CGI Group Employee Reviews

Co-workers
QA Analyst/Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 November 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues, everybody helped each other and always traded information
Pros
Treats Fridays
Cons
Long hours at certain times
Productive & Fun
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management
lots of resources, material & supportive groups to help in the day to day job.
The environment will help in the personal grow and development of the resources.
World Leader in IT Consulting
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
CGI is a top provider of IT consulting. Focus on larger contract work around the world. Also offers in-house solutions to clients.
environnement de travail
employé à CGI (Current Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC26 October 2015
très stimulant , l'avis des employés compte beaucoup, travail exaltant, les employer peuvent facilement évoluer
What i have learned
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2015
After having 3 1/2 years experience in IT industry including my stage at CGI and obtaining a college certificate in Network Administration, I am still learning, but form day to day i fell more secure. Since that period i have learned a lot and from the first day till today i become more confident and efficient doing any task to meet the requirements demanded by my unit and the clients.

In the same time i have started to use various techniques and methods with they helped me to finish my tasks and increase my experience in the IT domain.I have also visited some clients on site to do the necessary job ,and in the same time i have started to be more efficient in testing applications and software for the client using different platforms and techniques.
In the last few months I've started to prepare documents and templates to describe the procedure of QA testing.
progammer
Ontario, Canada, Software Analyst, Programmer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 October 2015
It was my first job to work with CGI when it was very small, a startup kind of thing from Montreal.

Now it is a giant company and in several different countries.

great management, worked in Ottawa Canada not in the states.
Pros
lot of learning opportunities
Cons
it was not in the states when i had to leave that compnay
Horrible Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 October 2015
Too much politics and favoritism. There is no chance of advancement. No chance of a long stay either.

Poorly organized and poorly qualified management.

Management do not like people who are innovative or think out side of the box even though the company claims they want people like this in their company.
Pros
Health Spending Account, Share Purchase Plan
Cons
Severe micro-management, unqualified management and leadership.
It has not changed here in awhile. It's a good learning ground if you aren't expecting work/life balance
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario5 October 2015
There is a lot to do, but it is difficult to advance if you do not match a specific mold. You can get stuck without advancement for awhile
Bon environnement travail professionel
Director Consulting Services - Employer (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC9 September 2015
Excellent environnement travail d'équipe et professionnel compétent
Micro-Managed!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2015
At CGI there is no balance between life and work. Management is non-existent, except micro-management. Co-workers for the most part are good to work with, there are some bad apples as with any place of employment.
Trop gros...
Programmeur analyste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2015
Trop gros... et oublie le côté humain de la chose. Pensent seulement aux profits et non à l'évolution des membres. Il faut toujours aller en entrevues...
Director Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2015
Good place to work, the organisation need little more maturity in terms of process and integration between various business units.
Poor management workplace
IT consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal quebec24 July 2015
I worked 4 years in CGI Montreal IT department
Poorly managed from an employee perspective, compensation below market, no room for advancement. Duties increase, salary does not. No concrete training accepting every job anytime from clients, but not time to properly train the employees, only eyes on money and save costs.
And every good politics to save money, overtime not paid, yes they said it is their politic to save it (bank it ) up to 40h then your manager will ask you to take time off, you will be force to work statutory holidays and never get paid all you will get is a random day off. The salary is way below the industry standard, 16$/h while Desjardin, TD, Deloitte employees doing the same job were 25$/h
No carrier advancement for non-white, yes I said, if you are real Quebecois you get your way easily, and all the good comments are from them because they advance and get everything for less effort. From My VP, director, manager none of them had an university degree, but the employees had a Bsc to Msc. You have to know someone there to advance, a lot of family member of the VP were working there with no IT degree but were advancing at the speed of light.
After 3 years most of my colleagues got depress and were on medical leave, including me.

Team environment was very good (among colleagues, and my last manager was good too, the previous was horrible)
I hope this will help you
Pros
CGI as a whole is a good company, nice team environment
Cons
Low wage, poor management in my department
Good work environment
Senior ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2015
I like to work in CGI project CIBC. The only unsatisfied thing is the salary is not increase 5% a year. Most time it just increase 1%.
Not a satisfying experience
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 July 2015
Honestly, not one of the most memorable places that I have worked at. I would not recommend this company to my friends and acquaintances. Management talks about how great a place this is to work, but they don't seem to believe it themselves.
Pros
Recession-proof
Cons
Low pay; experience not valued
Highly professional management & staff with great work ethic and values. Good work does not go un-noticed and culture of life-work balance is strong
Executive Assistant to VP, BBM & Cust Ops (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec, Canada14 July 2015
Workplace full of interesting and intelligent people, diverse and professional. Hard work and innovation are the cornerstones of this company and they really live up to their values. A strong culture of life-work balance is prevalent and personal growth and development are not only encouraged, but required. Member recognition is a regular and practiced occurence.
Pros
Ability to occasionally work from home, regular fun events, strong social club activities; gym and kiniesiologists on worksite, great downtown location, conveniences in the building.
Cons
Can't think of one.
Not the greatest
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 July 2015
The way the company had treated me the second time around was very disrespectful. Would not personally recommend for people to work here. Not open to change or new ideas. Lags behind its major competitors.
Cons
very organized
Not a place you'd want to stay more than a couple of years
Senior Consultant, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 June 2015
Can be a great place to engage with a lot of interesting and different technologies, great place to be exposed to new things, quite challenging and you get thrown into a lot of deep water. How well you do and how fulfilling you find it is largely dependent on luck- join at the right time, luck onto a great project team, hit the right timing when fresh contract money is flowing in the door and you'll likely enjoy it here.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sr. Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 June 2015
Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off and Volunteer days.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Good company start your career
Learning and Development Consultant for Canada (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 June 2015
Good company start your career and grow.
Great team environment.
Effective Leadership
Importance given to Work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval