CGI Group Employee Reviews

Looking for Permanent Position with Advancement opportunity
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2017
Hard working and reliable willing to take on any tasks, looking for permanent full time career with advancement opportunity. Willing to begin in an entry level position.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Temporary
great work life balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
Great work life balance. Not necessarily the highest pay or benefits. Not great opportunities for growth. Good place to start a career. Great for retirement.
Good start
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 July 2017
CGI is a good place to start at but not a good place to stay. If you are looking for advancement go somewhere else after max 2 years. Pay is terrible, raises very small.

When I worked at the CGI office, if I turned to talk with someone about anything not work related the team lead would put a quick stop to it (sorry but should be able to talk to fellow employees). The worked me like a dog, no down time allowed

When I work at client site it is much better atmosphere as you get to live that company culture. Still no matter how much the client likes you it is not reflected in your yearly reviews. (the reviews have no impact on your income)
Pros
Stock purchase
Cons
Management treats employees like dogs
un environnement agréable à travailler
Conseillers en gestion et informatique (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 June 2017
un environnement où nous avons du plaisir à travailler ensemble et en tant que propriétaires, nous participons au développement de l'entreprise
Pros
remboursement frais transport
Canadian IT consulting firm with strong male gender bias
Project and Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 May 2017
CGI is closely held by the founder and very profitable. For shareholders it's an excellent investment. For employees it's a big machine that produces revenue. This is a good place to learn and grow but caring about the client or the quality of the work is reserved for those below director level; above that the focus is on the pursuit of profit.
Pros
Broad span of technologies to learn about and work with
Cons
Not so much enphasis on helping clients be smarter; more on relieving them of their IT budgets
Interesting company to work for, doing different things
IT Consultant working for various organizations (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS and Moncton, NB and Fredericton, NB25 May 2017
Good company in general. The have profit sharing in the form of shares in the company. If you like working on different contracts with different companies as a consultant, this is a great company. When not on contract they offer training to their employees. Only issue I had was I had a supervisor that wouldn't do my yearly performance review/pay increase for 2 straight years.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
most times off-site so don't get to meet peers
Great pay bad work/life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Canada2 May 2017
The corporate office has a lot of new management that insist on making their own (avoidable) mistakes instead of learning from the past. Management has a lot to be desired
Pros
great pay
Cons
everything else
few raises
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2017
Raises were infrequent. Usually had a re-org in Sept (fiscal year-end)
Stock purchase was a good deal they match you up to 3%.
Depending on the project days could be very long. Clients were varied and we provided their IT Dept. Most of the people I worked with were knowledgeable and easy to get along with.
Pros
Benefit flexability and Health Spending account. Stock purchase plan
Cons
Uncertainty of job security
Great company
Unix System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
CGI is the first North America company I worked with after I immigrated from Japan to Canada in 1996. When I first get to Canada and started looking for a job, almost all the company asked me: "Do you have Canadian experience". easy question, kind of hard for me to answer. The four years' experience at CGI help me to get established in Canada, a great company!
Lots to learn
Kinesiologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 April 2017
This placement was a good introduction to everything you can do with Kinesiology in terms of health and fitness, health promotion, ergonomics. I learned a lot, and not every day is the same which allows for a lot of variety.
Environnement de travail correct
Conseillère informatique (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi12 April 2017
Le dernier poste occupé était très stimulant et agréable
Pros
Avantage
Cons
Rien
Typical Technical Consulting
Project Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Giant technical consulting firm with a healthy culture. Colleagues are friendly and not cut-throat competitive. Employee turnover is much lower compared with industry.
Stable
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Stable job, stable company. The culture isn't great, it's very corporate like. The people are nice, but majority of them are quite on the older side. The technology used is quite old as well.
The member satisfaction program which is not
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2017
it is a better company to work for people who does not worry about spending time with the family.The employees are shown to the client like warriors but in reality the employees are slaves who does not have other choice than work work work finally get half a peanut as yearly increment or do 40 hours of overtime a week and not get paid or time off. All the
Pros
you have a job
Cons
Employees are treated as slaves, Management need to go back to school
Great place to learn new technology
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2017
Pros: Great people, challenging work, good salary/benefits, stable work environment.

Cons: No work-life balance, a lot of weekend work/OT, lack of training.
Moral is low.
Senior Consultant Incident management center (IMC) (Current Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC15 February 2017
I enjoy my job, I enjoy the related tasks and the team I am working for.

But the moral is very low, there is too much politics internal politics ongoing and consultants feel like numbers. Depending on the management, there is not much implication model ongoing, feeling like a consultant is far from the manager.

I am fortunate to have a job where I can work from home some times and it is positive, and a relief from the heavy air at the office.
Pros
Possibility of a work from home post. Workload is ok
Cons
Painful days at the office. Feel like a number.
Totally disconnected organization
Account Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2017
There is no customer accountability and an employee is used as an escape goat. The MSS organization is starved for resources and is not able to live up to contracted deliverables
Pros
a nice name
Cons
hollow inside
Super gestion administrative
Analyste-programmeur (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC7 February 2017
Un accueil chaleureux pour les nouveaux membres
des avantage soucieux intéressant
Great company to work at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
Good company culture, and great company leaders. The benefits that come with the job are second to none, and the experience is also very valuable.
Good place to start the career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC21 December 2016
Saguenay Office.

Great place, great management team, great growing place.

The team leader, directors will consider the employees' need, very nice experience working in this place.
Pros
Benifits, Care, Career development, Team work
Cons
Pity salary, but worth a good period, also houses in Saguenay are cheap enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.