CGI Group Employee Review

Worst company I ever worked for.
Senior system analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 August 2013
I have been IT professional for the last 18 years.
CGI was the worst employer I ever worked for.
Pay was good, but the communications and management were extremely poor.
I wanted to leave the company after the first few weeks.
It may be good place to start with, but If you are experienced IT professional, do not waste your time there,
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management

Other CGI Group Employee Reviews

This was CGI America
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2018
Flexibility is the name of the company.
Enjoyed working with offshore team, Onshore team and client location. The challenging projects made it fun to work.
Senior Consultant for backup and Storage
Senior Consultant for backup and Storage (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2018
• Maintaining system balance and integrity of multiple TSM server instances & CommVault Backup Applications for multiple clients. Ensuring successful database backups at all times. Verifying that all migrations and backup storage pools are emptied and completed.

• Analyzing and determining whether there is adequate storage space available at all times. Taking corrective measures for new SAN storage space via work orders if deem necessary. Formatting and assigning to their proper policy domains.

• Daily overall checks on volumes, looking for tape degradation. Dealing with any failed backups and taking appropriate action, according to the details specified in AR-Remedy or Chorus or ITSM or Maximo or Infoman by the Helpdesk-ETOC group.

• Other duties including monitoring and troubleshooting of both StorageTek SL8500 libraries and four IBM 3584 libraries using the GUIs and ACSLS and Gresham consoles. Verifying drives and robots for any failures and taking appropriate actions with ORACLE support for hardware replacement.

• Supply CGI’s monthly Volumetric reports for my managers and all concerned parties. These reports give accurate details of any data movement, being backups, restores, and backup copy pools, depending on their SLA’s for both backup applications.

• Creating and maintaining procedures for all actions taken to resolve pertinent issues while respecting company policies and guidelines.

• Do monthly on-call pager duties.
Pros
working from Home with my home office environment setup.
Cons
CGI is eliminating working from Home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.