some directors and management are freaked out by the whole work from home concept.
This company is great for someone who gets into the right place at the right time. If you get in on the ground floor of a long term contract and are there for many years - and are one of those people who can make the right people like you - then eventually you know where all the bodies are buried and they cannot do without you. So when the time comes – more... for the "Roll offs" you won't get hit. If the contract is rebid and CGI looses it - then you are out - and will need to look for another project. The last hired is usually the first rolled off. And you might as well not even try and move up - because if you make manager it is almost impossible to get another project. If your rate is too high - you won't make the cut for a position even if you are well qualified.

This become almost like a step up from a temp contractor job - except you are part of the company and treated like you work there. Government contracting for CGI is no longer a stable job.

As a college hire - if you can stay and hop around for at least 2 years it will give you a great foundation to move to another company. But I would not make any large purchases until you are sure that you will not be "rolled off" your contract.

Certain people are given opportunities - (for the Project Management PMI certification) and some of us are never even approached. So career growth is really non-existent and on every survey the training and career opportunities are rated really low,

Benefits are better than most - the bonuses for Individual contributors - not so much.

On some projects you are allowed to work from home a few days a week and your schedule is very flexible - but when they need you at midnight they expect you to be there (which is fair).

There are other projects where the management is old school and is really into face time. They are really freaked out by people working from home - its like they are loosing control or something. Oh and these managers will still call you at all hours and expect you to jump and then be in on time the next morning.

Unfortunate because some projects the employees are getting a raise just by being able to work from home while those that come in every day are not. – less
Great working Experience
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), HartfordJuly 24, 2014
Great working Experience.
A great company to start the career.
Prior Military Friendly
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2014
Great Government contract company and excellent for prior military.
CGI has its ups and downs but it really depends on whats important to you.
Service Desk Analyst, US Courts (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: shared purchasing plan
Cons: management
I did not have a great experience working there but I am sure others will be different. The benefits were awesome! The management wasn't very perceptive to the needs of their employees. The morale was often extremely low in the office and if it was brought to the attention of management they wouldn't do anything. Hardest part of the job was watching – more... as people sat around milking the clock were rewarded and people who really wanted to learn were laid off. Most enjoyable were the times when the off-site and on-site employees would get together for events or meetings and you could actually feel like you were apart of something. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 10, 2014
Learnt many technical as well as managerial stuff.
Events for entertainment were organized.
Cool and encouraging higher management.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: working from home option
Cons: health insurance is not good enough
I have learned many nuances of software testing. Good and friendly management. Good Team work atmosphere. Hardest of the job is tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home option so that I can escape commute time and distance.
Have great incentive for their employees by giving employee tickets to Ball Parks
Central Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2014
Great Learning Experience, co-worker assist one another. Woerks well with each other
CGI FEDERAL
SPAWAR- Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 8, 2014
Amazing company. Benefits and compensation are second to none in the contracting world.
Senior Customer Service Representive
Senior Customer Representative (Current Employee), Troy,ALJuly 8, 2014
CGI is great company that is growing at a very fast pace. I enjoy my job. We assist customers with the payments, settlements on accounts and trying to work out some type arrangement to get back on track and still yet maintain there day to day life.
Training Brain Operation Center
Professional Consultant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pps and i was able to telecommute somedays
Cons: sitting behind a desk all day
Typical work day started by checking all equipment I was responsible for, checking the days calendar and all emails, VM and trouble tickets.

Worked along side Operations and IT directors to ensure communications were up and running properly

The hardest part of my day is sitting behind a desk

The most enjoyable part of the job is when it was caotic
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 3, 2014
Just not a clear enough information about the opportunities available
Working together and Ownership
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2014
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream:

To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.

This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success. In fact, we strive to create – more... an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart—they make up our DNA and define our unique company culture. – less
Positive work environment which afforded flexibility in work schedule, ability to work from home, educational opportunities and great benefits.
Consultant/Nurse Auditor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2014
The position I held at CGI afforded flexibility in work schedule, ability to work from home, educational opportunities and great benefits. My favorite perk at CGI was getting to know all my co-workers, which were from different areas of the United States.
CGI review summary
Support Specialist L1 (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good health care benefits, team members are good people
Cons: worked long hours, managment talks down on employees, no weekends off or holidays
Recieved calls from users help users with VPN, connection and wireless issues. along with escalating major issues to the shift leaders and setting up conference calls to find appriate way to help solve the issues. You work long hours with no weekends off that includes holidays.
Decent Pay but only lateral advacements
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: coworkers were friendly
Cons: no pay increases
You take calls for doctors office having trouble with Electronic Health Records. The job was really easy once you caught on but there was a 4 week training class. There were multiple system that you needed to know backwards and forwards but once you do it for about a month you will be able to do it in your sleep. All that being said, I was there almost – more... two year and I never so anyone advance to a higher paying position if you did switch jobs your pay would stay the same despite taking on twice as much work. – less
Good company to work for
Test Director (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 25, 2014
Good company to work for. Great management team supporting our Armed Forces services.
Diverse work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2014
Company has good benefits and depending on position allows the option to work from home for many IT positions. Most positions allow a great deal of flexibility.
Great Productive work place
Visa Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: short breaks sometimes depend on the work load
Great Productive and fun workplace with a gym. Great co-worker who are Great to work with
Employee Friendly company
Head Technical Service Desk (Global Operations) (Current Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, r&r (quartely awards, yearly awards), fun activities
Cons: member driven company which at times restricts the business in taking decisions from a holistic view
Like any other company, CGI believes in striving to achieve what the clients expect but the uniqueness is work with the client closely and understand their interests and provide the best possible solutions to the client

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more