Reporting to the Manager, Software Development at our centrally located Ottawa office, the Software Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant software applications.
- Extend existing application components
- Assist with effort estimates and in planning customer deliverables
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Evolve existing data model to meet demands of new application domains
- Refactor existing code base as required to meet the needs of changing requirements
- Follow software development process
- 1-3 years of software development experience
- Detailed knowledge in one or more of the following areas: performance and scalability, software design, Carrier Ethernet, OSS Software design and implementation, operating systems
- Competence in at least one programming language such as Java, Lisp, or Ruby, Scala, Python or C++
- Familiarity with at least one additional programming language
- Objected oriented and/or functional programming experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
CENX provides software and services solutions that orchestrate Ethernet transport services across today’s IP networks and virtualized next generation software-defined networks. With CENX, service providers and cloud exchange providers can accelerate time to revenue, differentiate Ethernet services with variable connectivity options, and assure performance as they transform to software defined networks.
Our flagship CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager solution offers service orchestration capabilities designed to differentiate Ethernet connectivity, accelerate service turn-up, maximize service uptime, and manage an optimal transport experience for enterprises, service providers and cloud exchange customers.
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly by clicking the Apply button. We will give full consideration to all candidates, but only those suitable for this opportunity will be contacted.