Position Title: Mortgage Specialist/Sub Mortgage Broker
Position Type: Full Time
Position Category: Sales
As a Mortgage Specialist you will seek out new customers through the development of relationships within the community and realtors' offices. You will enhance the experience of existing customers who are not being account managed by being accessible and proactively providing customer-focused mortgage solutions and advice.
At the conclusion of the approval for mortgage financing for the customer, you will successfully anchor the customer’s wit. The successful candidate will be required to work independently and remain mobile to accommodate clients' preferences.
- A developed realtor network, an existing network of referrals & centres of influence is an asset for this role
- Strong knowledge of the mortgage adjudication, mortgage origination business and home financing products is an asset.
- Knowledge of mortgage products and various lender risk management (underwriting) guidelines are important aspects
- Knowledge of Broker Origination systems and marketing techniques are a definite asset
- Strong computer skills will help in working routines
- You must be able to consistently provide superior responsive service to client requests in order to build customer loyalty and trust
- You must be extremely well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- You are an energetic and enthusiastic team player who pays attention to detail
- You are a leader who is able to motivate others effectively
- A minimum of 1-2 years proven Sales success, preferably in the Financial or Real Estate industry
- Proven success establishing and maintaining community networks/centres of influence
- Demonstrated success building trust and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Proven application of business acquisition mindset.
- A demonstrated in networking, prospecting and asking your clients for referrals is critical to success
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to self manage and work without constant supervision is a requirement
A post-secondary diploma/degree is preferred (ideally in Commerce/Business Administration) or minimum 2 years related experience is required.
- Developing local business opportunities and seeking out new customers through the development of relationships within the community and centres of influence.
- Position will be constantly challenged to exceed previous goals and targets and achieve your own unique contribution to the region's success.
- Leverage full capabilities including various lenders, alternate delivery channels and service partners to achieve business goals.
Indeed - 21 months ago