CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Administrative Assistant / Billing clerk
Admin Assist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MB CanadaJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great people to work with .
I really enjoyed working with CGI Adjusters. I would prepare and type out reports/legal forms from dictation.

File, photocopy, fax, courier and do reception duties as well. Everyday was a learning opportunity as reports and files varied everyday.

My co-workers were fantastic and family like.
Agood place to work, the people are the best, a gym in building.
Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 13, 2012
Installing mainframe products for clients. Supporting clients, and debugging client problems.
Please refer to my resume for courses I have taken and what I have learned.
As I montioned above the people I worked with are the very best, they are helpful and frinndly.
The hardest part of the job was being on call.
Go to work every day.
CGI is a good company to work for.
Consultant (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 22, 2012
Pros: teleworking
I have the chance to work from my home office. As a member of CGI, we are alos shareholders
Busy office and lots of work
Executive General Adjuster (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 29, 2012
Pros: lots of work provided to generate income
Cons: small office
On the fly. Enjoyed being busy.Lots of challenge.learned exceptional time management.Support staff were great.
System Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 11, 2012
Nice place in montreal
Good co-workers
Part of the job at home (Remote control)
On call
Lack of Project Test Management Hinders Quality
Sr. Performance Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2012
Pros: good consulting company
Cons: lack of project test management
This is a warning message is for experienced performance testing consultants in Toronto GTA area, which could apply for Sr. Performance Tester position at CGI in Toronto.
The Manager of CTQ Performance Group in Toronto hired me for 6 month contract opportunity in 2011, but he could interrupt this acting contract any day due to "money issue". As result, – more... I worked 3 months only from my 4 month performance testing engagement.
This Manager of CTQ Performance Group is very experienced Performance Tester, but he never worked before CGI even as a Performance Test Lead, and he has a lack of capable leadership and project estimating / management, which definitely affects on quality of consulting services in performance testing field.
I left CGI in Toronto on the previous week. – less

January 4, 2013

The contractor was let go for many reasons. Specifically: 1) Lack of knowledge of Loadrunner 2) Very poor communication skills 3) Always complaining 4) Unable to meet deadlines

Varied tasks within the job kept it interesting.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i had the privilege to meet and the learning experience.
Cons: loss of employment when we didn't receive contract renewal.
A typical day at work would start by checking for work orders and pulling, allocating and issuing the material to the customers. Receive any new material and locate in the warehouse using RFID. Assist with loading or unloading trucks as needed. Perform any tasks the Manager might need through out the day. Clean up the facility. Ongoing inventory and – more... reconcile of discrepancies.
I became much more computer literate as everything is put in the system either by keyboard or RFID. Also learned how to operate sit down counter balance and stand up electric lifts.
I felt our management was very good. I believe the logistics people I worked with were positive professionals with a can do attitude.
Enjoyed my co-workers for the most part. Very diverse group similar to being in the military. Most were eager to help me be successful as they were also receptive to my ideas.
Hardest part of the job was the occasional bad attitude from a co-worker and dealing with the fall out.
In that same breathe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the personnel beside you and those you provided services to. – less
Engineering/Rodman (Current Employee), Wharton, WVNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work the first thing is be safe and always communicate with one another.What you learn is how much you put into your job which I'm always willing to learn as much as possible you can never learn to much.Management takes a big part and where I work management is great.My co-workers are excellent also.The Hardest part of my job is probably – more... just dealing with typical coal mining which meaning just being underground.The most I enjoy about my job is getting to work at two different mines surveying and working outside from time to time.Thats about it I hope to be hearing from whoever this concerns Thanks. – less
productive and fun environment
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
I learned something new everyday and had alot of people who wanted to help me learn when i first started.
The CGI Federal CAP program control group in particular has a very high turn over
Sr Program Control Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pays well and the company in general seem to have people centered programs
Cons: health care is expensive here
Other business units and departments may very well function better or least have an environment that is not as hostile as the program control department for CAP. The processes in place are ineffective, broken and time wasting. There has been an attempt to separate duties to be compliant with SOX etc but the end result was a creation of a shared services – more... department namely billing and project setup that basically provide data entry services which could otherwise be done quicker if program control quicker. A myriad of forms plague the process with delays and errors. Responsibility of these separated duties still lies with program analysts. The billing group doesn't submit invoices they create, they dont follow up on aged receivables, they do not reconcile unbilled, heck they dont even "calculate" the invoice till the program control person tells them hours and amounts to bill. I could go on.. The worst part is the leader will micromanage and look down upon you until you believe you are worthless. Turn over is high! You have been warned! – less
laid back, not many opportunities for advancement
Consultant (Former Employee), FairfaxOctober 23, 2014
- the best work life balance you'll find
- work from home every other day

- work is very boring
- no opportunities for advancement
- lower pay than average
Worse places to work, mostly bad management, great colleagues
Case management (Former Employee), BridgendOctober 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of breaks, mostly great co workers
Cons: need big boobs or a brown tongue to progress
Worked for this company on and off for past 2 and a half years. Colleagues are great but unless your face fits, you are a pretty young lady with big boobs or have a severe brown tongue you will not get very far (i was none of the above). Some managers are great but most of them should not really be in management positions (see previous comments about – more... brown tongues).
Co workers are for the most part great. Always have a laugh and make the job more enjoyable.
The job itself was great and it was like the butlins of call centres (so relaxed), as long as you turned up on time, got on with your job it was fine.
Were always internal jobs being advertised as well but from reading the above not matter how suited to the job you were you would not get anywhere unless you were in the 'click'.
Pay wasn't great either for what we were doing. Minimum wage for technical support that required a fair amount of knowledge and skill
but you would have plenty of breaks (3 breaks in an 8.5 hour shift totalling 1.25 hours).
That aside, i would go back and work there in a heartbeat if it was with the same colleagues i worked with before.
Hardest part of the job was having to stomach the brown nosing and sickening flirting by some colleagues but if you could rise above it it was a pretty cool place. – less
Relaxed environment, pays accordingly
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2014
Thsoe with responsibilities are drowning in work, while those that do not have anything other than typical help desk duties get by doing minimal work. All get the same great, low pay. Ouch.
Good working environment
MOVING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), indianapolis,inOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the teamwork
Cons: not a career job no insurance
A typical day with CGI we go to a customer old home or office and move furniture to the new place
Great energetic new company, offers tickets to all major sporting!!
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits
Cons: you many work offsite and not see them often
The owners are great ( 4 young guys)
They are involved in mulitiple charities
They invest in their employees
A great company to work for
Productive, challenging, and a supportive work environment
Training Development-Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 15, 2014
I worked with excellent co-workers and superviosrs on a variety of tasks and training projects. I felt that I was able to apply my skills, knowledge, and experiences to the work as a Training Instructor.
It was great learning experience, because I learnt SharePoint which was very new to me.
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), CGI Group IndiaOctober 13, 2014
I learnt how to create website pages in SharePoint framework using SharePoint Designer.I learnt to develop front end design structure of site.
I worked as testing trainee for 5 months.I worked with 5 people team.
Sometimes I found the hardest part was to understand the issues as soon as possible and solve the client issues, I developed my skills and – more... understood the whole site structure and work flow. the best part of the job was CGI band. I was the vocalist in the Band, I used to enjoy it alot. – less
Career-focused and training opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaOctober 6, 2014
It is a good place to develop your skills in IT. I had plenty of options to train and learn from SME. If you are interested in promotions, it is a good place to step into a Team Leadership Role.
Employee Satisfaction is good
Software Developer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: cab facility
Employee satisfaction and Infrastructure are good. Also, work, and other aspects. Flexibility all are good in CGI.

Its like Employee Friendly company where we can exposure good career
Good
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), bangaloreOctober 3, 2014
CGI is service based company which is managing 80000 of employees globally.

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more