CENX Inc. provides Ethernet Lifecycle Management for the new generation of Ethernet-based backhaul networks. The founders of the company are known for pioneering the creation of the Metro Ethernet Forum and Carrier Ethernet, playing a major role in helping the world’s top 200 telecom companies develop the rapidly growing $100B Ethernet Network and Services market. We leverage our leadership and expertise in the development and deployment of Ethernet Lifecycle Management systems, supporting management systems, automated business processes and services.
Reporting to the CEO at our centrally located Ottawa office, the Director of Product Management is responsible for life cycle management of CENX products and services. In this role, you will define solutions tailored to specific markets and, working with Marketing, create roll-out strategies with supporting collateral for the Sales Team. Working closely with both customers and CENX’s Sales Team, you will secure buy-in on the product and services strategies for each region. Partnering with the Engineering Team, you will also ensure the commercial release strategies are properly supported by internal release plans, ensuring synergy and cost efficiencies. Working closely with customers, you will be responsible for ensuring that the product roadmap addresses the core needs of our current and future customers prior to finalizing the go-to-market strategy.
- Conduct market and customer research in support of developing the Product Strategy
- Prepare the business case for each product, along with a product roadmap
- Define Solutions, product specifications, pricing structure and roll-out strategies for each region
- Translate market requirements across different product lines and market segments into a cohesive set of requirements and objectives for the Engineering Team
- Develop core product and solution value propositions – key messages, target audience, technical and business value proposition
- Partner with Marketing to develop sales tools and collateral, ensuring consistency of messaging in customer presentations, datasheets, product demos, etc.
- Take ownership for full NPI process, end-to-end
- Conduct competitive analysis and track industry activity – help drive competitive positioning
- Support discussions with industry analysts/press as a product spokesperson, as required
- Provide support for product demonstrations and presentations at industry events– including pitches, messaging, scripts and sourcing
- Drive product sales training of Sales Team
- Develop business review materials, product marketing plans and strategies, and collateral for respective product programs
- Provide input to thought leadership initiatives including product messaging, speaking opportunity support and materials development
- Provide RFP/RFI Support
- Combined 10+ years in Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Engineering roles, including at least 2 years in a Leadership role
- Extensive Product Management experience in the software industry, ideally with Ethernet backhaul, Enterprise access, and Carrier Ethernet services
- Strong customer presentation skills and effective in all customer interactions
- Effective in engaging with internal technical teams and assisting Engineering in driving overall product vision
- Experience in designing and executing product marketing programs is desirable
- Solid written, oral communications skills
- Ability to articulate corporate and product messaging
- Global travel is required - participate at industry events, support pre-sales activity
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
We will give full consideration to all candidates, but only those suitable for this opportunity will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
CENX Inc. provides interconnect services for the new generation of Ethernet-based backhaul networks. The founders of the company are known f...