CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ARMY
DBA (Current Employee), PARApril 7, 2014
• Development of SQL coding, triggers, and procedures.
• Basic server maintenance.
• Troubleshoot database-related problems.
• Perform all previously stated System Analyst tasks.
• Use of Remedy ITSM to conduct and solve trouble tickets
• Ensure replication and log files are up to date.
• Remotely install software applications.
• Maintained data integrity – more... through of distributed databases.
• Establish and maintain replication between site and home base. – less
Fun place to work
CWI Quality Control Field Inspector (Former Employee), Whiting, INMarch 25, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: long way from home
Lots of climbing. Good exercise.
Fast pace.
Great compensation.
Dynamic Place to work
Client Delivery Support (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2014
Lots of opportunities for change. Communications within the company are not a strong suit.
not a good place to work
Licensed insurance agent (Current Employee), colorado springsMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 14 and hour
Cons: the whole place
The managers are rude they are very work unethical they talk about you to other employees which makes the experience uncomfortable they pen point you out if there is a problem and make you feel embarrassed theres never seats for the new agents etc terrible place to work
Flexible, Great Benefits & Compensation
Drafter II (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits, pto, flexible hours
This company provided great benefits and compensation. My health care was employer paid. They worked around things that came up at home. They offered training sessions for various career and technological advances. We had several social events to allow everyone to get together during and after work.
Paid to not work. Unpaid when you do.
Visa Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: umm
Cons: too many to name
Being a contractor, pay week starts on Saturday. God forbid it snows during the week and you did overtime. They'll pay you for not actually working on the snow day but not for the time you wasted doing overtime??? On a weekend? What a joke! Totally ridiculous! How do you expect to keep employees? On top of PTO sucks. Been here 4 months and have 9 whole – more... PTO hours. WOW! They also have shady managers who "forget" to interview you when you try to apply to other positions. Or they play all sides trying to "help" you get a better position, all while helping everyone else get this same position. I would stay away from this location. – less
Interesting people with diverse range of experience and backgrounds
Junior Developer and Tester (Former Employee), Gloucester, ENGMarch 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, good culture, brilliant opportunities
Cons: unclear management
I joined the company in May 2012 as an apprentice and from day 1 I was given the opportunity to join a project which had just kicked off. I was pleased to have met people that are friendly, down to earth despite possessing skills of a high degree in many different areas. I bean shadowing my colleagues and through this, gained insight in a lot of things – more... across the board. After a while I began tackling tasks by myself and gained good recognition. I went onto trying my hand in different roles such as development through testing and also infrastructure. The most difficult aspect of work was getting to grips with highly complex environments that were utilised in various projects along with studying the underlying technologies from scratch. I achieved this however through sheer commitment and dedication, sacrificing much of my free time including holidays. – less
Good work culture and work life balance.Employees are treated very well
Software Test Analyst / Agile Test Analyst (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 16, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunities to try new things, cross skill, and get experience in roles you could not get based on your existing qualifications.
Cons: there is always too much work to do in your contracted hours, but in my experience management have been very reasonable in arranging overtime, time in lieu or other agreements.
Great opportunities to manage your own career, combined with the ability for flexible working. great capabilities, really bright people who want to do excellent, insightful and exciting work for clients.
Senior Principal (Director) (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 14, 2014
I worked there when it was AMS. Great place to work. Smart people.
Good to Work here
Senior OSI-PI Consultant (Current Employee), BangaloreMarch 12, 2014
good to work in CGI.
Good in terms of Salary stack and work life balance
Good company where I learned to work independent with clients, managed one-to-one discussions with the clients. Nice place to build the career.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 10, 2014
co-workers were good.

Hardest part in this job was felt difficult to understand about the framework.

Overall Nice.
Workpalce
Biometric's / Security (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
It was a good company to work for, most of all my time was spent over sea in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Good People to work with
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: relieable job
Cons: hard to find advancement
Take incoming calls emails sort to the proper work groups. FCR as many calls as possible and pass on the rest to field services.
good work culture
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: flexible work times
its has very good work culture and also flexible in timings and work from home option
The classification are for CGI Portugal, ex-Logica PT. I believe that the international CGI is different
Process consultant and Project Manager (Current Employee), Lisbon, PortugalFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: management
Because of no management guidelines (strategy and vision), I builded my own path. I grew in ITIL knowledge and expertise, I learned and I practiced all service lifecycle processes. I designed and I improved processes and I learned about process ownership, service delivery and service transition management.
Cool place with decent benefits
IT/Field Services - Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: social club events
Cons: communication
Very good place to start definitely learned alot from this place being that it was my first corporate job. Was on a team of 8. Very long commute to work.
Team Synergy
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: trusting client, energized team, pushing technology to meet business needs
Cons: all work was at the client site with little interaction with cgi management
We had a great team that was migrating the client from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010. Many of the customizations required remediation to work in the new environment. This was quite disruptive to the client, but our team was dedicated to "making it right" which in the end met the client's expectations.

The hardest aspect of this position was the – more... client's approval process for new projects. The process insured complete business buy in, but was frustrating to the development team. – less
CGI - Overall it seems work/life balance company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), KAFebruary 20, 2014
Worked as a Developer, we have a job security and CMM level company, overall it's a good company
Productive place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Database Administrator) (Former Employee), IndiaFebruary 20, 2014
Database admin for various clients. Best place to work and learn.
IT Help Desk/CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee and popcorn thursday's
Cons: short breaks
Answering phones for the first 2 hours of my shift. The rest of the day was dedicated to escalations. Calling customers back in reference to their escalations to either get more information or walking them thru the process to complete the issue that they were having. Sending information in reference to the issue to the correct department for further – more... investigation. Once a resolution had been reached and corrected, calling the customer back to let them know and make sure they were able to proceed.

I was able to learn more about how to assist the caller with issue pertaining to the Medicare enrollment application and walk them thru the entire application. This in turn helped me get on the Escalations Team.

Hardest part of the job was getting all the information needed in order to get the issue resolved.

By far, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist the callers and correcting the issues they were having. – less

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more

CGI Group Photos