CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and a learning experience, able to advance in company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 5, 2012
Was always a productive day in the office, multi tasking and always learning new techniques to the job. Working with co-workers pulling together team work. Taking initiative to helping others in the office to get the job done.
Administrative Assistant / Billing clerk
Admin Assist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MB CanadaJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great people to work with .
I really enjoyed working with CGI Adjusters. I would prepare and type out reports/legal forms from dictation.

File, photocopy, fax, courier and do reception duties as well. Everyday was a learning opportunity as reports and files varied everyday.

My co-workers were fantastic and family like.
Agood place to work, the people are the best, a gym in building.
Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 13, 2012
Installing mainframe products for clients. Supporting clients, and debugging client problems.
Please refer to my resume for courses I have taken and what I have learned.
As I montioned above the people I worked with are the very best, they are helpful and frinndly.
The hardest part of the job was being on call.
Go to work every day.
CGI is a good company to work for.
Consultant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 22, 2012
Pros: teleworking
I have the chance to work from my home office. As a member of CGI, we are alos shareholders
Busy office and lots of work
Executive General Adjuster (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 29, 2012
Pros: lots of work provided to generate income
Cons: small office
On the fly. Enjoyed being busy.Lots of challenge.learned exceptional time management.Support staff were great.
System Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 11, 2012
Nice place in montreal
Good co-workers
Part of the job at home (Remote control)
On call
Lack of Project Test Management Hinders Quality
Sr. Performance Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2012
Pros: good consulting company
Cons: lack of project test management
This is a warning message is for experienced performance testing consultants in Toronto GTA area, which could apply for Sr. Performance Tester position at CGI in Toronto.
The Manager of CTQ Performance Group in Toronto hired me for 6 month contract opportunity in 2011, but he could interrupt this acting contract any day due to "money issue". As result, – more... I worked 3 months only from my 4 month performance testing engagement.
This Manager of CTQ Performance Group is very experienced Performance Tester, but he never worked before CGI even as a Performance Test Lead, and he has a lack of capable leadership and project estimating / management, which definitely affects on quality of consulting services in performance testing field.
I left CGI in Toronto on the previous week. – less

January 4, 2013

The contractor was let go for many reasons. Specifically: 1) Lack of knowledge of Loadrunner 2) Very poor communication skills 3) Always complaining 4) Unable to meet deadlines

Great Company, but management varies from BU to BU
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
I am fortunate to work with a tremendous group of health care professionals who are passionate about the work. While the management styles varies from department to department, there can be some disconnect in communications which can be challenging to navigate.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: able to leave for lunch.
Cons: contract ended.
A typical day is routine, very unusual to have a change in regular tasks. Learned management skills, trained individuals and organization. Manager gave instruction every step of the way during my training. Coworkers were helpful and knowledgeable. Sometimes our vehicles would go down, making it very hard to complete our work. Most enjoyable part of – more... the job was when our customer got there shipments on time. – less
Good place to work and flexible schedule
Passport Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Our goal is to get the products to customers in a timely manner. I get along well with my coworkers. Hardest part of the job is to deal with a difficult customer. The thing I enjoy the most is providing the best customer service.
i cleaned 2 bankers
cleaner (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDDecember 7, 2014
Pros: had weekends off
Cons: management
I love the bankers and they were fun to chat with, I worked from 5:20pm-7.30pm. I will not being go back there. Unless management and a couple of my coworkers are gone.
good working experience
Associate (Current Employee), hyderabadDecember 5, 2014
time management is good
co workers are so supporitive and well mannered.
Very flexible remote job with good benefits
Physical therapy auditor, Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: unstable, poor training, disorganized
This job allowed me to work from home and perform my work. It was very flexible with my home life. I learned a lot at this job about editing and Medicare. The company was a little disorganized, training was poor, and it turned out to not be a stable job with government changes.
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Apply Here
Clerk (Former Employee), Portsmouth NHDecember 3, 2014
I responded to one of CGI Group's ads, and was pleasantly surprised by the prompt phone interview and was 'conditionally hired'. It was all downhill from there, as you had to jump through hoops and wasted hours to apply for the government job. After two months with no reply, I presumed that they had simply not picked me; but three months later, I was – more... informed the truth was they had not gotten the government contract. Given the runaround and lack of a job, I would advise anyone not to waste your time with them unless you are desperate, or enjoy tediously filling out forms. – less
Review Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2014
Good place to work. Work life balance and benefits. Lack of training results in a ton of good people leaving.
Varied tasks within the job kept it interesting.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i had the privilege to meet and the learning experience.
Cons: loss of employment when we didn't receive contract renewal.
A typical day at work would start by checking for work orders and pulling, allocating and issuing the material to the customers. Receive any new material and locate in the warehouse using RFID. Assist with loading or unloading trucks as needed. Perform any tasks the Manager might need through out the day. Clean up the facility. Ongoing inventory and – more... reconcile of discrepancies.
I became much more computer literate as everything is put in the system either by keyboard or RFID. Also learned how to operate sit down counter balance and stand up electric lifts.
I felt our management was very good. I believe the logistics people I worked with were positive professionals with a can do attitude.
Enjoyed my co-workers for the most part. Very diverse group similar to being in the military. Most were eager to help me be successful as they were also receptive to my ideas.
Hardest part of the job was the occasional bad attitude from a co-worker and dealing with the fall out.
In that same breathe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the personnel beside you and those you provided services to. – less
Engineering/Rodman (Current Employee), Wharton, WVNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work the first thing is be safe and always communicate with one another.What you learn is how much you put into your job which I'm always willing to learn as much as possible you can never learn to much.Management takes a big part and where I work management is great.My co-workers are excellent also.The Hardest part of my job is probably – more... just dealing with typical coal mining which meaning just being underground.The most I enjoy about my job is getting to work at two different mines surveying and working outside from time to time.Thats about it I hope to be hearing from whoever this concerns Thanks. – less
productive and fun environment
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
I learned something new everyday and had alot of people who wanted to help me learn when i first started.
The CGI Federal CAP program control group in particular has a very high turn over
Sr Program Control Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pays well and the company in general seem to have people centered programs
Cons: health care is expensive here
Other business units and departments may very well function better or least have an environment that is not as hostile as the program control department for CAP. The processes in place are ineffective, broken and time wasting. There has been an attempt to separate duties to be compliant with SOX etc but the end result was a creation of a shared services – more... department namely billing and project setup that basically provide data entry services which could otherwise be done quicker if program control quicker. A myriad of forms plague the process with delays and errors. Responsibility of these separated duties still lies with program analysts. The billing group doesn't submit invoices they create, they dont follow up on aged receivables, they do not reconcile unbilled, heck they dont even "calculate" the invoice till the program control person tells them hours and amounts to bill. I could go on.. The worst part is the leader will micromanage and look down upon you until you believe you are worthless. Turn over is high! You have been warned! – less
laid back, not many opportunities for advancement
Consultant (Former Employee), FairfaxOctober 23, 2014
- the best work life balance you'll find
- work from home every other day

- work is very boring
- no opportunities for advancement
- lower pay than average

About CGI Group

About CGI Group CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading – Read more