CGI Group

CGI Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK place to work only if you don't have to interact with other CGI groups
Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ontarioApril 12, 2014
Pros: ok pay, basic benefit package.
Cons: go there only if you can stop caring about things like being productive.
The process gods rule. Co-operation between groups is non-existent. Some employees' reason for living appears to be to create whatever roadblocks they can for other groups.
Company is really many different companies stuck together with gum. Everyone has their own standard way of doing things. Submitting simple requests becomes a nightmare even for seasoned employees because every helpline (and there are many) requires different procedures for requests and they keep changing them.
Employees are treated as commodity. To make up for it they're called member. Of course member is just a nice way of saying d*ck.
Where you go to gain hands on experience
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: invaluable experience
Cons: hours often extend to evenings and weekends
A typical day at CGI is rarely predictable, I am part of a team that handles end to end services, and therefore I am involved in every aspect of the business from the acquisition of a client, to the building of the architecture, delivery and transitio of the project and to the client customer service satisfaction of the service desk.
Best Organisation Ever!
Business Analyst (Current Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 3, 2014
Stands out in the multi. Best ever! Again they stand out! The best organisation anyone will desire to be part of. Great job!
Good company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Good company to work for. Good work culture and environment.
Productive environment with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant - E-Business (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: working with professionals
Cons: leaving to get married
A typical work day for me varied greatly. I supported the VP of Marketing but I also assisted in getting new US clients in the company. I attempted the liaison between two groups that were merged into our very own 5 team members.
I learned how to look at challenges and tackle them. I learned how to deal with different types of individuals and deal with discretion as well as creating a team.
I truly had a difficult time leaving this workplace and most likely would not have had I not met my husband at this time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be respected by my peers and being able to help and do a good job.
Manned the ENOC
Veritas Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2013
ran the monitoring for thier DMZ.
the DMZ was set up for government customers
Excellent learning experience
Senior Technical Team Leader assisting Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great stability and great core values.
Cons: low salaries, outsoursing, no advancement.
A typical day at work for me consists of emails, conference calls, projects, managing sla's, KPI's, and managing my employees.
CGI has an excellent structure and was a terrific learning experience for me in many aspects.
To me communication is a very important aspect to succeed as a manager and i am very keen on this with my employees on a daily basis.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Senior system analyst (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 16, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management
I have been IT professional for the last 18 years.
CGI was the worst employer I ever worked for.
Pay was good, but the communications and management were extremely poor.
I wanted to leave the company after the first few weeks.
It may be good place to start with, but If you are experienced IT professional, do not waste your time there,
Typical Consulting company
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Depending on the team and client you work for, you may have to slog or work 9 am - 5 pm. Co-workers are good, immediate management is good.
Decent place to work with
Java Developer (Former Employee), MarkhamJuly 23, 2013
Pros: good for work and learning
Cons: politics and other uncontrollable factors
The position and work environment is very good, but the upper managements are not doing so well, they like play politics, compete with each other and as a result, messed up some of the big ongoing project. Project went bad, the department lost the project, lost the client, project got scrapped, upper managements resigned, then a new guy come in to take over, and he just let half the people in the floor just so he could make the net income look nicer on the quarterly report, only to prove to the higher bosses that he can fit into the new shoes.
So Happy to work with CGI
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee), Markham, YorkJuly 11, 2013
Pros: social club
Cons: nothing
Good Contracts and Nice openings, New technology projects, easy going Managers
An employer
Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: it pays me a salary
Cons: it has no clue how to deal with its employees
Great co-workers but the company does not know how to benefit from its employees. If you are marketable then you are good to them, otherwise, they do not invest in the employee.
Overall it was a decent place to work
Account Manager - Business Development (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 19, 2013
Managed Sales Cycle from Opportunity Identification to contract signature. Responsible for Technology Planning and Planning Strategic Initiatives with Senior Client Management.
Managed sales for infrastructure projects for Desktop, Help Desk and Messaging Sales Funnels (Generated $3.62M in revenue in 2005) (Generated $7.33M in revenue in 2006) (Generated $8.9M in revenue in 2007) (Generated $12.5M in revenue in 2008)
Sought new sales opportunities for outsourcing services
Managed client relationship and Developed Strategy and Business Plan for the team
Excellent reviews
Software Consultant - Contract to Permanent (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 1, 2013
Pros: working your on your own following rules and regulations
Cons: poor quality coding
Working for CGI is like working for a company which makes it living on entrepreneur spirit that runs high at this company however unattainable because of its standardize software platform.
Productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 24, 2013
Great place to work, very helpful colleagues .
Nicely managed project by Team Leads and manager.
overall great company
Conseiller (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 11, 2013
Pros: company got big fast
Cons: got licenced
overall great company
Learned a lot in it business. Escalation service levels and all.
Met great people at Bell
Fun place to work
BI Technical Analyst /Consultant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 24, 2013
nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place nice place
Extremely Poor Management
Developer (Former Employee), Fredericton, New BrunswickMarch 21, 2013
Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: the worst mgmt, no training, bad orientation, cultural differences, no job security, not much bench period and fake reviews
If you do not know or have:
- How to play politics
- Have a skill no one else does (don't share it)
- Power over someone
You're not safe. Do not count getting raises, advances or keeping your job.
Poor employer if you are consulting / client sites
Process Improvement (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good if you like working for a large entity that moves you to different locations.
Cons: no increases, management dubious, no assistance to move ahead in career.
Overall, your work day is your average work day.
Management is always changing, and overall have little contact with anyone. Relationships are a secondary aspect in my view.
Co workers are fine, but can tell they too are unsure about CGI.
Very little room for aggressive movement and promotion. Status quo. Management does lead people on (destroys morale).
No progressive increases (actually they manipulated the time/numbers so people earned LESS)
Good team to work
Analyst, Wintel Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, depends on the clients you support
Cons: long work hours, on-call is required
Excellent team players and co-workers are willing to share technical know-how.

About CGI Group

About CGI Group CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading – Read more