CGI Group Employee Reviews in Canada

It is good place to stay but not to grow.
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Job security.
Life and work balance.
No raise in salary for anyone.
Flexible working hours.
Have at least one training per year.
Very friendly environment.
Pros
Balancing work and life
Cons
Not a good place to grow
good company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Salary increments will be less, but good place to work
work from home option is available. very big company so lot of opportunities to grow
Management is not that good
Financial Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 5, 2016
Management is not that happy with your progress until they are progressing .
There is favoritism not on the basis of performance, but on the basis of buttering
Pros
Good to start your career with IT
Cons
Not good for long term, no growth
Great benefits, but with a few downfalls
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 25, 2015
It is a great place to get a start in your career, just don't get stuck in the service desk analyst job. It can be high stress and the amount they pay for you to do that job isn't great, but it's suppose to be a stepping stone into what you really want to do.

The benefits they offer are quite good though. almost healthcare (including dental), investment matching, retirement, etc. It honestly made working there a lot better.

The people I worked with were quite good, even if it was quite transient at the service desk side.
Pros
great benefits, lots of training
Cons
transient, lower pay, high stress
Good for entry level and students
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 22, 2016
Great company to get industry experience. Hard to grow your career, and the management is not good. Work environment is friendly for the most part.
Pros
It's a job
Cgi
it project manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2016
Not a bad company to work for when you start off. However advancement is slow and management direction is poor. The organisation need little more maturity in terms of process and integration between various business units.
Pros
Many offices to choose from, with many different types of job paths.
Cons
Directors are basically empty suits.
Multinational company that sometimes forget the littlle people
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2016
The company has a great concept on success. Many process and option to ensure greatness. The breakdown happens on the lower echelons when some of the teams lose sight of these and forget that a company is built on the shoulders of 3 things (Clients, shareholders and members) not only 1 (clients).
Pros
Large company that has a well defined company goal
Cons
Management sometimes forget that we are all human
good opportunites and challege environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 2, 2016
A lot of opportunities in CGI which you can grow your career. I have learned a lot and gained very good experience in CGI. But the job is not secure since you have to look for the job all the time from one project to the next project.
Pros
challege and good opportunites
Cons
job is not secure
Poor management workplace
IT consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal quebecJuly 24, 2015
I worked 4 years in CGI Montreal IT department
Poorly managed from an employee perspective, compensation below market, no room for advancement. Duties increase, salary does not. No concrete training accepting every job anytime from clients, but not time to properly train the employees, only eyes on money and save costs.
And every good politics to save money, overtime not paid, yes they said it is their politic to save it (bank it ) up to 40h then your manager will ask you to take time off, you will be force to work statutory holidays and never get paid all you will get is a random day off. The salary is way below the industry standard, 16$/h while Desjardin, TD, Deloitte employees doing the same job were 25$/h
No carrier advancement for non-white, yes I said, if you are real Quebecois you get your way easily, and all the good comments are from them because they advance and get everything for less effort. From My VP, director, manager none of them had an university degree, but the employees had a Bsc to Msc. You have to know someone there to advance, a lot of family member of the VP were working there with no IT degree but were advancing at the speed of light.
After 3 years most of my colleagues got depress and were on medical leave, including me.

Team environment was very good (among colleagues, and my last manager was good too, the previous was horrible)
I hope this will help you
Pros
CGI as a whole is a good company, nice team environment
Cons
Low wage, poor management in my department
Horrible Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 6, 2015
Too much politics and favoritism. There is no chance of advancement. No chance of a long stay either.

Poorly organized and poorly qualified management.

Management do not like people who are innovative or think out side of the box even though the company claims they want people like this in their company.
Pros
Health Spending Account, Share Purchase Plan
Cons
Severe micro-management, unqualified management and leadership.
Don't treat employees very well
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 25, 2016
You get the general feeling that you are only a number rather than an employee. I have run into many former employees from CGI throughout my employment career, and they all seem to share stories of the same unpleasant employment experience.
Excellent
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 18, 2016
Innovated company with excellent management and employee relations. A great product with excellent co workers and workplace environment. No issues with this employer.
Pros
flexiability
Cons
beta software tools
heard its fun place to work
SAP SRM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2016
Would be grateful to have a chance working with CGI
I work with Deloitte current,its a wonderful place to be and specially the leadership is very humble and helps mentoring
Learning new things and handling a lot of huge task to make me a better person.
Chef D'équipe Réseau (Current Employee) –  MontrealMay 20, 2015
Arrive at Office, Review any new work (or help request) tickets and emails and escalations
Follow-up on any unfinished tickets from the day before.
Team Meetings with various departments.
Client Meeting
Hardest part of the job was satisfying everyone in a timely fashion.
Required status reporting on multiple levels.
Pros
Work from home if you can
Cons
Health benefits
Cgi
IT Project Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
CGI great company to work for if you are looking to work in IT
I would recommend to anyone, good people and very knowledgeable.
The down side people promoted is only chosen my favoritism, that is the reason I left CGI
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bonus
Not a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
I found the culture and moral was very low. I was never excited to go to work. I did enjoy working for my boss and the team. There always seemed to be a lot of politics.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Long hours with no compensation
Co-workers were great
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Our company was taken over by CGI Group and the pay and benefits were on par with other companies at the time. They were very flexible on what time you arrived as long as you put in a full day which was nice on those days that you just wanted to sleep in. The corporate culture was difficult to navigate as they expected the employees to make up any work time missed during natural disasters or take it as unpaid or vacation. Overall I had a good experience due to the quality of the co-workers I was able to work with every day.
Pros
great co-workers, flexible times, possible work from home
Cons
corporate culture
Stay away
Consultant -Full (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 25, 2015
Pros
Secure position
Cons
Salary, no advancement
Dynamic Event coordinator
Administrative Coordinator, Global Communications (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be to begin the day with team meetings to discuss upcoming events, communications, presentations, etc. for the President that had to be addressed and coordinated.

I learned to become a team player and developed leadership skills during the time I was there. I was given the opportunity to share my ideas and intentions to improve the company development.

I worked with fantastic, dynamic colleagues that made my work environment very pleasant.
Pros
shareholder of company and great benefits
Cons
large teams that prevented mgmt to meet with employees
A workplace with lots of outdoor work which i enjoyed
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Had to quit after contract over.CGI was handling AVIVA claims as independent co and AVIVA got his own team and hence co out of business.
Pros
perks like new co leased car and free car wash
Cons
Road traffic will slower the speed of work