We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate-to-Senior Technical Writer within our R&D Team. This opportunity is for a full-time, permanent position located at our centrally located Ottawa office. Candidates selected for an interview should be prepared to provide samples of their writing.
As part of the Product team within R&D, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining end user product documentation. You will produce content for print, download, and online help, including but not limited to: installation, configuration, deployment, administration and user guides.
As an integral member of the R&D organization you will have a good understanding of the agile software development process. You recognize the importance of and are prepared to embrace documentation standards and best practices in order to maintain superior quality, consistency, and effective content management and reuse strategies. As a technical writer documenting a highly complex product, you will continuously strive to understand how the product works, and be eager to develop a specific area of expertise, which in turn requires you to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment both within the Product team and with other teams in the company.
- A college or university degree in Technical Communication (or another discipline with relevant writing experience)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of technical writing experience
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Aptitude for understanding complex systems and effectively communicating technical information to various audiences
- Excellent listening skills, with a strong ability to understand business needs of customers/users
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interface with members of various teams including: product managers, software designers and developers, testers, solution architects, and senior managers
- Keen attention to detail; ability to proofread work to ensure clarity, accuracy, and quality of documentation
- A self-starter, capable of working independently
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable working in a technical software environment
- Telecom domain knowledge is an asset
Indeed - 21 months ago