CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Training
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 22, 2014
You are not provided with the proper training to perform job duties.
A great company to work for!
Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2014
Pros: unlimited sick leave
Cons: healthcare has gone from blue cross to hdhsa. which is much more expensive if you get sick often.
I enjoy working at CGI. They are a large company, but they have a hometown feel.

A typical day at work is low stress with flexibility to family situations and personal errands.
Management is the best part of this company. They care about there people and they make coming to work pleasant and enjoyeable.

The employees/coworkers are very positive and – more... always work together without issues. – less
Fun place
Deskside Support Tech (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2014
Quick typing
Always on computers
Very fun place
Pay is good
why do i need to do this review ???
Productive and Great work enviorment
Accounting Support Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, ALAugust 7, 2014
On an average day at work I come in at 8 am start working on updating project and or creating new projects. During this time I am also training other members on the project side of different accounts. 10am I will start running invoices. This is where I send final invoices to clients via email/mail or CGI members will pick them up.
Productive with Good Work life balance
Project Lead (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 7, 2014
Its a company that both balances higher client satisfaction needs but also makes sure there is enough work life balance.
too much travel, not enough pay
CGI Advantage (ERP) Financial Business Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2014
good company
too much travel
not enough pay
good work culture
new challenges every day
Good place to work for
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 2, 2014
The job is well balanced with both accounting and financial analysis components. It is a mix of financial forecasting and planning, budgeting, monthly close activities, project management etc.
Quality Organisation
Technical Assurance Lead/ Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), UK wideJuly 29, 2014
Great place to work. Varied works and projects.

Great colleagues focused on delivering successful outcomes.
Good Employee Benefits but no real job stability right now.
Sr QA Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: if you are on the right team - you can work from home several days a week.
Cons: still some directors and management are freaked out by the whole work from home concept.
This company is great for someone who gets into the right place at the right time. If you get in on the ground floor of a long term contract and are there for many years - and are one of those people who can make the right people like you - then eventually you know where all the bodies are buried and they cannot do without you. So when the time comes – more... for the "Roll offs" you won't get hit. If the contract is rebid and CGI looses it - then you are out - and will need to look for another project. The last hired is usually the first rolled off. And you might as well not even try and move up - because if you make manager it is almost impossible to get another project. If your rate is too high - you won't make the cut for a position even if you are well qualified.

This become almost like a step up from a temp contractor job - except you are part of the company and treated like you work there. Government contracting for CGI is no longer a stable job.

As a college hire - if you can stay and hop around for at least 2 years it will give you a great foundation to move to another company. But I would not make any large purchases until you are sure that you will not be "rolled off" your contract.

Certain people are given opportunities - (for the Project Management PMI certification) and some of us are never even approached. So career growth is really non-existent and on every survey the training and career opportunities are rated really low,

Benefits are better than most - the bonuses for Individual contributors - not so much.

On some projects you are allowed to work from home a few days a week and your schedule is very flexible - but when they need you at midnight they expect you to be there (which is fair).

There are other projects where the management is old school and is really into face time. They are really freaked out by people working from home - its like they are loosing control or something. Oh and these managers will still call you at all hours and expect you to jump and then be in on time the next morning.

Unfortunate because some projects the employees are getting a raise just by being able to work from home while those that come in every day are not. – less
Great working Experience
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), HartfordJuly 24, 2014
Great working Experience.
A great company to start the career.
Prior Military Friendly
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2014
Great Government contract company and excellent for prior military.
CGI has its ups and downs but it really depends on whats important to you.
Service Desk Analyst, US Courts (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: shared purchasing plan
Cons: management
I did not have a great experience working there but I am sure others will be different. The benefits were awesome! The management wasn't very perceptive to the needs of their employees. The morale was often extremely low in the office and if it was brought to the attention of management they wouldn't do anything. Hardest part of the job was watching – more... as people sat around milking the clock were rewarded and people who really wanted to learn were laid off. Most enjoyable were the times when the off-site and on-site employees would get together for events or meetings and you could actually feel like you were apart of something. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 10, 2014
Learnt many technical as well as managerial stuff.
Events for entertainment were organized.
Cool and encouraging higher management.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: working from home option
Cons: health insurance is not good enough
I have learned many nuances of software testing. Good and friendly management. Good Team work atmosphere. Hardest of the job is tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home option so that I can escape commute time and distance.
Have great incentive for their employees by giving employee tickets to Ball Parks
Central Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2014
Great Learning Experience, co-worker assist one another. Woerks well with each other
CGI FEDERAL
SPAWAR- Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 8, 2014
Amazing company. Benefits and compensation are second to none in the contracting world.
Senior Customer Service Representive
Senior Customer Representative (Current Employee), Troy,ALJuly 8, 2014
CGI is great company that is growing at a very fast pace. I enjoy my job. We assist customers with the payments, settlements on accounts and trying to work out some type arrangement to get back on track and still yet maintain there day to day life.
Training Brain Operation Center
Professional Consultant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pps and i was able to telecommute somedays
Cons: sitting behind a desk all day
Typical work day started by checking all equipment I was responsible for, checking the days calendar and all emails, VM and trouble tickets.

Worked along side Operations and IT directors to ensure communications were up and running properly

The hardest part of my day is sitting behind a desk

The most enjoyable part of the job is when it was caotic
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 3, 2014
Just not a clear enough information about the opportunities available
Working together and Ownership
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2014
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream:

To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.

This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success. In fact, we strive to create – more... an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart—they make up our DNA and define our unique company culture. – less

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more