The Site Manager will communicate directly with Customers and the Customer Business Staff and is expected to provide construction support. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) standards are maintained at all times. Additionally, this individual will be required to monitor customer complaints and concerns' ensuring at all times that the customer receives a satisfactory solution and outstanding customer service.
- Mobilize/demobilize a fully operational construction site
- Administer the construction contract(s) from the field, including but not limited to change orders, scope changes, resource requirements and schedule issues.
- Document all issues that may impact the contract(s) or successful completion of the project and provide daily reports and monthly summaries about the project.
- Maintain the project schedule with contractor(s) and take corrective actions as necessary to maintain the schedule.
- Work closely with Project Management on all projects to maintain a timely and safe completion of all projects.
- Assist with substation commissioning procedures, including high voltage equipment testing, and functional testing.
- Receive, inspect and track construction materials.
- Ensure that all contractors perform their work in accordance with the contract(s), schedule, CGPSOL design drawings, client requirements, and equipment manufacture instructions.
- Maintain effective and continual communications with the CGPSOL office.
- Provide effective communications with all parties on the construction site.
- Manage multiple demands that occur throughout a construction site.
- Represent CGPSOL with clients in the field and attend site meetings as required.
- Ensure that all contractors abide by local, state and federal safety requirements as well as those of the client.
- Proactively resolve site issues and be a forward thinking individual.
- Provide safety oversight and verification of subcontractor safety practices
- Continuous on-call status, occasionally with less than 24 hours notice.
- Create energization procedures for the project
- Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
Experience & Training Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience in the following areas:
o Substation below grade construction techniques, including but not limited to site work, foundations, cable and grounding systems
o Substation above grade construction techniques, including but not limited to steel erection, bus installation, control house installation and dress-out, and panel wiring.
o Major high voltage electrical equipment installations including but not limited to power transformers, breakers, switches, instrument transformers, and capacitor banks.
o Substation commissioning procedures, including high voltage equipment testing, and functional testing.
o Substation lock and tag-out switching procedures
o Substation safety practices and procedures including but not limited to OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910 and the NESC
o Computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
o Industry Standards related to substation construction including but not limited to ASTM, AISC, ANSI, IEEE, and NEC.
o Substation construction equipment knowledge to include but not limited to cranes (rigging and lifting plans), backhoes, trenchers, winches and cable presses
o Contract Administration
o Labor Agreements and work rules.
- Demonstrated experience in the following software programs:
- Willingness to travel. Travel is expected to be approximately 70%.
- Ability to lift/move equipment up to 50 lbs.
As a highly focused solution provider, CG Power Solutions specializes in industrial and utility power systems. Our portfolio includes 200+...