CGI Group

CGI Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic Event coordinator
Administrative Coordinator, Global Communications (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: shareholder of company and great benefits
Cons: large teams that prevented mgmt to meet with employees
A typical day at work would be to begin the day with team meetings to discuss upcoming events, communications, presentations, etc. for the President that had to be addressed and coordinated.

I learned to become a team player and developed leadership skills during the time I was there. I was given the opportunity to share my ideas and intentions to – more... improve the company development.

I worked with fantastic, dynamic colleagues that made my work environment very pleasant. – less
Co-workers were great
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, flexible times, possible work from home
Cons: corporate culture
Our company was taken over by CGI Group and the pay and benefits were on par with other companies at the time. They were very flexible on what time you arrived as long as you put in a full day which was nice on those days that you just wanted to sleep in. The corporate culture was difficult to navigate as they expected the employees to make up any work – more... time missed during natural disasters or take it as unpaid or vacation. Overall I had a good experience due to the quality of the co-workers I was able to work with every day. – less
Siloed organization that stifles creativity and value generation
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: work flexibility offered and considered as needed
Cons: requests for training go unanswered and unfulfilled
This organization is not just siloed by tiers, but the tiers actively fight and compete with each other in front of the client. Knowledge is rarely transferred effectively and a steady stream of people passing through roles make solving even simple problems more rigorous and difficult than they should be.

As an independent consultant, you may have – more... a different experience altogether as some friends have stayed with CGI for some time. If you are working for an IT-outsourced client and intend to stay within your job description, this organization may provide you with a good fit. – less
Good work environment and the management team is the best.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), EdmontonAugust 25, 2014
Good work environment and the management team is the best.Good work environment and the management team is the best.Good work environment and the management team is the best.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Database Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
Working with highly talented team was one the main advantage of working for CGI
C# .Net Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 1, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: to grow to next level, need to do very hard. sometimes impossible.
1. Having secured job.
2. To grow to next level, need to do very hard. Sometimes impossible.
3. Salary hikes are very less.
Salary is too low
Change Coordinator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 27, 2014
Pros: regular hours
Cons: not able to work from home, 40 hours/week
Salary here is too low. Salary increase not enough per year. We used to work 37.5 hrs, than make us work 40 hrs without salary increase. Working hour not too flexible in my department.
An interesting experience
Team Lead - Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2014
When you are at CGI be prepared to be your own manager your own developer your own everything...
UNIX System Administrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 9, 2014
CGI Is a consulting firm. As a consultant for CGI I can say that the salary and benefits are par with industry standards.
Great work place for freshers
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 7, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job and improved professionally and personally.
Routine work including Incident tickets,etc and other new fancy technology
Senior System Admin/Network Designer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 29, 2014
it's a good company to learn a lot but company has no good plan to provide the more professional training and career support for individuals.
Great learning Experience
Consultant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 22, 2014
Great learning Experience you get to touch a bit of everything
OK place to work only if you don't have to interact with other CGI groups
Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ontarioApril 12, 2014
Pros: ok pay, basic benefit package.
Cons: go there only if you can stop caring about things like being productive.
The process gods rule. Co-operation between groups is non-existent. Some employees' reason for living appears to be to create whatever roadblocks they can for other groups.
Company is really many different companies stuck together with gum. Everyone has their own standard way of doing things. Submitting simple requests becomes a nightmare even for seasoned – more... employees because every helpline (and there are many) requires different procedures for requests and they keep changing them.
Employees are treated as commodity. To make up for it they're called member. Of course member is just a nice way of saying d*ck. – less
Where you go to gain hands on experience
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: invaluable experience
Cons: hours often extend to evenings and weekends
A typical day at CGI is rarely predictable, I am part of a team that handles end to end services, and therefore I am involved in every aspect of the business from the acquisition of a client, to the building of the architecture, delivery and transitio of the project and to the client customer service satisfaction of the service desk.
Best Organisation Ever!
Business Analyst (Current Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 3, 2014
Stands out in the multi. Best ever! Again they stand out! The best organisation anyone will desire to be part of. Great job!
Good company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Good company to work for. Good work culture and environment.
Productive environment with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant - E-Business (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: working with professionals
Cons: leaving to get married
A typical work day for me varied greatly. I supported the VP of Marketing but I also assisted in getting new US clients in the company. I attempted the liaison between two groups that were merged into our very own 5 team members.
I learned how to look at challenges and tackle them. I learned how to deal with different types of individuals and deal with – more... discretion as well as creating a team.
I truly had a difficult time leaving this workplace and most likely would not have had I not met my husband at this time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be respected by my peers and being able to help and do a good job. – less
Excellent learning experience
Senior Technical Team Leader assisting Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great stability and great core values.
Cons: low salaries, outsoursing, no advancement.
A typical day at work for me consists of emails, conference calls, projects, managing sla's, KPI's, and managing my employees.
CGI has an excellent structure and was a terrific learning experience for me in many aspects.
To me communication is a very important aspect to succeed as a manager and i am very keen on this with my employees on a daily basis.
Worst company I ever worked for.
Senior system analyst (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 16, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management
I have been IT professional for the last 18 years.
CGI was the worst employer I ever worked for.
Pay was good, but the communications and management were extremely poor.
I wanted to leave the company after the first few weeks.
It may be good place to start with, but If you are experienced IT professional, do not waste your time there,
Typical Consulting company
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Depending on the team and client you work for, you may have to slog or work 9 am - 5 pm. Co-workers are good, immediate management is good.

1 2 3

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more