CGI Group Employee Reviews

UNIX System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 May 2014
CGI Is a consulting firm. As a consultant for CGI I can say that the salary and benefits are par with industry standards.
Great work place for freshers
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job and improved professionally and personally.
Routine work including Incident tickets,etc and other new fancy technology
Senior System Admin/Network Designer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 April 2014
it's a good company to learn a lot but company has no good plan to provide the more professional training and career support for individuals.
Great learning Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2014
Great learning Experience you get to touch a bit of everything
OK place to work only if you don't have to interact with other CGI groups
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ontario12 April 2014
The process gods rule. Co-operation between groups is non-existent. Some employees' reason for living appears to be to create whatever roadblocks they can for other groups.
Company is really many different companies stuck together with gum. Everyone has their own standard way of doing things. Submitting simple requests becomes a nightmare even for seasoned employees because every helpline (and there are many) requires different procedures for requests and they keep changing them.
Employees are treated as commodity. To make up for it they're called member. Of course member is just a nice way of saying d*ck.
Pros
OK pay, basic benefit package.
Cons
Go there only if you can stop caring about things like being productive.
CGI is one of the leading independent information technology and business process services firms in the world
DBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
Although I was working for CGI more then 14 years ago , I still under very big impression with the challenging, fast paced environment and great opportunities for professional growth, this company possess.
It's a great place for exposure to the IT consulting industry.
Where you go to gain hands on experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 March 2014
A typical day at CGI is rarely predictable, I am part of a team that handles end to end services, and therefore I am involved in every aspect of the business from the acquisition of a client, to the building of the architecture, delivery and transitio of the project and to the client customer service satisfaction of the service desk.
Pros
Invaluable experience
Cons
Hours often extend to evenings and weekends
Best Organisation Ever!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough3 February 2014
Stands out in the multi. Best ever! Again they stand out! The best organisation anyone will desire to be part of. Great job!
Productive environment with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant - E-Business (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2014
A typical work day for me varied greatly. I supported the VP of Marketing but I also assisted in getting new US clients in the company. I attempted the liaison between two groups that were merged into our very own 5 team members.
I learned how to look at challenges and tackle them. I learned how to deal with different types of individuals and deal with discretion as well as creating a team.
I truly had a difficult time leaving this workplace and most likely would not have had I not met my husband at this time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be respected by my peers and being able to help and do a good job.
Pros
Working with professionals
Cons
Leaving to get married
Productive but hard
Financial Analyst, Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2013
Very productive place
A lot of challenge
But the time to spend at work is long
Life/work hard to balance sometimes
Manned the ENOC
Veritas Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2013
ran the monitoring for thier DMZ.
the DMZ was set up for government customers
Excellent learning experience
Senior Technical Team Leader assisting Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2013
A typical day at work for me consists of emails, conference calls, projects, managing sla's, KPI's, and managing my employees.
CGI has an excellent structure and was a terrific learning experience for me in many aspects.
To me communication is a very important aspect to succeed as a manager and i am very keen on this with my employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Great stability and great core values.
Cons
Low salaries, outsoursing, no advancement.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Senior system analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 August 2013
I have been IT professional for the last 18 years.
CGI was the worst employer I ever worked for.
Pay was good, but the communications and management were extremely poor.
I wanted to leave the company after the first few weeks.
It may be good place to start with, but If you are experienced IT professional, do not waste your time there,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Typical Consulting company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2013
Depending on the team and client you work for, you may have to slog or work 9 am - 5 pm. Co-workers are good, immediate management is good.
Team leader
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Montreal30 July 2013
Learned how to supervise a team
I loved giving coaching
Hardest part was when you had nothing learn anymore
Decent place to work with
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham23 July 2013
The position and work environment is very good, but the upper managements are not doing so well, they like play politics, compete with each other and as a result, messed up some of the big ongoing project. Project went bad, the department lost the project, lost the client, project got scrapped, upper managements resigned, then a new guy come in to take over, and he just let half the people in the floor just so he could make the net income look nicer on the quarterly report, only to prove to the higher bosses that he can fit into the new shoes.
Pros
Good for work and learning
Cons
Politics and other uncontrollable factors
So Happy to work with CGI
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, York11 July 2013
Good Contracts and Nice openings, New technology projects, easy going Managers
Pros
Social Club
Cons
nothing
An employer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2013
Great co-workers but the company does not know how to benefit from its employees. If you are marketable then you are good to them, otherwise, they do not invest in the employee.
Pros
It pays me a salary
Cons
It has no clue how to deal with its employees
Overall it was a decent place to work
Account Manager - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2013
Managed Sales Cycle from Opportunity Identification to contract signature. Responsible for Technology Planning and Planning Strategic Initiatives with Senior Client Management.
Managed sales for infrastructure projects for Desktop, Help Desk and Messaging Sales Funnels (Generated $3.62M in revenue in 2005) (Generated $7.33M in revenue in 2006) (Generated $8.9M in revenue in 2007) (Generated $12.5M in revenue in 2008)
Sought new sales opportunities for outsourcing services
Managed client relationship and Developed Strategy and Business Plan for the team
Excellent reviews
Software Consultant - Contract to Permanent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2013
Working for CGI is like working for a company which makes it living on entrepreneur spirit that runs high at this company however unattainable because of its standardize software platform.
Pros
working your on your own following rules and regulations
Cons
poor quality coding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.